By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

Jandre002 said:
I think all Sony fans should just hit people with a wait and see. 360 is outsold WW, games that outsell each of their best games are being released within in the same year on different genre's.

We have more impressive new IP's coming, and unless Gears 2 is 10x better than UT3 was, its going to have a VERY tough time beating out Resistance 2, and thats its only worry if Killzone 2 completely flops.

I'll be totally suprised if the 360 even sells within 4,000,000 of the PS3 this year. A weaker lineup up with weaker console features (that you have to pay for) along with 1/10 consoles atleast failing? The 360 cant compete with that lineup, because nobody even cares about those games past Gears except current owners.

Please point to these "more impressive new IP's" as I was pretty sure that things like Alan Wake, Too Human and Lost Odyssey were far more impressive than the (non-existant) new Sony horror-shooter, action-rpg and JRPG games that are coming out in 2008:)

Gears of War scored far better in sales and scores than Resistance did, so if we are going to make any assumptions this far out, its more realistic to assume Gears will beat the crap out of Resistance on both counts.  As for Killzone 2, the first one was horrible, and the rumours are mounting that this one will be mediocre in every area but graphics.  Half of Sony's killer-2008 has been delayed or will be delayed.

As for weaker console features, Xbox Live says hello.  Or do you not need a half-way decent online-service to play Resistance and Killzone to their fullest? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

When is Resistance 2 coming out anyways? Do you think Resistance will go head to to head with GeoW2 in November?

starcraft said:
Jandre002 said:
I think all Sony fans should just hit people with a wait and see. 360 is outsold WW, games that outsell each of their best games are being released within in the same year on different genre's.

We have more impressive new IP's coming, and unless Gears 2 is 10x better than UT3 was, its going to have a VERY tough time beating out Resistance 2, and thats its only worry if Killzone 2 completely flops.

I'll be totally suprised if the 360 even sells within 4,000,000 of the PS3 this year. A weaker lineup up with weaker console features (that you have to pay for) along with 1/10 consoles atleast failing? The 360 cant compete with that lineup, because nobody even cares about those games past Gears except current owners.

Please point to these "more impressive new IP's" as I was pretty sure that things like Alan Wake, Too Human and Lost Odyssey were far more impressive than the (non-existant) new Sony horror-shooter, action-rpg and JRPG games that are coming out in 2008:) 

Well White Knight Story will kick Lost Odyssey's ass in JRPG genre. You do know WKS is made by Level 5?

Action RPG's and Horror Shooters aren't really new and innovative. There will also be plenty of games in said genre's for the PS3 this year, exclusive or not. Has the 360 got anything as exciting, new and innovative as LBP coming out this year. Now there, is an impressive new IP. 

A few more impressive new IP's coming PS3's way. Haze, developed by Free Radical, the genius' that brought us the amazingly amazing Timesplitter's series. Infamous, developed by the makers of Sly Cooper. 

That selection looks a lot more impressive that Alan Wake, Too Human and Lost Odyssey. But hey who knows, maybe White Knight Story wont better Lost Odyssey's 77% rating on gamerankings.com. 

tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
Jandre002 said:

Well White Knight Story will kick Lost Odyssey's ass in JRPG genre. You do know WKS is made by Level 5?

Action RPG's and Horror Shooters aren't really new and innovative. There will also be plenty of games in said genre's for the PS3 this year, exclusive or not. Has the 360 got anything as exciting, new and innovative as LBP coming out this year. Now there, is an impressive new IP.

A few more impressive new IP's coming PS3's way. Haze, developed by Free Radical, the genius' that brought us the amazingly amazing Timesplitter's series. Infamous, developed by the makers of Sly Cooper.

That selection looks a lot more impressive that Alan Wake, Too Human and Lost Odyssey. But hey who knows, maybe White Knight Story wont better Lost Odyssey's 77% rating on gamerankings.com.

I think that WKS looks too have quite repetitive combat, however if it's story pulls through it could be a decent game. Hard to top LO's story though. Also I don't think Jandre said anything about "new and innovative," he just said more impressive. If Too Human and Alan Wake (made by the people that gave us Max Paine) are excellent advertisements of their genres (and they look to be), they will be impressive, new IP that the PS3 doesn't have.

As for Haze and LBP, many on these vary forums have questioned the gameplay of LBP (and even if it is excellent, it is the very definition of a hardcore, niche title), and Haze has seen consistent delays that call into question its value.

But at the end of the day, we'll have to wait and see. Any of these games for either console could turn out to be a Lair, which would skuttle one or both of our arguments.

On a side note, I will point out that Sony has largely stopped talking about Killzone 2, which they have been uber hyping for the last two years. Perhaps this is just a coincidental lull, but it reminds me very much of Lair.

That new Banjo game is coming out this year on 360 innit?

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

Yes indeed it is Jessman. I am quite looking forward to it.