By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

A trio of sequels including Gears of War 2, Fable 2, and Ninja Gaiden II headline the initial Xbox 360 release list this year.

Full Text:

In addition to confirming Gears of War 2 on Wednesday, Microsoft profiled its next round of heavy-hitting console games at this week's Game Developer Conference, namely the aforementioned Gears 2, Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden II, and Too Human (that's a lot of "twos/toos").

Too Human is due this spring, followed by Ninja Gaiden II in June, Gears of War 2 in November, and Fable 2 later in the year. "This year, the most anticipated games will be found exclusively on Xbox 360," asserts Microsoft.

Additionally, Microsoft promised a "rich mix" of indie-developed Xbox Live Arcade games this year, especially given today's announcement that community-developed games would soon be available for download over Xbox Live. Intriguing sounding games include Castle Crashers, Defense Grid, Penny Arcade Adventures, JellyCar, Dishwasher, RocketBall, and ProximityHD.

Earlier this month, Microsoft Game Studios president Shane Kim called the Xbox 360 game lineup "stacked" this year.

My thoughts? Well I never knew metal gear sold was cancelled for the ps3, and smash bros was coming to xbox?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

You are right Zackblue, Microsoft is fail regarding the most desired games.

Well I disagree...

Or that Mario Kart Wii, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Wii Fit, and Gran Turismo 5 had been canceled.

That being said, there will be a lot of hype for Gears of War 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2. Too Human has suffered some hiccups, but I have faith in the game. Fable 2 could be hit or miss.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Did you expect them to say something like, "I know PS3 and Wii have more highly anticipated games then we do, but we've got a few up our sleeve." ???

PR.

Around the Network

well actually since geOW sold better than MGS3 I think u can say GeOW 2 is more anticipated than MGS4

I find it interesting that Microsoft's most anticipated games are all sequels.

Both Wii and PS3 are looking forward to at least one new IP (Wii Fit and LBP).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Anticipation doesn't go by sales

mike_intellivision said:
I find it interesting that Microsoft's most anticipated games are all sequels.

Both Wii and PS3 are looking forward to at least one new IP (Wii Fit and LBP).

Mike from Morgantown

They do have Too Human, but I don't think there is a huge following for this game.  I personally think it looks good, but I don't know how the gameplay will be.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Dolla Dolla said:
Did you expect them to say something like, "I know PS3 and Wii have more highly anticipated games then we do, but we've got a few up our sleeve." ???

PR.

Right.  We could even ask this question more generally: when should we ever take PR as a realistic depiction of the market landscape?

On the other hand, I am becoming more impressed with the 360's lineup. Gears of War 2, NG II, Fable 2, and Too Human is actually a fairly good quartet of exclusives, on top of GTA IV's exclusive content. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">