By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Making KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD as exclusives makes no sense

Farsala said:
Wright said:
Farsala said:

I just would not say the sales are great, just ok. Persona 4 arena was released for 360 and only sold 21% of the PS3 version. I think similar numbers or worse would happen for persona 5 or simultaneous release of a tales game. The JRPG marketshare for PS3 is just to big. Especially now when the 360 is dieing in japan, I do not think persona 5 would do that well.

So I would say the sales are just ok, some profitable and some were risky.

Persona 4 Arena only sold 21% and 360 is still getting Persona 4 Arena Ultimax or whatever is called.

So numbers must be good, I think.

Good enough yes. I think you are missing my point though. The reason the 360 is not getting games like Persona 5, Tales, Atelier, and Disgaea is not because JRPGS sell great on the 360 :P.

Anyways enough derailing for me.

Then what's the point? The risk?

Around the Network
Wright said:
Farsala said:
Wright said:
Farsala said:

I just would not say the sales are great, just ok. Persona 4 arena was released for 360 and only sold 21% of the PS3 version. I think similar numbers or worse would happen for persona 5 or simultaneous release of a tales game. The JRPG marketshare for PS3 is just to big. Especially now when the 360 is dieing in japan, I do not think persona 5 would do that well.

So I would say the sales are just ok, some profitable and some were risky.

Persona 4 Arena only sold 21% and 360 is still getting Persona 4 Arena Ultimax or whatever is called.

So numbers must be good, I think.

Good enough yes. I think you are missing my point though. The reason the 360 is not getting games like Persona 5, Tales, Atelier, and Disgaea is not because JRPGS sell great on the 360 :P.

Anyways enough derailing for me.

Wat? I think its a game by game case of course. I am sure there will be more risk taking with some Xone JRPGS. Persona 5 might be a much bigger budget then Persona arena. (But who knows?)

Farsala said:
Wright said:

Wat? I think its a game by game case of course. I am sure there will be more risk taking with some Xone JRPGS. Persona 5 might be a much bigger budget then Persona arena. (But who knows?)

Maybe you're right, but what's more risky financially? Puting Kingdom Hearts 3 on Xbox One, or puting Kingdom Hearts HD on 360? :P

SirGalahad said:
No. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were only on the PS2. So stop crying,

Surely you jest!

OT: Yeah, it makes total sense to at least bring out the HD collections for Xbox as well, considering that KH3 is supposed to be releasing on the XBO. Besides, It can't be that expensive. I'd bet under 0.5m sales would still net them a sizeable profit, and it would potentially increase interest in KH3 among Xbox owners, so that's a plus, too. Konami did basically just that with MGS HD collection, though I dunno why they didn't port 4 as well. Some binding exclusivity contract with Sony?

Wright said:
Farsala said:
Wright said:

Maybe you're right, but what's more risky financially? Puting Kingdom Hearts 3 on Xbox One, or puting Kingdom Hearts HD on 360? :P

I think KH HD on 360 is more risky, as a lot of sales can come from japan. While KH 3 will be on a fresh system in japan that will surely sell more then 250 a week. Also HD remakes barely get marketing so it has less exposure to letting people know its on more then one system. While KH3 will get marketed for both and more people will know they have a choice.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Farsala said:
Wright said:

The Latter. Also, how come Zero ask for the persona serires on the wii u? I'm mean 3DS already has SMT, Persona Q, EO...but they have p3, p4, and p5 as ps3 exclusives.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Wright said:
Farsala said:
Wright said:

Which is MS going to help with? KH3 is guaranteed to sell well, whereas the HD remaster is designed as a low budget cash-in for publishers. I also see it as Square wanting to keep the number of projects down to not allow themselves to be bogge down like they were last generation. So, they just focused on the platform that would bring in the most sales.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Alright, alright guys

outlawauron said:
Wright said:
Farsala said:
Wright said:

Which is MS going to help with? KH3 is guaranteed to sell well, whereas the HD remaster is designed as a low budget cash-in for publishers. I also see it as Square wanting to keep the number of projects down to not allow themselves to be bogge down like they were last generation. So, they just focused on the platform that would bring in the most sales.

Realistically, Neither.  HD Remaster was also requested because PS3 recivied no Kingdom Hearts games. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Kingdom hearts 1.5 Remix = 20 GB

Xbox 360 = 3 Disks