By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will SNES games ever come to the 3DS eShop?

Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
No. The super nes was ahead of its time. 3ds cant handle mode 7.

GBA says hi.

Oh wow..... I know I didn't put down that I was being sarcastic, but, I didn't think I would need to. You really thought I was serious?!......

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:

GBA says hi.

Oh wow..... I know I didn't put down that I was being sarcastic, but, I didn't think I would need to. You really thought I was serious?!......

I have a feeling this is sarcastic...

Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:

GBA says hi.

I have a feeling this is sarcastic.

Suke said:
shikamaru317 said:
I'd love to know why the DS main series Pokemon games aren't on the 3DS e-shop. It would be a simple matter considering the fact that cartridge based versions of the games are forwards compatible with the 3DS.

.....Why isn't DS games on the eShop?

The greatest mystery in the universe. 

PS2|Wii|DS lite|3DS XL|PSP|Android

Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:

GBA says hi.

The sarcasm wars have begun!

No, that post wasn't sarcastic.

Around the Network

My guess is no. Although the 3DS VC is pretty strong as is. It's great being able to play old GB and GBC games.

The real puzzler is the WiiU VC. It really should have launched with more titles. Earthbound was a huge step in the right direction but the games need to come with greater frequency, at least in North America. Japan is made in the shade when it comes to Virtual Console.

AstroGamer said:
To get them to run natively would be complex since as getting it to run across both cores would need to reprogram the game itself. The other option is emulating the SNES architecture which the 3DS CPU clock speed isn't fast enough to on a single core.
The reason GBA is on the 3DS is that there is DS hardware in it which contains GBA hardware. This means there are no 3DS functions working in this mode so no pedometer, streetpass, suspend, miiverse, etc. as well as virtual console features like save states. It also opens ways to piracy since it opens up hardware weaknesses. Using this is a poor option for virtual console

...R4i hackers got SNES games to run on the original DS for crying out loud!

AstroGamer said:
To get them to run natively would be complex since as getting it to run across both cores would need to reprogram the game itself. The other option is emulating the SNES architecture which the 3DS CPU clock speed isn't fast enough to on a single core.
The reason GBA is on the 3DS is that there is DS hardware in it which contains GBA hardware. This means there are no 3DS functions working in this mode so no pedometer, streetpass, suspend, miiverse, etc. as well as virtual console features like save states. It also opens ways to piracy since it opens up hardware weaknesses. Using this is a poor option for virtual console

or to be clearer of what this is....

Considering the 66/33mhz clock speeds of that original DS can tear through all but Super FX and Huge cart games like Super Street fighter 2 then to suggest that the 3ds couldn't software emulate a SNES is ludicrous.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

cheesecake said:
AstroGamer said:

...R4i hackers got SNES games to run on the original DS for crying out loud!

I probably should mention that it would a lot of work to do it on a single core. So it's basically the first option but a little different. If you were do it straight, you can't because the SNES architecture isn't in there. You have to dedicate a lot of time to create a good emulator for GBA, much more for an SNES one (since the carts of decent SNES themselves often had hardware in them like SuperFX chip). if one tried, you could get a PS1 to emulate the SNES.

In addition at this point in the 3DS life, I don't think Nintendo thinks it is exactly worth it to dedicate resources to a machine that is going to be completely outdated in a couple years just to introduce a couple SNES games to VC .

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:

GBA says hi.

The sarcasm wars have begun!

No, that post wasn't sarcastic.

In all seriousness, no sarcasm here........