Forums - Gaming Discussion - Be true to yourself... Name a popular game that you just don't like!

GTA 4 was fun for when it came out I think, but you play it today, and it's a bit disappointing. I mean Every GTA is really about just going around killing people trying to get your stars up, and eventually that does get a bit old. Hopefully GTA6 will some how change the way the formula works.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

Batman: Arkham City. It's not that it's bad, but it is so inferior to Arkham Asylum that it hurts me to even think about it.

Mass Effect
Metal Gear
Halo
Call of Duty
Battlefield
Need for Speed
Burnout
Assassin's Creed
Smash Bros.
Pikmin
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Final Fantasy (in fact, anything turn-based)
Hitman
Bioshock

Metroid

Prince of Persia

Theres a few that are generally very popular and I have tried and just not really liked them as much, though hate is a strong word...

GTA series, MGS series, BioShock series to name three

Games I hate...

Pikmin (had MK8 come out when this game did on the WiiU, I would probably still own a WiiU today)
Dead Space
Ass Creed

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

VGhippy said:
I'm going to be ripped apart for this, but Mario64.

I think it has its moments of genius, but I felt only about half of the main 15 or so levels were good; the rest were barren, the controls were a bit dodgy and the camera was poor. It was a good tech demo for games like Banjo Kazooie though.

I accept your view but Mario 64 to me was an utterly amazing game with fantastic gameplay, graphics and atmosphere. I truly adored it. A milestone in gaming. I've never actually come across anyone before who didn't like the game. Did you play it when it first came out?

For me major games that I never got on with are; Sonic the hedgehog series including most later sonic games. Not Sonic transformed or Sonic spinball though as I loved those.

Also dare I say the smash bros games. I totally hate them and get no pleasure from them at all despite liking many of the characters. I don't get the appeal at all.

Around the Network

I really hated Shenmue (I had a Dreamcast back in the days and really loved the machine, but for other games) I fond the story seems intrigiung, but the Quick Time Event driven game play just turned me off, 100%, and I never got the review scores it received... this is the time I started to pay less attention to review scores.

I hate all Final Fantasy games made after 7 (Well, I kind of liked 9)

I don't like Mario games (however I don't hate them, they just don't keep me very interested, I was more of a Sonic guy)

EDIT:

All UbiSoft games ever made, except Far Cry 3, they're all boring as hell

shikamaru317 said:
I wouldn't say hate, but I'm not particularly fond of Mario, never really understood the appeal, not back in the 90's when I chose the Genesis over the SNES, and not now.

This (although to be fair I've never been fond of any 2D platformer)

And even though I love God of War's gameplay and graphics, I totally hate Kratos. That ruined the games for me.

I was very depressed to find that I didn't like Mario 3D World much and I don't like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze like AT ALL. Which surprised and disappointed me.

Oblivion, god damn was that game trash.

Mario games also, though that's probably because I'm 24 and those games are aimed for the under 10 crowd.

The Elder Scrolls Series, everything from Naughty Dog and everything from Valve apart from Portal and TF2. I could probably think of more, but I'm too lazy right now.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!