By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

I'm kinda getting tired of the "It'll be out in 6 months on PC" or "It'll also be on PS3" crowds. The Xbox 360 gets console games that the PC doesn't and it gets PC games that the other consoles don't. It gets a good mix of games along with it's exclusives for people who just might not want to spend the money on both a gaming PC and a PS3 and still not get some of the games that're on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Lord N said:
Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:
Is it just me or does Microsoft's line up look really weak? Besides Gears 2, those are all average at best. Haha. And Gears has to be better than Resistance 2 to even matter, which I really doubt.

But of course some people will believe them and say "WOW THATS AN AWESOME LINEUP!"

Who the hell buys a $200+ console for Fable or Banjo?

And we already saw how Too Human is fairing...Microsoft is knee high in crappy lineup right now.

How many games do you buy a year? These are just some of the games coming out this year for the system and there are likely surprises at E3 (Rare, Lionhead, Mistwalker, Obsidian, Bioware, EA, and Bungie for example are all working on unannounced games for the 360).

Exclusives

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Halo Wars
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes 1 & 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Cry On
Dead or Alive 5
Halo: Chronicles
(and more...)

Then there are the console exclusives:

Alan Wake
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
APB
Huxley
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Sabotage
Dead Island
Supreme Commander
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Totems
(and more...)

And multiplatform games:

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Only HD version)
Brutal Legend
Army of Two
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield: Bad Company
Dark Sector
Condemned 2
Darksiders
Deus Ex 3
Fallout 3
Fracture
Ghostbusters
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Mafia 2
The Precursors
Prototype
Silent Hill 5
Soulcalibur 4
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiberium
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Rainbow 6: Vegas 2
To End All Wars
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Wet
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Saints Row 2
Bionic Commando
(and lots more...)

Plus a lot of interesting Xbox Live Arcade and Community games.

Those games are either unproven, multi-platform, on PC, or will end up selling to the existing userbase while no one else will take a second look at any of them.

Last year, when people were hyping up games like Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Lair, etc for the PS3, they caught all kinds of hell because they were unproven games, but now, the same people who were giving them that hell are doing the same things with games on the 360 that are no more proven than the ones on the PS3.

GoW2 and GTAIV are the only ones worth mentioning as "highly anticipated," and the latter is on the PS3 as well. The gaming public at large could not care less about the rest of those titles.

2007 is the last year that the 360 will have had any advantage as far as software is concerned. 

You don't even know what other games Microsoft has that are unannounced.  They already said they're saving some surprises for E3, TGS, and Leipzig.  As for caring less about the other titles who knows what big hits might come out this year.  Maybe there might be another Gears of War or Bioshock or Guitar Hero or whatever that takes the gaming World by storm and wasn't an eagerly awaited sequel.  Look at Call of Duty 4, one of the best games of last year, it wasn't even announced until April 25th of last year and went on to be huge and it did sell systems (at least 2 of my friends bought systems after trying the game, I'm sure there were a lot more people who did as well).

Jandre002 said:
Is it just me or does Microsoft's line up look really weak? Besides Gears 2, those are all average at best. Haha. And Gears has to be better than Resistance 2 to even matter, which I really doubt.

But of course some people will believe them and say "WOW THATS AN AWESOME LINEUP!"

Who the hell buys a $200+ console for Fable or Banjo?

And we already saw how Too Human is fairing...Microsoft is knee high in crappy lineup right now.

Because surely no one buys a $500 console for Ratchet, right? And have you ever even played Fable? The way you worded that makes it seem like you have no idea how big of a game it was.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Hey all,

I dont necessasry agree with MS's statement but I do feel they have the best lineup of games, at least for my liking. I have both a PS3 and 360 and as far as I am concerned, the 360 has the best lineup.

Gears of War 2 > Metal Gear Solid 4 (My opinion, I was obessed with GOW online)

Ninja Gaiden 1 was by far the best action game I have ever played. NGII looks insane and is easily the best action game to be released this year.

Fable II will be innovative based on what I have seen and looks like nothing I have seen before. I mean you can play arcade games and the gold you collect can be used in Fable II, that is something that I have never seen before.

Too Human is my most anticipated game of 2008. This game to me looks like next gen Diablo and again presents innovation that has never been seen.

GTA4 - Content is exclusive to the 360. There is no way I am buying the PS3 version. GTA4 will probably be game of the year based on what I have seen and the success of both GTA3 and Vice City.

Couple all of this with games like Banjo, Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Oddessy, Postal etc etc and I think the 360 far outshines the PS3 lineup.

I remeber PSfanboys last yeasr claimed that MS didnt have a good foundation of IP's and now they claim that they have no new ones? 2007 we saw BioShock, Crackdown, Shadow Run, and Mass Effect and this year were seeing NGII, GOWII, Fable II, I dont see any logic in that statement.

I am not a fanboy but based on my opinion the 360 has the best lineup this year.

Fanatical111 said:
Hey all,

I dont necessasry agree with MS's statement but I do feel they have the best lineup of games, at least for my liking. I have both a PS3 and 360 and as far as I am concerned, the 360 has the best lineup.

Gears of War 2 > Metal Gear Solid 4 (My opinion, I was obessed with GOW online)

Ninja Gaiden 1 was by far the best action game I have ever played. NGII looks insane and is easily the best action game to be released this year.

Fable II will be innovative based on what I have seen and looks like nothing I have seen before. I mean you can play arcade games and the gold you collect can be used in Fable II, that is something that I have never seen before.

Too Human is my most anticipated game of 2008. This game to me looks like next gen Diablo and again presents innovation that has never been seen.

GTA4 - Content is exclusive to the 360. There is no way I am buying the PS3 version. GTA4 will probably be game of the year based on what I have seen and the success of both GTA3 and Vice City.

Couple all of this with games like Banjo, Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Oddessy, Postal etc etc and I think the 360 far outshines the PS3 lineup.

I remeber PSfanboys last yeasr claimed that MS didnt have a good foundation of IP's and now they claim that they have no new ones? 2007 we saw BioShock, Crackdown, Shadow Run, and Mass Effect and this year were seeing NGII, GOWII, Fable II, I dont see any logic in that statement.

I am not a fanboy but based on my opinion the 360 has the best lineup this year.

Hey I hope you don't mind if I add you as a friend, I can already tell we're going to get along really well.

Around the Network

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Hell yeah! As for the rest meh.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Legend11 said:
I'm kinda getting tired of the "It'll be out in 6 months on PC" or "It'll also be on PS3" crowds. The Xbox 360 gets console games that the PC doesn't and it gets PC games that the other consoles don't. It gets a good mix of games along with it's exclusives for people who just might not want to spend the money on both a gaming PC and a PS3 and still not get some of the games that're on Xbox 360.

LOL.  How false.

I'd love to see what the LTD sales comparisons of all these must-have PS3 games will be in 08, compared to X360.

Personally? I think the 08 lineup, in sales, vastly favors the X360.

I also see the same excuses that the anti-Halo3 crowd had of "no one outside the X360 userbase is hyped" - many here thought when H3 launched, it wasn't going to move any consoles.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
I'd love to see what the LTD sales comparisons of all these must-have PS3 games will be in 08, compared to X360.

Personally? I think the 08 lineup, in sales, vastly favors the X360.

I also see the same excuses that the anti-Halo3 crowd had of "no one outside the X360 userbase is hyped" - many here thought when H3 launched, it wasn't going to move any consoles.

In sales they do.  I work for EA and the 360 has brought in substancially more money then the PS3 has to us.  I cant speak for other big developers but MS grants us a large portion of our yearly revenue.

Okay so Gametrailers just did a Top 10 anticipated games of 2008 so lets take a look. It would have been made before GoW2 was announced though so I think that would appear on the list otherwise.

10. Smash Bros
9. Ninja Gaiden 2 (oh hey look it is anticipated and only sony Fanboys don't think so)
8. Prototype
7.Gta 4
6. LBP
5. Starcraft 2
4. FF13 - I do have to call a wtf on this one. No way it is ever getting released in 2008. Most anticipated of 2009/2010 most definetly, of 2008? No it's just stupid putting it on the list.
3. Fallout 3
2. MGS 4
1. RE5

So one exclusive for wii, 2 for ps3 (sorry but FF13 simply isn't coming this year), 1 for 360 then the exclusive DLC for GTA4. So the original claim is just PR hype, but really it isn't that OTT. I think now GoW2 would probably fall in that list somewhere, really it should replace FF13 since that isn't coming out this year.

So yep it's hype but still no more than Nintendo or Sony do.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.