By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, Titanfall outsold InFamous 2:1 in UK

TarHeeLsALLday said:
Now people can finally stop pretending Infamous is some huge killer app after its 80 metacritic score and getting outsold 2:1 by a new IP despite being on the more popular console. Its a good game for the Sony diehards who liked the first 2 but its not gonna explode in popularity like people wanted it to.

Outsold by a new IP...can we stop freaking acting as if Titanfall is just some random new IP? It was hyped to no end (way more than Infamous was even by PS fans) hailed as the saviour of fps (and, to use your metacritic point, still only got a 86 meta) and had a huge marketing push by MS.

So Infamous getting outsold 2:1 by it (in one market) in the first week does not mean this game is for "Sony diehards" only. Will it outsell Titanfall? Probably not. But will it outsell Infamous 1&2? You can bet your ass it will.

Around the Network

When XBox One drops to $399 in the fall, we will see a massive spike in sales. This coming Holiday season is going to be interesting for sure.

Titanfall has seemed to pulled some sales but I think they need a Single player Campaign period.

DerNebel said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:
Now people can finally stop pretending Infamous is some huge killer app after its 80 metacritic score and getting outsold 2:1 by a new IP despite being on the more popular console. Its a good game for the Sony diehards who liked the first 2 but its not gonna explode in popularity like people wanted it to.

Outsold by a new IP...can we stop freaking acting as if Titanfall is just some random new IP? It was hyped to no end (way more than Infamous was even by PS fans) hailed as the saviour of fps (and, to use your metacritic point, still only got a 86 meta) and had a huge marketing push by MS.

So Infamous getting outsold 2:1 by it (in one market) in the first week does not mean this game is for "Sony diehards" only. Will it outsell Titanfall? Probably not. But will it outsell Infamous 1&2? You can bet your ass it will.

I don't like to Bet my ass just for principle.. That's dangerous bet to take in any situation, unless you don't mind giving up the ass. Then it can be a different story enterally.

DJEVOLVE said:
When XBox One drops to $399 in the fall, we will see a massive spike in sales. This coming Holiday season is going to be interesting for sure.

Titanfall has seemed to pulled some sales but I think they need a Single player Campaign period.

Maybe, but if its not at the right time, I doubt it will be as assurred. Console sales tank in the summer. I don't care about how much they cut it. Summer is like the Antithesis of consoles.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Maybe, but if its not at the right time, I doubt it will be as assurred. Console sales tank in the summer. I don't care about how much they cut it. Summer is like the Antithesis of consoles.

I said in the fall homeslice.

Around the Network

y's it matter,,, I have both and they're both good games imo