By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

'We have the most anticipated games'.... Heh, says Microsoft.

Not saying that the games aren't great, but that's a pretty bold claim. They're just fluffing it up anyway so whatever.

Around the Network
Zim said:
Okay so Gametrailers just did a Top 10 anticipated games of 2008 so lets take a look. It would have been made before GoW2 was announced though so I think that would appear on the list otherwise.

10. Smash Bros
9. Ninja Gaiden 2 (oh hey look it is anticipated and only sony Fanboys don't think so)
8. Prototype
7.Gta 4
6. LBP
5. Starcraft 2
4. FF13 - I do have to call a wtf on this one. No way it is ever getting released in 2008. Most anticipated of 2009/2010 most definetly, of 2008? No it's just stupid putting it on the list.
3. Fallout 3
2. MGS 4
1. RE5

So one exclusive for wii, 2 for ps3 (sorry but FF13 simply isn't coming this year), 1 for 360 then the exclusive DLC for GTA4. So the original claim is just PR hype, but really it isn't that OTT. I think now GoW2 would probably fall in that list somewhere, really it should replace FF13 since that isn't coming out this year.

So yep it's hype but still no more than Nintendo or Sony do.
ok im confused..... soooooooooo what ur saying is that sony still has more unticipated games that the 360........ what r u trying to say?

DMeisterJ said:
@ Legend

LOL. How many of those will get pushed back into next year, and how many of the not pushed back ones will be on PC within six months of release (Hello mass Effect)...

MS has no basis of ever saying that. that's just too funny.

well atleast the xbox 360 has some games...

and doesn't your theory goes up for the ps3 as well?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Legend

LOL. How many of those will get pushed back into next year, and how many of the not pushed back ones will be on PC within six months of release (Hello mass Effect)...

MS has no basis of ever saying that. that's just too funny.

well atleast the xbox 360 has some games...

and doesn't your theory goes up for the ps3 as well?

they dont go to PC >_>

Wow Kirby.....the "PS3 has no games" argument. That was SO 2007. Gawd get with the times.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:
Is it just me or does Microsoft's line up look really weak? Besides Gears 2, those are all average at best. Haha. And Gears has to be better than Resistance 2 to even matter, which I really doubt.

But of course some people will believe them and say "WOW THATS AN AWESOME LINEUP!"

Who the hell buys a $200+ console for Fable or Banjo?

And we already saw how Too Human is fairing...Microsoft is knee high in crappy lineup right now.

How many games do you buy a year?  These are just some of the games coming out this year for the system and there are likely surprises at E3 (Rare, Lionhead, Mistwalker, Obsidian, Bioware, EA, and Bungie for example are all working on unannounced games for the 360).

Exclusives

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Halo Wars
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes 1 & 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Cry On
Dead or Alive 5
Halo: Chronicles
(and more...)

Then there are the console exclusives:

Alan Wake
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
APB
Huxley
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Sabotage
Dead Island
Supreme Commander
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Totems
(and more...)

And multiplatform games:

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Only HD version)
Brutal Legend
Army of Two
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield: Bad Company
Dark Sector
Condemned 2
Darksiders
Deus Ex 3
Fallout 3
Fracture
Ghostbusters
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Mafia 2
The Precursors
Prototype
Silent Hill 5
Soulcalibur 4
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiberium
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Rainbow 6: Vegas 2
To End All Wars
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Wet
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Saints Row 2
Bionic Commando
(and lots more...)

Plus a lot of interesting Xbox Live Arcade and Community games.

Like I said...is it me or does Xbox's lineup look really poor. Other than Gears, none can compete with GT5, RFOM2, MGS4, Tekken 6, LBP,and maybe Killzone.

Seriously, just because you hype the game doesn't mean its a masterpiece. We can all name all the games coming to the console, but hell none of them really matter. 

Just ask yourself this, of those games which EXCLUSIVES could possibly have a midnight release?

Gears

GTA(whoops sorry not an exclusive, but Xbox fans will claim it is because of Episodes arriving 4 months later that no one is going to care about.)

Fable 2(maybe)

On the PS3, GT5 will, MGS4 will, RFOM2 will, Killzone 2 MIGHT(depending on how it develops), and LBP will.

Seriously, even looking at this year and last year, exclusive titles were decent, nothing great. Bioshock(amazing fine you got me there), Halo 3(let down), Mass Effect(let down). Seriously, lol, someone is going to say something like "I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT OOOOOOMG!" But no one every gives a list, an example, ANYTHING when asked about what games they are talking about.

The 360 lineup is so blown out of proportion. The games that mattered last year, even in sales, were on both the PS3 and 360 except those three I listed. It's ridiculous.

LOL @ Lego BATMAN! Hahahahaha. Desperate times huh? Sorry bud, Ican play most of those games on my PS3, and like most titles this year it will run better on my PS3 too ;-D.

antfromtashkent said:
ok im confused..... soooooooooo what ur saying is that sony still has more unticipated games that the 360........ what r u trying to say?

Well if you actually read my posts instead of simply trying to be a jerk you wouldn't have to ask. What im saying is all the people claiming the 360 only has GoW2 and nothing else are plain wrong. 

And as I said before (It's a forum why do I have to repeat myself? read instead of trying to be a nuisance) yes it is hype on microsofts part but isn't ''ZOMG WHY ARE THEY LYING! END OF THE WORLD!'' hype. It is the same as the other companies. MS can say it and claim NG2 and GoW2 as the games, Sony can claim it with LBP and MGS4 as the games, and Nintendo can claim it with Smash bros and Mario kart as the games.

Oh MGS and MGS2 both went to PC by the way. In fact 2 also went to xbox. So it isn't impossible for 4 to do the same, especially with higher development costs.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Zim said:
antfromtashkent said:

Well if you actually read my posts instead of simply trying to be a jerk you wouldn't have to ask. What im saying is all the people claiming the 360 only has GoW2 and nothing else are plain wrong. 

And as I said before (It's a forum why do I have to repeat myself? read instead of trying to be a nuisance) yes it is hype on microsofts part but isn't ''ZOMG WHY ARE THEY LYING! END OF THE WORLD!'' hype. It is the same as the other companies. MS can say it and claim NG2 and GoW2 as the games, Sony can claim it with LBP and MGS4 as the games, and Nintendo can claim it with Smash bros and Mario kart as the games.

Oh MGS and MGS2 both went to PC by the way. In fact 2 also went to xbox. So it isn't impossible for 4 to do the same, especially with higher development costs.

well the thread is called  "this years most anticipated titles r on the xbox right? u put up a count down right? MSG is no 2 most anticipated game.... i just trying to see what u were trying to say... i wasnt trying to be a jerk...

i still think the ps3's lineup edges it out but thats just me..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Legend11 said:
Lord N said:
Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:
Is it just me or does Microsoft's line up look really weak? Besides Gears 2, those are all average at best. Haha. And Gears has to be better than Resistance 2 to even matter, which I really doubt.

But of course some people will believe them and say "WOW THATS AN AWESOME LINEUP!"

Who the hell buys a $200+ console for Fable or Banjo?

And we already saw how Too Human is fairing...Microsoft is knee high in crappy lineup right now.

How many games do you buy a year? These are just some of the games coming out this year for the system and there are likely surprises at E3 (Rare, Lionhead, Mistwalker, Obsidian, Bioware, EA, and Bungie for example are all working on unannounced games for the 360).

Exclusives

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Halo Wars
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes 1 & 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Cry On
Dead or Alive 5
Halo: Chronicles
(and more...)

Then there are the console exclusives:

Alan Wake
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
APB
Huxley
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Sabotage
Dead Island
Supreme Commander
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Totems
(and more...)

And multiplatform games:

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Only HD version)
Brutal Legend
Army of Two
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield: Bad Company
Dark Sector
Condemned 2
Darksiders
Deus Ex 3
Fallout 3
Fracture
Ghostbusters
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Mafia 2
The Precursors
Prototype
Silent Hill 5
Soulcalibur 4
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiberium
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Rainbow 6: Vegas 2
To End All Wars
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Wet
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Saints Row 2
Bionic Commando
(and lots more...)

Plus a lot of interesting Xbox Live Arcade and Community games.

Those games are either unproven, multi-platform, on PC, or will end up selling to the existing userbase while no one else will take a second look at any of them.

Last year, when people were hyping up games like Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Lair, etc for the PS3, they caught all kinds of hell because they were unproven games, but now, the same people who were giving them that hell are doing the same things with games on the 360 that are no more proven than the ones on the PS3.

GoW2 and GTAIV are the only ones worth mentioning as "highly anticipated," and the latter is on the PS3 as well. The gaming public at large could not care less about the rest of those titles.

2007 is the last year that the 360 will have had any advantage as far as software is concerned.

You don't even know what other games Microsoft has that are unannounced. They already said they're saving some surprises for E3, TGS, and Leipzig. As for caring less about the other titles who knows what big hits might come out this year. Maybe there might be another Gears of War or Bioshock or Guitar Hero or whatever that takes the gaming World by storm and wasn't an eagerly awaited sequel. Look at Call of Duty 4, one of the best games of last year, it wasn't even announced until April 25th of last year and went on to be huge and it did sell systems (at least 2 of my friends bought systems after trying the game, I'm sure there were a lot more people who did as well).

The chances of any game announced at E3 or later making it out by the end of year are slim to none.

As for your list, Cry On is a 2009 title, is it not?  And Supreme Commander will be butchered on the 360 because of ram limitations (not that RTS isn't usually butchered on consoles for other reasons).  The entire premice of SupCom revoloves around multiple 500+ unit forces duking it out on battlefields tens of kilometers wide.