By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Be true to yourself... Name a popular game that you just don't like!

Slarvax said:

I swear, there are many games that don't deserve the praise they get! They were/are just a novelty, and there are way better games than it! And people love it, even if they know there's a better game than it... They're not true to themselves. But we, Vgcharterz, we  are equally dumb are different! We can name an overrated game and say "I hate it!" and the others will say "It's fine."

I hate Ocarina of Time...

A nice follow-up to this might be "unpopular games that you love."

Around the Network

Gears of War
Ocarina of Time
Skyrim
Borderlands
Donkey Kong Country

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I'm true to myself all the damn time. And I regularly name popular games/franchises that I simply am not a big fan of, never got into, or straight up dislike. For example:

Grand Theft Auto
Uncharted
God of War
Infamous
The Last of Us
Bioshock
Saint's Row
Gears of War
Resistance
Call of Duty
Halo
Far Cry
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil (everything from 4 onward)
The rebooted, so-called "Castlevania" games
Final Fantasy (everything from VII onward, with the exception of IX, which was decent)
Dead or Alive (I've always felt it was a poor man's Virtua Fighter)
the 3D Ninja Gaidens (Team Ninja in general kind of sucks at making things)
Oblivion (Skyrim, although the buggiest game I've ever played, was far better)
Battlefield
Dragon Age
Demon/Dark Souls
Killzone
Diablo
Starcraft
World of Warcraft (I liked WC 1-3, even though I didn't like the direction 3 was going in)
Assassin's Creed

And even when it comes to Nintendo published games, while I don't think I HATE any of them, there are series that I have just never gotten into, such as:

Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Professor Layton
Famicom/Advance Wars
1080 Snowboarding
Fire Emblem
Steel Diver
Mother/Earthbound
Custom Robo
Nintendogs, etc.

GTA Online. I like the single players, like IV's MP but V's sucksssssss.

Slarvax said:

I swear, there are many games that don't deserve the praise they get! They were/are just a novelty, and there are way better games than it! And people love it, even if they know there's a better game than it... They're not true to themselves. But we, Vgcharterz, we  are equally dumb are different! We can name an overrated game and say "I hate it!" and the others will say "It's fine."

I hate Ocarina of Time...

I didn't like the The Last of Us that much.

I haven't liked Mario Kart since the SNES.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
assassin's creed(franchise).

Agreed.

That's the game I hated the most completely. I hate the long tutorial, the graphics, the early twist, the story, the voice, the gameplay, the AI.

Dungeon crawler games like... uhm... ok ok Diablo!
Years ago I have watched my brother play Diablo 2 and it never seemed any interesting to me. Also tried out the third game myself and just don't like it.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I am late to the party but for me.... Halo, Mass Effect, Super Smash Bros, Gran Turismo, Fable and Asasians Creed

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

GTAV, it is the worst one in the franchise. I can't seem to like that game no matter how hard I try.

the most popular one I dont like has got to be skyrim.
Its a lot of copy+paste and the combat is poop.