By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

Jandre002 said:
Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:
Is it just me or does Microsoft's line up look really weak? Besides Gears 2, those are all average at best. Haha. And Gears has to be better than Resistance 2 to even matter, which I really doubt.

But of course some people will believe them and say "WOW THATS AN AWESOME LINEUP!"

Who the hell buys a $200+ console for Fable or Banjo?

And we already saw how Too Human is fairing...Microsoft is knee high in crappy lineup right now.

How many games do you buy a year?  These are just some of the games coming out this year for the system and there are likely surprises at E3 (Rare, Lionhead, Mistwalker, Obsidian, Bioware, EA, and Bungie for example are all working on unannounced games for the 360).

Exclusives

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Halo Wars
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes 1 & 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Cry On
Dead or Alive 5
Halo: Chronicles
(and more...)

Then there are the console exclusives:

Alan Wake
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead
APB
Huxley
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Sabotage
Dead Island
Supreme Commander
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Totems
(and more...)

And multiplatform games:

Bully: Scholarship Edition (Only HD version)
Brutal Legend
Army of Two
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield: Bad Company
Dark Sector
Condemned 2
Darksiders
Deus Ex 3
Fallout 3
Fracture
Ghostbusters
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Mafia 2
The Precursors
Prototype
Silent Hill 5
Soulcalibur 4
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiberium
Tom Clancy's Endwar
Rainbow 6: Vegas 2
To End All Wars
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Wet
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Saints Row 2
Bionic Commando
(and lots more...)

Plus a lot of interesting Xbox Live Arcade and Community games.

Like I said...is it me or does Xbox's lineup look really poor. Other than Gears, none can compete with GT5, RFOM2, MGS4, Tekken 6, LBP,and maybe Killzone.

Seriously, just because you hype the game doesn't mean its a masterpiece. We can all name all the games coming to the console, but hell none of them really matter. 

Just ask yourself this, of those games which EXCLUSIVES could possibly have a midnight release?

Gears

GTA(whoops sorry not an exclusive, but Xbox fans will claim it is because of Episodes arriving 4 months later that no one is going to care about.)

Fable 2(maybe)

On the PS3, GT5 will, MGS4 will, RFOM2 will, Killzone 2 MIGHT(depending on how it develops), and LBP will.

Well a lot of people are getting tired of shooters so tell me again why people should get excited for Killzone 2, a sequel to a game that got 74.3% on Gamerankings?  Resistance 2 looks good but there seems to be a lot of FPSs coming out this year so it's hard to get excited for it when it's one of many such games being released.

Tekken 6?  With Soulcalibur 4 and Street Fighter 4 coming out why should people get excited for yet another fighter?

LBP?  Have you seen gameplay videos for it?  It may look beautiful but they need to seriously work on the gameplay.

What is there in the PS3 lineup to compare with Fable 2?  What about action like Ninja Gaiden 2?  What action/rpg hybrid does the PS3 have coming out that compares to Too Human?  What strategy game is coming for PS3 that is built from the ground up like Halo Wars?

Around the Network

@OP: That is a very bold statement, and blatantly false imo.

Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:
Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:
Is it just me or does Microsoft's line up look really weak? Besides Gears 2, those are all average at best. Haha. And Gears has to be better than Resistance 2 to even matter, which I really doubt.

But of course some people will believe them and say "WOW THATS AN AWESOME LINEUP!"

And we already saw how Too Human is fairing...Microsoft is knee high in crappy lineup right now.

*snip*

Like I said...is it me or does Xbox's lineup look really poor. Other than Gears, none can compete with GT5, RFOM2, MGS4, Tekken 6, LBP,and maybe Killzone.

Seriously, just because you hype the game doesn't mean its a masterpiece. We can all name all the games coming to the console, but hell none of them really matter.

Just ask yourself this, of those games which EXCLUSIVES could possibly have a midnight release?

Gears

GTA(whoops sorry not an exclusive, but Xbox fans will claim it is because of Episodes arriving 4 months later that no one is going to care about.)

Fable 2(maybe)

On the PS3, GT5 will, MGS4 will, RFOM2 will, Killzone 2 MIGHT(depending on how it develops), and LBP will.

Well a lot of people are getting tired of shooters so tell me again why people should get excited for Killzone 2, a sequel to a game that got 74.3% on Gamerankings? Resistance 2 looks good but there seems to be a lot of FPSs coming out this year so it's hard to get excited for it when it's one of many such games being released.

Tekken 6? With Soulcalibur 4 and Street Fighter 4 coming out why should people get excited for yet another fighter?

LBP? Have you seen gameplay videos for it? It may look beautiful but they need to seriously work on the gameplay.

What is there in the PS3 lineup to compare with Fable 2? What about action like Ninja Gaiden 2? What action/rpg hybrid does the PS3 have coming out that compares to Too Human? What strategy game is coming for PS3 that is built from the ground up like Halo Wars?

The gameplay should only be a problem for those with little to no imagination...

Mummelmann said:
@OP: That is a very bold statement, and blatantly false imo.

thank you! thats all i was trying to say!

Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:
Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:

How many games do you buy a year?  These are just some of the games coming out this year for the system and there are likely surprises at E3 (Rare, Lionhead, Mistwalker, Obsidian, Bioware, EA, and Bungie for example are all working on unannounced games for the 360).

Exclusives

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Halo Wars
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Cry On
Dead or Alive 5
(and more...)

Alan Wake
Left 4 Dead
APB
Huxley
Sabotage
Dead Island
Supreme Commander
Totems
(and more...)

And multiplatform games:

Brutal Legend
Army of Two
Alone in the Dark
Dark Sector
Condemned 2
Darksiders
Deus Ex 3
Fallout 3
Fracture
Ghostbusters
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Mafia 2
The Precursors
Prototype
Silent Hill 5
Soulcalibur 4
Tiberium
Tom Clancy's Endwar
To End All Wars
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Wet
Saints Row 2
Bionic Commando
(and lots more...)

Gears

Fable 2(maybe)

Well a lot of people are getting tired of shooters so tell me again why people should get excited for Killzone 2, a sequel to a game that got 74.3% on Gamerankings?  Resistance 2 looks good but there seems to be a lot of FPSs coming out this year so it's hard to get excited for it when it's one of many such games being released.

Tekken 6?  With Soulcalibur 4 and Street Fighter 4 coming out why should people get excited for yet another fighter?

LBP?  Have you seen gameplay videos for it?  It may look beautiful but they need to seriously work on the gameplay.

What is there in the PS3 lineup to compare with Fable 2?  What about action like Ninja Gaiden 2?  What action/rpg hybrid does the PS3 have coming out that compares to Too Human?  What strategy game is coming for PS3 that is built from the ground up like Halo Wars?

i believe there is a term for that paraggraph.... hmm what is that again.....? ahh yes!

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

LBP? Have you seen gameplay videos for it? It may look beautiful but they need to seriously work on the gameplay.

That's a joke right?
(A) In what ways do you think the gameplay is lacking?
(B) Most of the videos I've seen are either showing off basic stuff or of sample "user"-generated content.
(C) User-generated content is a big part of LBP, and "they" aren't going to be working on that.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Jandre002 said:
Legend11 said:
Jandre002 said:

How many games do you buy a year? These are just some of the games coming out this year for the system and there are likely surprises at E3 (Rare, Lionhead, Mistwalker, Obsidian, Bioware, EA, and Bungie for example are all working on unannounced games for the 360).

Exclusives

Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooie 3
Halo Wars
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Cry On
Dead or Alive 5
(and more...)

Alan Wake
Left 4 Dead
APB
Huxley
Sabotage
Dead Island
Supreme Commander
Totems
(and more...)

And multiplatform games:

Brutal Legend
Army of Two
Alone in the Dark
Dark Sector
Condemned 2
Darksiders
Deus Ex 3
Fallout 3
Fracture
Ghostbusters
Grand Theft Auto 4
Just Cause 2
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Mafia 2
The Precursors
Prototype
Silent Hill 5
Soulcalibur 4
Tiberium
Tom Clancy's Endwar
To End All Wars
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Wet
Saints Row 2
Bionic Commando
(and lots more...)

Gears

Fable 2(maybe)

Seriously, even looking at this year and last year, exclusive titles were decent, nothing great. Bioshock(amazing fine you got me there), Halo 3(let down), Mass Effect(let down). Seriously, lol, someone is going to say something like "I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT OOOOOOMG!" But no one every gives a list, an example, ANYTHING when asked about what games they are talking about.

The 360 lineup is so blown out of proportion. The games that mattered last year, even in sales, were on both the PS3 and 360 except those three I listed. It's ridiculous.

LOL @ Lego BATMAN! Hahahahaha. Desperate times huh? Sorry bud, Ican play most of those games on my PS3, and like most titles this year it will run better on my PS3 too ;-D.

Jandre is fast turning into the most obsessive and unrelenting PS3 fanboy on these forums.  He's taken to that ridiculous OMG WAIT UNTIL MGS, GT AND KILLZONEZ crap that most of the PS3 fanboys here (even the young ones) have long grown out of.

All those titles you listed for the 360 lat year were AAA, 90+ games.  Halo3 scored immensely well, Mass Effect was 90+ and had a revlolutionary dialogue system, its easily the best WRPG this generation.

But here is where you get truly ridiculous, your 'midnight launches' spiel.  Killzone has a history of one home-console game which was TERRIBLE.  Furthermore, there are increasing amounts of rumours that the second installment is mediocre.  I mean seriously, you accuse of 360 fans being sucked in by hype and then go and talk about Killzone 2.  Resistance 1 was a decent, but by no means spectacular game.  IT was the best PS3 launch game, which isn't saying much.  It is unheard of outside of the PS3 fan base, unlike gears which was advertised like the second coming of Christ two years back, and will be again.

MGS4, like Tekken 6, are cultish hardcore games, which may well have midnight launches at some stores, but are both party to diminshing sales, even on VASTLY larger installed bases. 

But then you go and beat it all with the cherry on top that is the bolded part of your text.  Lets face it, this midnight launches crap was always just a metaphor for what you see as huge games.  What your looking at is simply a massively hyped hardcore game, that noone who doesn't trawl through forums has ever heard of.  Of all the ways that YOU could have bought into hype, you just found the zinger. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Bonafide732 said:
i still think the ps3's lineup edges it out but thats just me.

But don't you see Bonafide, that is the key.  Six months ago evey PS3 fanboy on the internet was saying 2008 is the year of the Sony PS3, the 360 will be left in the dust.

Now, though no PS3 fanboy will admit that the 360 line-up may actually end up being BETTER, all (with the exception of Jandre and Crazzyman (yes Jandre, your now lumped in with Crazzyman)) concede that the 360 has some very compelling titles.  Honestly, could you see yourself using words like "edges it out" on this issue six months back?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Final-Fan said:
Legend11 said:

That's a joke right?
(A) In what ways do you think the gameplay is lacking?
(B) Most of the videos I've seen are either showing off basic stuff or of sample "user"-generated content.
(C) User-generated content is a big part of LBP, and "they" aren't going to be working on that.

Watch this video.. They can't even open the pinata (they give up and move on).  Or jumping up on ledges which looks to be an exercise in frustration.  Or moving behind objects and not being able to see what your character is doing.  I'm not saying the game is going to be bad, just that it needs some work.

Well since this debate is highly subjective, i'll state my personal opinion.

*ahem*

PC has em both beat!

anywho, as of "right now" I'm more looking forward to certain PS3 games than 360 games.

Right now my top to get list is something like
1.MGSIV
2.LBP
3.ME2 (please EA...?Please? i'd love you forever and buy madden this year i promise!) Still i have a feeling since EA is turning it into a franchise its going Multiconsole (ME on DS baby!heh heh)
4. Fable2
5.Resistance 2
6. Age of Conan (on PC)
7. Saints Row 2
8. Prototype
9.SSBB
10. God of War Chains of Olympus.

So as you can see my personal top ten is a bit all over. Some 360, Some PS3, some PC, A wii title, and lots of multiplatforms.

So all systems will be getting a lot of love from me this year.

I would have Gears 2 up there, but i have a suspicion i should hold out for the PC version if history serves me correctly.