By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anyone here buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

Is anyone here buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

I own a Wii U - I am buying for sure 230 60.53%

I own a Wii U - I might buy it 15 3.95%

I own a Wii U - I will NOT buy this game 3 0.79%

I don't own a Wii U - I ... 31 8.16%

I don't own a Wii U - I... 15 3.95%

I don't own a Wii U - No... 48 12.63%

I don't own a Wii U - I ... 6 1.58%

I don't own a Wii U - so... 30 7.89%

Total:378
Rainbow Yoshi said:
It's tempting me towards the console, yes. I don't want to miss out.

So you'll get a Wii U then!? :D

Around the Network

I strongly suspect that they're going to cut the price another $50 when they launch MK8. I kinda think it's Nintendo's only move at this point, and I'd certainly be tempted to join the Wii U family at $250...

Bah!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
It's tempting me towards the console, yes. I don't want to miss out.

So you'll get a Wii U then!? :D

It's not for definite but I might, I still need to a get a PS4 though! 

and all this time I thought "MK8" was "Mortal Kombat 8"

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Nope, buying a system for one game makes no sense to me. To each his/her own though

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
and all this time I thought "MK8" was "Mortal Kombat 8"

Mario Kart came first! :P

For future reference, "AC 5" will refer to the next installment in the Animal Crossing series.

I own the best system on the market that caters to my tastes.

Already have a Wii U and I'm getting it for my girls, probably wouldn't get it otherwise.

roman838892 said:
Nope, buying a system for one game makes no sense to me. To each his/her own though

Of course we're going to get other games aswell, atleast I am! It's just the main reason I'm gonna be getting the system now rather than later.

I've said it before, but it bares repeating once more: I am happy with Wii U because:

1. I get great first party content like MK8. Games you can't get anywhere else.

2. This gen specifically, Wii U's eShop is gradually shaping up to be one hell of a service. There were comments/rumblings from indie devs early on that "eShop is the best thing this side of Steam", and that sentiment seems to be holding true/growing, because week after week, it seems some new indie title is being announced for Wii U eShop. Many of which are only coming out for PC and Wii U, and a few of which are even Wii U only. I also happen to like a lot of indie games more-so than most "AAA" third party titles these days, as a lot of indie games just appeal more to my "old school" gaming tastes. And the list of indie digital titles coming to eShop that I actually want, or at least have some interest in, only continues to grow.

3. So between Nintendo published retail games, and indie digital titles, I'm already pretty much set. So ANY good third party retail games that do come out, are just icing on the cake.

@roman838892

Yeah dude, most people who have been holding off on getting a Wii U, but will be getting one once Mario Kart or Smash Bros. release, it's not that they're ONLY getting Wii U for that game(s). They're getting it because that game was the one they're waiting for, but many of those same people are also very much interested in other titles like Pikmin 3, SM3DW, NSMBU, Zombi U, The Wonderful 101, DKCR2, Lego City, MH3 Ultimate, etc.