By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, Titanfall outsold InFamous 2:1 in UK

OdinHades said:

UK can't be the second biggest market in the world, because germany became the biggest market in europe lately. It's still behind the US, China and Japan so it's at spot #4. That means the UK can only be #5 at best.

http://www.newzoo.com/insights/europes-largest-games-market-germany-grows-5-3-7bn-2013/

http://www.playnation.de/spiele-news/games/deutschland-europas-groesster-markt-videospiele-id52573.html

You know its obvious that they're talking about the home console market, Germany is mostly PC

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
OdinHades said:

UK can't be the second biggest market in the world, because germany became the biggest market in europe lately. It's still behind the US, China and Japan so it's at spot #4. That means the UK can only be #5 at best.

http://www.newzoo.com/insights/europes-largest-games-market-germany-grows-5-3-7bn-2013/

http://www.playnation.de/spiele-news/games/deutschland-europas-groesster-markt-videospiele-id52573.html

You know its obvious that they're talking about the home console market

Well, I'm not so sure about that either. Any sources for that?

edit: Nevermind, found it myself. Yeah, in terms of home consoles, UK is selling quite a bit more. My bad, move along.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

mutantclown said:
They counted bundles, lmao....of course it's not fair. Infamous was not as heavily bundled, while every single Xbone sold had Titanfall for free (ironic that something given away for free counts as a sale, I know).

WTH?!

The article said that one out of four Xbox One users bought Titanfall. Do you think Xbox One sold 25% of its lifetime sales in one week?

If Titanfall only sold well because of the bundles and there were 130k Titanfalls sold, there would have been 130k Xbox Ones sold as well.
Truth is that "only" 19k Xbox Ones were sold that week in the UK. Even if ALL OF THOSE (which is not correct) were bundled with Titanfall only 14% of the Titanfall sales were because of the bundling. About 10% of the sales coming from bundles is an educated guess.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Good. Software should sell hardware.

Was to be expected.
Titanfall has way more hype, and the UK market loves FPS and Multiplayer games - of which Infamous is neither.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

Well, assuming the Titanfall numbers here are accurate, Infamous did pretty damn good too. Good for both games :D

DirtyP2002 said:
mutantclown said:
They counted bundles, lmao....of course it's not fair. Infamous was not as heavily bundled, while every single Xbone sold had Titanfall for free (ironic that something given away for free counts as a sale, I know).

WTH?!

The article said that one out of four Xbox One users bought Titanfall. Do you think Xbox One sold 25% of its lifetime sales in one week?

If Titanfall only sold well because of the bundles and there were 130k Titanfalls sold, there would have been 130k Xbox Ones sold as well.
Truth is that "only" 19k Xbox Ones were sold that week in the UK. Even if ALL OF THOSE (which is not correct) were bundled with Titanfall only 14% of the Titanfall sales were because of the bundling. About 10% of the sales coming from bundles is an educated guess.

I think everyone knew he was so wrong there really was no reason to respond.

Ssenkahdavic said:
Good. Software shouldn't be held back by hardware.

fixed.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Now people can finally stop pretending Infamous is some huge killer app after its 80 metacritic score and getting outsold 2:1 by a new IP despite being on the more popular console. Its a good game for the Sony diehards who liked the first 2 but its not gonna explode in popularity like people wanted it to.

TarHeeLsALLday said:
Now people can finally stop pretending XB1 is some huge killer console after its 3.7-4.7 mil sales and getting outsold 2:1 by ps4 despite coming with a sticker. Its a good console for the MS diehards who liked the first 2 but its not gonna explode in popularity like people wanted it to.

fixed

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank