By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: Watch_Dogs effects video PS4 footage. Graphics are awesome

trixiemafia86 said:
BenVTrigger said:

I disagree the game clearly look better here than some of the other recent trailers. Im not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

I think the main reason thougj was due to not everything being quick cuts of action but actually focusing on showing the world off. For an open world title Id say it looks pretty damn impressive 

you are missing the point here. the claim was "MUCH BETTER" and its not "much" better. I'd have been disappointed if this was all the PC could do after the E3 2012 reveal ran on PC remember. Now THAT looked "Much better".

Visuals are subjective many tines and I stand by what I said. I think this footage looks MUUUUUUCH betrer than the recent footage. Theres a part in one of the trailers where the npcs and cars look no joke like ps2 models.

Again this is all good news for PS4 owners. Theres no bad news here for anyone. And I think Im well aware of just how good PC can look and again I never claimed this game had the best graphics ever. Hell Far Cry 3 maxed at 4k with 8x MSAA utterly destroys this.

Around the Network

crissindahouse said:

Well to be fair, it seems as if the material in that video looks better as the previous shown PS4 material (but I can't see the video) so that it isn't really wrong to say that PC looks better as PS4 even if it is the PS4 version since the person is only really judging the quality seen in the new video.

Sure, it is PS4 but if it really looks better as before and as long as you think it is PC you obviously say PC looks better...not really surprsing, is it?

It would be only a joke if someone would say that it looks better as previous PS4 videos even if it doesn't just because he believes it is PC and not PS4. Or if someone would now start to claim that it doesn't look as good after a second look^^

I watched it and it was exactly what was showed on PS4... maybe some enhencments but it is hard to tell because they focused the camera on the tech effects instead to make a free run/gameplay like the PS4 video.

So anybody that said it was better than PS4 video was saying just to troll the console because it was the same quality... that was my confusion before knows it was the PS4 version.

This video had PS4 quality like the E3 2013 video and all others videos shared for now.

No PS4 video was close to the E3 2012 video... this one was running in high-end PCs but I'm not sure if the final game even on PC will reach that graphical quality.

BenVTrigger said:
So I wake up and see this is from the PS4 version? If so that brilliant news. It looks MUCH better here than in many of the other trailers.

So good news then for PS4 users, not sure why they released some of the crappier trailers earlier. Hopefully this puts to rest the people saying the cobsole version looks barely better than GTA5 as it looks significantly better

Loook exactly the same than the previous trailers.

What you look to be "better effects" was that they focused in show the effects while in the others trailers the effects was less noticiable because they are in background and not focused but if you start to focus only the effect you will see all the previous traillers had the same effects than this one.

ethomaz said:
BenVTrigger said:
So I wake up and see this is from the PS4 version? If so that brilliant news. It looks MUCH better here than in many of the other trailers.

So good news then for PS4 users, not sure why they released some of the crappier trailers earlier. Hopefully this puts to rest the people saying the cobsole version looks barely better than GTA5 as it looks significantly better

Loook exactly the same than the previous trailers.

My thoughts.

ethomaz said:

crissindahouse said:

Well to be fair, it seems as if the material in that video looks better as the previous shown PS4 material (but I can't see the video) so that it isn't really wrong to say that PC looks better as PS4 even if it is the PS4 version since the person is only really judging the quality seen in the new video.

Sure, it is PS4 but if it really looks better as before and as long as you think it is PC you obviously say PC looks better...not really surprsing, is it?

It would be only a joke if someone would say that it looks better as previous PS4 videos even if it doesn't just because he believes it is PC and not PS4. Or if someone would now start to claim that it doesn't look as good after a second look^^

I watched it and it was exactly what was showed on PS4... maybe some enhencments but it is hard to tell because they focused the camera on the tech effects instead to make a free run/gameplay like the PS4 video.

So anybody that said it was better than PS4 video was saying just to troll the console because it was the same quality... that was my confusion before knows it was the PS4 version.

This video had PS4 quality like the E3 2013 video and all others videos shared for now.

No PS4 video was close to the E3 2012 video... this one was running in high-end PCs but I'm not sure if the final game even on PC will reach that graphical quality.

Except for the fact that E3 2013 Watch Dogs trailers look SIGNIFICANTLY better than the last 2 trailers they put out... 

Fuck this im out. This fucking forum is just a god damn never ending console war. Insread of being like well damn this looks great for an open world title and much better than last gen instead we get OMG TEH PC FANBOIZ R TEH WRONG! SONYZ IS SOOO AWESONE AND XBOX FANBOIS ARE PATHETIC

It destroys any and all discussion. Its one thing to call out people who said PS4 would melt doing this or that PS4 sucks compared to PC but your not trying to do that.

Either way fuck it. Im over this non stop comparing and fighting over everything. Theres so little mature gaming discussion on this forum its rediculous.

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
someone here claimed it looked much better. and even b4 the info came in, i said it didn't look much better. now it turns out, glasses were on. I just hope the ps4 version matches the e3 2013 "ps4" gameplay. Else, my PC is ready :D

But if someone who is an Xbox One fan says that the video looks much better as PS4 he also says that it looks much better as on Xbox One. Not sure which tactic that is  to downplay your own console just to downplay the other console.

That it is PS4 and not PC material is good for fans of Xbox One and also Wii U because the gap between the consoles is the same as before so that an in their opinion better looking PS4 game as expected will probably mean the same for the Xbox One version.

ethomaz said:

crissindahouse said:

Like I said in my last post, if you think it was to downplay the PS4 version this person also downplayed the Xbox One version he expected to get (if he thinks it looks much better as PS4 he thinks the same about Xbox One) which means he didn't try to downplay the PS4 version and really thinks that the new video looks better (BenV thinks the same so that I assume that it really looks better) or he fooled himself and trolled his own console so that you don't have to defend the PS4 against  him.

And if he really thinks that this new material where he thought it would be PC material looks so much better now as the stuff from previous videos he can also expect to get a better Xbox One version as he probably expected so that there is no crow to eat for him, he should be happy about it.

game looks fun to play though. day one for me, if I'm free launch day.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

BenVTrigger said:

Except for the fact that E3 2013 Watch Dogs trailers look SIGNIFICANTLY better than the last 2 trailers they put out...

Fuck this im out. This fucking forum is just a god damn never ending console war. Insread of being like well damn this looks great for an open world title and much better than last gen instead we get OMG TEH PC FANBOIZ R TEH WRONG! SONYZ IS SOOO AWESONE AND XBOX FANBOIS ARE PATHETIC

It destroys any and all discussion. Its one thing to call out people who said PS4 would melt doing this or that PS4 sucks compared to PC but your not trying to do that.

Either way fuck it. Im over this non stop comparing and fighting over everything. Theres so little mature gaming discussion on this forum its rediculous.

The E3 2013 video was a huge deception for me in graphic quality... the downgrade was so real and true that the game that looked amazing started to look well "normal"... I'm afraid for The Division too

I'm not making console war here... I'm saying and comparing only the PS4 version (there is no other version footage released yet) and I don't see difference from the crap E3 2013 videos to these crap new PS4 trailers.

Both looks similar with some downgrades (lighting for example) and enchecments (models and details)... overall looks the same and not impressive for now.

The E3 2012 video was really a new thing... so different from what we see today.

The iceberg of this thread is that the video was cleary equal to the previous trailers released about the PS4 version and people saying that it looked better.

If you have some free time watch the previous trailer and pause it to compare the similar scenes with this one that you posted... you will see all the effects and graphical quality is there and what you guess to look better is the fact the direction taken by the productor of the video focusing in show the effects that make them look better because you focus are them now.

I'm criticing you or anobody else... I'm just giving my opinion... even on GAF (before the turn around) some guys said these effects are exclusive to PC and I replied that all effect are in PS4 too with the same quality.

If you look my post history here about Watch_Dog you will see I'm one of the guys that disagree about the downgrade compared with the E3 2013 video and the lastest videos have similar quality to it but I pointed out the HUGE DOWNGRADE happened compared with the E3 2012 video.

crissindahouse said:
trixiemafia86 said:
someone here claimed it looked much better. and even b4 the info came in, i said it didn't look much better. now it turns out, glasses were on. I just hope the ps4 version matches the e3 2013 "ps4" gameplay. Else, my PC is ready :D

But if someone who is an Xbox One fan says that the video looks much better as PS4 he also says that it looks much better as on Xbox One. Not sure which tactic that is  to downplay your own console just to downplay the other console.

That it is PS4 and not PC material is good for fans of Xbox One and also Wii U because the gap between the consoles is the same as before so that an in their opinion better looking PS4 game as expected will probably mean the same for the Xbox One version.

I've got a PC more powerful that both consoles combined (in terms of TFlops). my only intention was pointing out that the footage did not look much better than previous videos. thats all.and it finally turned out to be ps4 footage. So its not PC footage.

For pc, i expect close to e3 2012 reveal graphics and not this. Im not interested in fighting, just pointing out what i noticed. he thought it was actually PC and claimed it looked much better. and to me, it didn't look much better.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]