By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

I was looking back a few pages and I suddenly felt ashamed of being a PS3 brotha associated with some specific owners of the same console.

Doesnt stop there though, all the OTHER console fanatics had their share of the shame aswell.

On topic:

The 360 owners have alot of games to look forward in this year, likewise for the PS3 crowd. Period.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network
rukusa said:
I was looking back a few pages and I suddenly felt ashamed of being a PS3 brotha associated with some specific owners of the same console.

Doesnt stop there though, all the OTHER console fanatics had their share of the shame aswell.

On topic:

The 360 owners have alot of games to look forward in this year, likewise for the PS3 crowd. Period.

i feel like repeating myself :P   if microsoft just said that.... this thread wouldnt exist  

Why has no one listed White Knight Stories? Hello, Level 5, the best damn RPG developers on the planet! (apart from Square Enix).

360 had/has the better line up last year compared to ps3 by far, yet it didn't KILL the ps3 off. this year, the lineup is more even with, in my opinion, 360 having the edge this year after hearing of gears 2 for this year. my opinion is that ps3 has enough games this year to still outsell the 360 for the bulk of this year.

A Selection of PS3 Exclusives for 2008

1. Gran Turismo 5 / Prologue
  2. Killzone 2
  3. Tekken 6
  4. Metal Gear Solid 4
  5. LittleBigPlanet
  6. Haze
  7. Resistance 2
  8. Motorstorm 2
  9. SOCOM Confrontation
  10. BUZZ!
  11. Final Fantasy XIII
  12. Valkyrie of the Battlefield
  13. Wardevil
  14. White Knight Chronicles

At most, 2 or 3 of these titles willbe pushed to 2009.

Still a very impressive lineup of exclusives for 2008.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

I think all Sony fans should just hit people with a wait and see. 360 is outsold WW, games that outsell each of their best games are being released within in the same year on different genre's.

We have more impressive new IP's coming, and unless Gears 2 is 10x better than UT3 was, its going to have a VERY tough time beating out Resistance 2, and thats its only worry if Killzone 2 completely flops.

I'll be totally suprised if the 360 even sells within 4,000,000 of the PS3 this year. A weaker lineup up with weaker console features (that you have to pay for) along with 1/10 consoles atleast failing? The 360 cant compete with that lineup, because nobody even cares about those games past Gears except current owners.

I know Gears is a good IP, but I think people are putting so much faith into a sequel of a crappy game to begin with (Killzone). So yes 360 has an awsome line up to compete with PS3.

GeoW 2 is already on the Amazon's Bestselling list.
Currently at 70, in front of GeoW.

It's $70 for limited edition and $60 for the regular.
It'll be a great year for 360

DOATS1 said:
360 had/has the better line up last year compared to ps3 by far, yet it didn't KILL the ps3 off. this year, the lineup is more even with, in my opinion, 360 having the edge this year after hearing of gears 2 for this year. my opinion is that ps3 has enough games this year to still outsell the 360 for the bulk of this year.

Exactly.

Microsoft had strong nukes they dropped off in 2007. Many of which were expected and unexpected succeses.

It did kickstart in 2006 however with Dead Rising and an unexpected killer known as Gears of War.

I thought that by the time that Halo 3 would get around the PS3 would get obliterated considering the hype. Apparently it didnt happen but left a budge in the american PS reputation as a huge majority of US gamers boarded the Xbox 360 ownership.

Before that, there was Forza 2, Bioshock, Crackdown & lost Planet all of which contributed somewhat to the 360's arsenal against the PS3.

The effect is felt in the US, but not too much in the European Territory nor Japan.

Considering that this time the PS3 has some expected and potentially unexpected future succeses this year, then its quite possible for the PS3 to execute an equally succesfull (or better) year than the 360's 2007.

But still remains in the unclear though. Hopefully we will see more of interesting events unfold throughout 2008 to determine whose got the advantage.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.