By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Be true to yourself... Name a popular game that you just don't like!

greencactaur said:
NobleTeam360 said:
greencactaur said:
I'm not a fan of Uncharted. I recently played UNcharted 1 and was like "what... this game is terrible" and gave it a 4/10
I played Uncharted 2 soon after and gave it a 7/10 it was a massive improvement, but still nothing unique or revolutionary, and it might just be because it was great for when it was made :o.

I agree with you. 

Thanks it's nice to have people who agree with me since I have no friends. Anyways I loooved Jak and Daxter/Spyro/Crash so I was a bit upset at not liking Uncharted, but yeah.... I mean I felt it was walk a few steps, shoot people, Cutscene.

One thing to keep in mind though is that Uncharted was an inspiration for a lot of your standard 7th-gen  AAA- third person shooters that came afterwards, so I can see why it has this "been there done that" feel to it .

But it is a thourougly mediocre franchise, with the only redeeming quality beeing the sky high production values, with a single game worth playing (U 2 ) so I agree whole heartedly . And yes, Jak and Crash were and are better.

Everything imo of course.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Around the Network
orniletter said:
JEMC said:
orniletter said:

I would give the series a second chance. I was in a similar situation a few years ago.

They really need some time getting used to, but the stealth mechanics are really fun (especially everything from MGS 2 onwards).

The wacky story is a plus too.

The gameplay wasn't the problem, it's the constant interruptions to develop the story with cinematics that are the deal breaker for me.

MGS without the "movie" aspects would be a lot better franchise, imho.

Thats too bad. They are very rewarding to play imo...and the cutscenes are quite well done...

Again, yes, the cutscenes are well done, but there's a difference between playing a game for its story and playing a story dressed as a game.

To make it easier to get my problem, I'm perfectly fine with a GAME that uses cutscenes to explain its story as long as it is first and foremost a game and second a story teller. But I have a problem with "games" where the story comes first and the gameplay (even if it's good as with MGS) is just an "excuse" to tell us that story. Specially if the story is told us with long cutscenes.

And just to make it clear, I like games with a good plot and story (Alan Wake is one of my fav games), but the way that story is told is what makes or breaks a game for me.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Theres a few fr me but the one that comes quickest to mind for me is Assassins Creed always felt they were way to slow in the beginning and the story never seemed that great. I only played the first one and tried coming back into the series for Assassins creed 3 that was a big mistake took it back a week later.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Assassin's creed.(Didn't try 4 yet tough)
TES 4 and 5
South Park : The Stick of truth

A lot of Nintendo exclusives(Mario, Zelda, DK) except the Fire emblem series.

Around the Network

Uncharted series
Last of us
Assassins Creed Series
Metal Gear Series
Sonic Series
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
Battlefield Series
Killzone Series

Borderlands 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Fire Emblem Series, Pokemon Black and White 1-2, Titanfall, 

Anything made by the unholy master of shit games EA.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Gran Turismo, Forza, Need for Speed, Killer Instinct, Street Fighter, Fifa, NBA etc... Essentially any sports, racing or fighting game :P

For genre that i actually like though, Halo 4. I loved the first three, and while the 4th wasn't at all bad it was a colossal waist of potential. Took me 2 weeks to get through the story because i kept putting it down out of irritation of that missed potential :/

Also probably the SOCOM series. Have never understood the appeal at all.

The Borderlands series is terrible. Also the Assassins creed series.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

Every Mario Kart............

Final Fantasy recently makes me ill thinking how far they've (S-E) fallen.Ever Everything past X is complete shite.