By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

I have to admit with the announcement of Gears 2 I'm not worried about the 2008 lineup for 360. This years games dont really compare to last years but there isn't a huge post June gap anymore. So for 360 owners it may turnout to be a good year afterall.

However on the best games are exclusive to 360 it may be a little early for that statement. Truthfully im almost certain that Ninty has something huge up their sleeve for the holidays. Personally im pulling for Pikmin 3.

Around the Network

Seems like a good lineup, however I don't think any of those games are in the same league as GTA sales wise.

Which doesn't really matter, given the Xbox 360 will have the only complete version of GTAIV.........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

That Spielberg game for Wii looks pretty fun, and very much back to a game style that isn't appreciated as much any more. What's the title....oh yea, "Boom Blox". This looks like it could be up there (personal favorites opinions) with Sim City and The Incredible Machine.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

definitely a solid lineup. but no way the most anticipated games. not when you've got mgs4, mario kart, ssbb, gt5, gta4, all already revealed.

but i've very much looking foward to those three, especially fable 2 and ninja gaiden 2.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
wow you got us there. 2 great games and an average one (ninja gaiden 2) are wwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy better than any other console. We all know MGS4, KZ2, GT5, LBP, Haze, SOCOM, FF13, Getaway, LA Noire, Jak and Daxter, Motorstorm 2, and White Knight Chronicles will pail in comparison to those 3 you named. In fact, all the PS3 games I named will probably be cancelled.

That's a nice line up, but not all those games will make an 08 release date.

People need to calm down, it's a MS press release, of course they're going to say they have the best games. Just like every 3rd party developer would say they're releasing the top games this year. It's what companies in every industry in the world say. It's like McDonalds saying they make the best burger. They say it cause it's their job, no one should be surprised or affended. It's how they pay the bills.

The only games that is more anticipated more then Gears of war 2 are brawl, cart, and GT 5

im sorry but MGS4 is big but its not that big. Its HUGE on forums and interenet but besides that i highly doubt it.
YOu can see this because of sales

And yes sales DO SHOW anticipation of a game it does NOT show quality however

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

facher83 said:
That Spielberg game for Wii looks pretty fun, and very much back to a game style that isn't appreciated as much any more. What's the title....oh yea, "Boom Blox". This looks like it could be up there (personal favorites opinions) with Sim City and The Incredible Machine.

*cough*LittleBigPlanet*cough*

dabaus513 said:
Im sorry but im totally not interested in Ninja Gaiden 2, should i be or is it getting hype because its a japanese game thats exclusive to the 360?

why did you have to add this.....?

Should we be getting hyped for killzone 2 just cause its a huge waste of money????

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Bingoo said:
The only games that is more anticipated more then Gears of war 2 are brawl, cart, and GT 5

im sorry but MGS4 is big but its not that big. Its HUGE on forums and interenet but besides that i highly doubt it.
YOu can see this because of sales

And yes sales DO SHOW anticipation of a game it does NOT show quality however

MGS1 and 2 sold a few million more than geow - http://sec.edgar-online.com/2004/07/22/0001193125-04-122301/section5.asp

MGS4 is the first direct sequel to MGS2, it will be a lot bigger than geow2.