By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anyone here buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

Is anyone here buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

I own a Wii U - I am buying for sure 230 60.53%

I own a Wii U - I might buy it 15 3.95%

I own a Wii U - I will NOT buy this game 3 0.79%

I don't own a Wii U - I ... 31 8.16%

I don't own a Wii U - I... 15 3.95%

I don't own a Wii U - No... 48 12.63%

I don't own a Wii U - I ... 6 1.58%

I don't own a Wii U - so... 30 7.89%

Total:378

Believe it or not but some people aren't interested in Mario at all.

I bought the GameCube for resident evil; tried Mario Sunshine and it was a bad experience.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:

I've said it before, but it bares repeating once more: I am happy with Wii U because:

1. I get great first party content like MK8. Games you can't get anywhere else.

2. This gen specifically, Wii U's eShop is gradually shaping up to be one hell of a service. There were comments/rumblings from indie devs early on that "eShop is the best thing this side of Steam", and that sentiment seems to be holding true/growing, because week after week, it seems some new indie title is being announced for Wii U eShop. Many of which are only coming out for PC and Wii U, and a few of which are even Wii U only. I also happen to like a lot of indie games more-so than most "AAA" third party titles these days, as a lot of indie games just appeal more to my "old school" gaming tastes. And the list of indie digital titles coming to eShop that I actually want, or at least have some interest in, only continues to grow.

3. So between Nintendo published retail games, and indie digital titles, I'm already pretty much set. So ANY good third party retail games that do come out, are just icing on the cake.

@roman838892

Yeah dude, most people who have been holding off on getting a Wii U, but will be getting one once Mario Kart or Smash Bros. release, it's not that they're ONLY getting Wii U for that game(s). They're getting it because that game was the one they're waiting for, but many of those same people are also very much interested in other titles like Pikmin 3, SM3DW, NSMBU, Zombi U, The Wonderful 101, DKCR2, Lego City, MH3 Ultimate, etc.

Seems like you are trying to convince yourself here that you are happy rather than convince me that the WiiU is worth it.

1. So great that few gamers care for it. Most of the 1st party content is yet again, the same IPs, the same gameplay with minor tweaks, and last gen graphics. The preodrer chart for MK8 says it all.

2.So it is only catching up to the other 2 consoles from last gen? Remeber Braid and Journey.....If you honestly wanted Inide games, you would have bought a PS4.

3. Erm, no. You are in denial about the other 2 consoles. The PS4 has a large Indie library and the xbone and ps4 have more popular and new IPs.

I already have a Wii U, and probably will get MK8.

My 8th gen collection

I bought my Wii U in December 2013. I originally planned to get the Xbox One first but when I realized that both Mario Kart and Smash Bros would be out on Wii U in 2014, and I most likely won't be able to afford buying a new console two years in a row, it was an easy decision.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

reggin_bolas said:
Believe it or not but some people aren't interested in Mario at all.

I bought the GameCube for resident evil; tried Mario Sunshine and it was a bad experience.

Sunshine was a hit or miss game. You either loved it or hated it. 

Around the Network

Hard to read some of the poll results, but I gather this is saying the majority of people who will buy MK8 already have a Wii U.

My 8th gen collection

first day, and I thought it was a nice touch to add red to the box.

I already made the mistake of owning a Wii U

I am actually happy with my decision in that I got to play a few stellar games like Nintendo Land and Super Mario 3D World, but at the same time I can't help but think maybe I shouldn't have supported Wii U at all so that Nintendo can get off this retarded streak they are on making crap hardare and OS on which they put their games instead of putting their games on better hardware being provided by their competitors.

The Wii U OS, the fact it lacks party chat, how slow and unstable it launched, how slow it still is. The fact that they force use of Gamepad in games that would play better without (Pikmin 3). Basically I can't help but hate the actuall Wii U hardare/gamepad/OS, while I still really enjoy the Nintendo games that aren't screwed up because of Wii U.