By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wave Race, 1080 or Piltowings for Wii U.

which would you choose?

Wave race 63 56.76%

1080 26 23.42%

Pilotwings 21 18.92%

Total:110

So Nintendo announce that they are to make a brand new Wii U game using an underused franchise. They give you a choice of Wave Race, 1080 or Pilotwings, and ask the fans to vote which game they would like to be made.

Which gets your vote and why? which of the three games do you think is best suited to Wii U?

Around the Network

I would rather Nintendo did something else...I really don't care about any of those franchises. A 1080 before the Winter Olympics would've been cool but they missed that window...

None of them are really what Nintendo should make (I think)...

But Wave Race would be good if they got the water look nice. But then I've been playing a lot of Pilotwings Resort the last week (got it on 3DS launch but haven't found every secret yet), and that could be great with gamepad functions.

Yep.

I chose those three because most want, say Metroid, Star Fox or F Zero, but Nintendo always do the opposite and offer something completely different lol.

As you can see from my profile picture it would be a resounding Wave Race for me, i would prob pick that over F Zero tbh

Wave Race U!!!

Around the Network

I am not sure... Wave Race and 1080 would take advantage of the console power, but Pilotwings can use the GamePad very well. Maybe Pilotwings, but with a twist.

flagstaad said:
I am not sure... Wave Race and 1080 would take advantage of the console power, but Pilotwings can use the GamePad very well. Maybe Pilotwings, but with a twist.

Good point, which game would make the Wii U more appealing to neutrals. Wave Race or 1080, with stunning graphics showcasing the consoles power or Pilotwings with more simple graphics, but superior gameplay mechanics with great gamepad implementation. 

Difficult choice since I desire all three, but I'd be interested in Pilotwings if they were to make it an aerial racer ; making up for the absence of Diddy Kong Racing in a way. Although, combining all three into a multi-terrain racer would be even more appealing to me.

I would choose Wave Race without a second thought.
Never really played the other franchises, so i can`t say which one is the best. But i really want another Wave Race.

It could have beautiful sceneries (not just graphics) at 60fps and online multiplayer, which would allow for some good replayability!

In terms of the actual franchise, i think Pilotwings would probably be the one franchise that would really be special on Wii U, given the gamepad.

Definitely Waverace because even though I wasn't huge on Blue Storm, Waverace 64 was (for its time) better than all of the games in the Pilotwings/1080 franchises put together, IMO.