By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

starcraft said:
Bonafide732 said:
i still think the ps3's lineup edges it out but thats just me.

But don't you see Bonafide, that is the key.  Six months ago evey PS3 fanboy on the internet was saying 2008 is the year of the Sony PS3, the 360 will be left in the dust.

Now, though no PS3 fanboy will admit that the 360 line-up may actually end up being BETTER, all (with the exception of Jandre and Crazzyman (yes Jandre, your now lumped in with Crazzyman)) concede that the 360 has some very compelling titles.  Honestly, could you see yourself using words like "edges it out" on this issue six months back?

The 360 lineup is still a termite compared to the ps3's at this point.

Even though you have one proven AAA titles(gears 2) everything else is a new IP which is not proven.

Dont act like some sony fans on this site that thought that heavenly sword would be a god of war for ps3, when its a new Ip and it ends up being a dissapointment.

Right now, MGS4, and Resistance 2 are enough to out weigh the best title on the xbox 360 which will be gears of war 2.

I just cant understand why you even think the 360's lineup is even close to being half as good as the ps3's this year.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network
zackblue said:
starcraft said:
Bonafide732 said:

But don't you see Bonafide, that is the key. Six months ago evey PS3 fanboy on the internet was saying 2008 is the year of the Sony PS3, the 360 will be left in the dust.

Now, though no PS3 fanboy will admit that the 360 line-up may actually end up being BETTER, all (with the exception of Jandre and Crazzyman (yes Jandre, your now lumped in with Crazzyman)) concede that the 360 has some very compelling titles. Honestly, could you see yourself using words like "edges it out" on this issue six months back?

Even though you have one proven AAA titles(gears 2) everything else is a new IP which is not proven.

Dont act like some sony fans on this site that thought that heavenly sword would be a god of war for ps3, when its a new Ip and it ends up being a dissapointment.

Right now, MGS4, and Resistance 2 are enough to out weigh the best title on the xbox 360 which will be gears of war 2.

I just cant understand why you even think the 360's lineup is even close to being half as good as the ps3's this year.

Because Gears has a history of higher scores, higher sales (much higher when you remove bundles) and higher hype, it will better Resistance (in my opinion in quality as well).  But in your assertion you ignore Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Banjo Kazooie 3, all sequels to high-selling, VERY HIGH quality franchises, with broader appeal than MGS's stealth-based combat.  Add to that the only complete version of GTAIV and you have a compelling lineup.

Given that GT5 is unlikely to make 2008, FFXIII definately won't, and we don't even know for sure on Tekken 6, perhaps its time you started understanding.

And though you are right in your statement that you cannot always predict what will happen with new franchises (Lair), you can't deny that the 360's new IP's look as numerous and compelling as the PS3's, if not moreso.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
zackblue said:
starcraft said:
Bonafide732 said:

But don't you see Bonafide, that is the key. Six months ago evey PS3 fanboy on the internet was saying 2008 is the year of the Sony PS3, the 360 will be left in the dust.

Now, though no PS3 fanboy will admit that the 360 line-up may actually end up being BETTER, all (with the exception of Jandre and Crazzyman (yes Jandre, your now lumped in with Crazzyman)) concede that the 360 has some very compelling titles. Honestly, could you see yourself using words like "edges it out" on this issue six months back?

Because Gears has a history of higher scores, higher sales (much higher when you remove bundles) and higher hype, it will better Resistance (in my opinion in quality as well).  But in your assertion you ignore Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Banjo Kazooie 3, all sequels to high-selling, VERY HIGH quality franchises, with broader appeal than MGS's stealth-based combat.  Add to that the only complete version of GTAIV and you have a compelling lineup.

Given that GT5 is unlikely to make 2008, FFXIII definately won't, and we don't even know for sure on Tekken 6, perhaps its time you started understanding.

And though you are right in your statement that you cannot always predict what will happen with new franchises (Lair), you can't deny that the 360's new IP's look as numerous and compelling as the PS3's, if not moreso.

now if only microsoft said that then this thread wouldnt exist would it?

starcraft said:
zackblue said:
starcraft said:
Bonafide732 said:

MGS has a history of higher scores(I compare metal gear since its 3rd person vs 3rd person), as well as higher sales(thats if you compare the entire franchise).

Banjo kazooie 3 will no longer be developed by the same developers that made the game what it was on the nintendo 64, with amazing gameplay, and breath taking graphics, the game is somewhat of a question if it will be the game that once rivaled mario, or the game that would kill the franchise

Now,If we were to compare too AAA proven ip's PS3 should take it without hand, also please dont state as if the xbox 360 would have the COMPLETE  game as in all the missions to pass the general story, while the ps3 version would only have half of the game. They will both game the complete game, though the 360 version would likely be the better version with *extra* content.

We have to be seious here, the ps3 lineup is clearly the best of this year compared to any other system out to date.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Zackblue:
"We have to be seious here, the ps3 lineup is clearly the best of this year compared to any other system out to date."

LOL thats what you say zackblue, thats your opinion.
In my opinion Brawl is the most hyped game this year, more than any 360/PS3 games.

But I also have to admit those games you say are actually good, though ill choose the 360 line up over the ps3 any day.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

ah yes, extra content for gtaiv...way to go microsoft for screwing 360 arcade owners...cheaper indeed, now those who wants the dc hafta go buy a hd for their arcade. yup, cheaper indeed, cheaper indeed

and no, i couldnt care less about any of these games...

Exclusives

Gears of War 2 - meh
Fable 2 - meh meh and meh
Banjo Kazooie 3 - meh again
Halo Wars - meh
Ninja Gaiden 2 - meh meh
Too Human - whats this? meh
Tales of Vesperia - never heard of this so meh
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes 1 & 2 - so what?
Infinite Undiscovery - neve heard so again meh
Cry On - again, whats this?
Dead or Alive 5 - hahahaha!!!
Halo: Chronicles - meh
(and more...)

Then there are the console exclusives:

Alan Wake -
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
APB
Huxley
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Sabotage
Dead Island
Supreme Commander
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Totems
(and more...)

the games i'm looking forward to are
ff13
gt5
tekken6

which are all ps3 exclusives, hence my decission to go for a ps3 (hopefully b4 xmas this year)

zackblue said:
starcraft said:

MGS has a history of higher scores(I compare metal gear since its 3rd person vs 3rd person), as well as higher sales(thats if you compare the entire franchise).

Banjo kazooie 3 will no longer be developed by the same developers that made the game what it was on the nintendo 64, with amazing gameplay, and breath taking graphics, the game is somewhat of a question if it will be the game that once rivaled mario, or the game that would kill the franchise

Now,If we were to compare too AAA proven ip's PS3 should take it without hand, also please dont state as if the xbox 360 would have the COMPLETE game as in all the missions to pass the general story, while the ps3 version would only have half of the game. They will both game the complete game, though the 360 version would likely be the better version with *extra* content.

We have to be seious here, the ps3 lineup is clearly the best of this year compared to any other system out to date.

MGS has a history of higher sales on enormous userbases.  Gears garnered high sales on a small one.

Banjo Kazooie IS being produced by almost entirely the same groupd of developers. The main developers that left Rare were the Stamper Brothers, responsible for Goldeneye.

As for GTAIV, I didn't say the PS3 would have 'half the game,' but to use a Rockstar representative's words, to get the "complete GTAIV experience, you need to own an Xbox 360."

And I don't know where your getting this idea that Resistance is AAA.  The first game didn't garner AAA scores, it sold well primarily because of bundles and the fact it was the only decent PS3 launch game.  

The problem is you've been taken in by 18 months of fanboys saying "wait till 2008, it's the PS3's year."  But now that we are there, it's clear that in terms of game quality, quantity and sales, the PS3 is not going to get a free ride over the 360 (or the Wii for that matter) this year. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ils411 said:
ah yes, extra content for gtaiv...way to go microsoft for screwing 360 arcade owners...cheaper indeed, now those who wants the dc hafta go buy a hd for their arcade. yup, cheaper indeed, cheaper indeed

and no, i couldnt care less about any of these games...

Exclusives

Gears of War 2 - meh
Fable 2 - meh meh and meh
Banjo Kazooie 3 - meh again
Halo Wars - meh
Ninja Gaiden 2 - meh meh
Too Human - whats this? meh
Tales of Vesperia - never heard of this so meh
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes 1 & 2 - so what?
Infinite Undiscovery - neve heard so again meh
Cry On - again, whats this?
Dead or Alive 5 - hahahaha!!!
Halo: Chronicles - meh
(and more...)

Then there are the console exclusives:

Alan Wake -
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
APB
Huxley
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Sabotage
Dead Island
Supreme Commander
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Totems
(and more...)

the games i'm looking forward to are
ff13
gt5
tekken6

which are all ps3 exclusives, hence my decission to go for a ps3 (hopefully b4 xmas this year)

The thing is, the 'PC/360' games that aren't coming out on PS3 give the Xbox 360's lineup the edge over PS3 (not over PC, since PC has an even better lineup than the 360). Alan Wake, Splinter Cell and L4D will be games that could sell as big as many of the so called "killer aps" or whatever.

Legend11 said:
Final-Fan said:
Legend11 said:

LBP? Have you seen gameplay videos for it? It may look beautiful but they need to seriously work on the gameplay.

That's a joke right?
(A) In what ways do you think the gameplay is lacking?
(B) Most of the videos I've seen are either showing off basic stuff or of sample "user"-generated content.
(C) User-generated content is a big part of LBP, and "they" aren't going to be working on that.
Watch this video.. They can't even open the pinata (they give up and move on). Or jumping up on ledges which looks to be an exercise in frustration. Or moving behind objects and not being able to see what your character is doing. I'm not saying the game is going to be bad, just that it needs some work.
I've seen that video. It's obvious to me that the people playing are not used to timing their jumps as with those Mexican puppet things. My skills have probably atrophied but I guarantee you that at age 12 I would have had no trouble at all on that level. As for the pinata, again, lack of skill combined with the fact that they're showing off the game and anything that takes more than 10 seconds to do is taking too long. They almost had it. [edit:  Actually, upon reviewing the clip I would say that they are supposed to hit the red ball above the pig and that releases both halves and they swing completely apart.  They didn't even know how to solve the puzzle!]

As for moving behind objects and not seeing what you're doing ... I don't see any evidence that that will be a problem. In fact, I recall several games off the top of my head that use that as a game mechanic, having to navigate unseen mazes in order to reach extra (optional) goodies.

I'm not saying that the game won't have its problems, but I don't see evidence that the problems you name are at all serious.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

"the PS3 is not going to get a free ride over the 360 (or the Wii for that matter) this year."

And that´s the way it should be...the more good games,the better.

Multiconsole owners FTW,people.