Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
sully1311 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
sully1311 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
Since when did the UK become such an important market? There aren't that many people here and sales aren't much to speak about anyway lol!

LOL, ~second biggest console market in the world, a lot of users on here are from the UK and sales generally correlate with the US. Stop being so closed minded thinking US is everything.

Think it was more to discredit Xbox success then say the US market means everything.

If the thread was talking about the US, he would have likely said the US pales in comparison to the rest of the world.

Not at all! It's just with all the UK related threads and news these days it made me think... I mean 19k sales for hardware on a brilliant week can't really be classed as 'globally significant' regardless of console!

I'm not a fanboy so keep your snide comments to yourself in future please ;)

Sorry for not being as big as the US. 

I'm from the UK... Not US...

So how can you say the UK is insignificant globally?

Like Dis: the UK is insignificant globally

So the games market in the UK didn't exist it wouldn't matter?

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
sully1311 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
sully1311 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
Since when did the UK become such an important market? There aren't that many people here and sales aren't much to speak about anyway lol!

LOL, ~second biggest console market in the world, a lot of users on here are from the UK and sales generally correlate with the US. Stop being so closed minded thinking US is everything.

Think it was more to discredit Xbox success then say the US market means everything.

If the thread was talking about the US, he would have likely said the US pales in comparison to the rest of the world.

Not at all! It's just with all the UK related threads and news these days it made me think... I mean 19k sales for hardware on a brilliant week can't really be classed as 'globally significant' regardless of console!

I'm not a fanboy so keep your snide comments to yourself in future please ;)

Sorry for not being as big as the US. 

I'm from the UK... Not US...

So how can you say the UK is insignificant globally?

Like Dis: the UK is insignificant globally

So the games market in the UK didn't exist it wouldn't matter?

That's not what you asked. You asked how some could say "The UK is insigicant globally?" and I showed you how. :|

Don't see how your reply is relevant tbh.

2/10

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

That's not what you asked. You asked how some could say "The UK is insigicant globally?" and I showed you how. :|

Don't see how your reply is relevant tbh.

2/10

You're a funny guy, I'll give you that. You know exactly what I meant, not the literal sense.

its hard to compete with a free game and MGS

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

They counted bundles, lmao....of course it's not fair. Infamous was not as heavily bundled, while every single Xbone sold had Titanfall for free (ironic that something given away for free counts as a sale, I know).

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
They counted bundles, lmao....of course it's not fair. Infamous was not as heavily bundled, while every single Xbone sold had Titanfall for free (ironic that something given away for free counts as a sale, I know).

Even without bundles it would be more than inFamous. Not 2:1 but still more. You're just looking for a way to discredit it's sales.

jlmurph2 said:
mutantclown said:

Even without bundles it would be more than inFamous. Not 2:1 but still more. You're just looking foUYr a way to discredit it's sales.

But if you were to add in digital sales...

I think a significant number of existing Xbox One users bought  TitanFall Digitally.  Some say 10% I think it's probably closer to 20%, but we don't have the numbers yet.  Even at 10% it would mean TitanFall sold a million opening week on the Xbox One.

Yes, I mean people that already have an Xbox One and are adding the game digitally, not part of the bundle.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

ethomaz said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

UK is today the second biggest videogame market in the world... for me it surpassed Japan years ago.

Wow, was just looking at number in Japan, last gen's world wide winner Wii sold half of what PS2 did, and the PS3 is another 12% or 2.86 million behind the Wii.  So Japan has bough less and less consoles.

Didn't you say Brazil was #4? Do you know where Mexico stats are?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
jlmurph2 said:
mutantclown said:

Even without bundles it would be more than inFamous. Not 2:1 but still more. You're just looking foUYr a way to discredit it's sales.

But if you were to add in digital sales...

I think a significant number of existing Xbox One users bought  TitanFall Digitally.  Some say 10% I think it's probably closer to 20%, but we don't have the numbers yet.  Even at 10% it would mean TitanFall sold a million opening week on the Xbox One.

Yes, I mean people that already have an Xbox One and are adding the game digitally, not part of the bundle.

Yeah I got it digitally too.

UK can't be the second biggest market in the world, because germany became the biggest market in europe lately. It's still behind the US, China and Japan so it's at spot #4. That means the UK can only be #5 at best.

http://www.newzoo.com/insights/europes-largest-games-market-germany-grows-5-3-7bn-2013/

http://www.playnation.de/spiele-news/games/deutschland-europas-groesster-markt-videospiele-id52573.html

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.