Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will SNES games ever come to the 3DS eShop?

Nintendo can and should add more systems to the 3DS Virtual console like (Nintendo 64,DS,Game Boy Advance, Sega Mega Drive / Genesis,Sega Master System,Sega Game Gear,Neo Geo,Neo Geo Pocket Color and Virtual Console Arcade). We at least know it can play GBA and DS games due to the 3DS Ambassador Program and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin being made available in Japan as a downloadable Club Nintendo Platinum-level member’s gift.



Around the Network

The virtual console was a massive wasted opportunity for Nintendo. They're way too slow with the updates and so many great games are missing from the WiiU and 3DS. I'm amazed that Nintendo has yet to add GBA games do the 3DS. Seems like a no brainer.



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Nintendo has horrible support for VC. Its ashame bc there are some great old games out there.

All that money and no fucking clue on what to do right. That a management issue.



 

Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
No. The super nes was ahead of its time. 3ds cant handle mode 7.

GBA says hi.


Oh wow..... I know I didn't put down that I was being sarcastic, but, I didn't think I would need to. You really thought I was serious?!......



Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
No. The super nes was ahead of its time. 3ds cant handle mode 7.

GBA says hi.


Oh wow..... I know I didn't put down that I was being sarcastic, but, I didn't think I would need to. You really thought I was serious?!......

I have a feeling this is sarcastic...



Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
No. The super nes was ahead of its time. 3ds cant handle mode 7.

GBA says hi.


Oh wow..... I know I didn't put down that I was being sarcastic, but, I didn't think I would need to. You really thought I was serious?!......

I have a feeling this is sarcastic...

I have a feeling this is sarcastic.



Suke said:
shikamaru317 said:
I'd love to know why the DS main series Pokemon games aren't on the 3DS e-shop. It would be a simple matter considering the fact that cartridge based versions of the games are forwards compatible with the 3DS.

.....Why isn't DS games on the eShop?


The greatest mystery in the universe. 



PS2|Wii|DS lite|3DS XL|PSP|Android

Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:
No. The super nes was ahead of its time. 3ds cant handle mode 7.

GBA says hi.


Oh wow..... I know I didn't put down that I was being sarcastic, but, I didn't think I would need to. You really thought I was serious?!......

I have a feeling this is sarcastic...

I have a feeling this is sarcastic.

The sarcasm wars have begun!

No, that post wasn't sarcastic.



My guess is no. Although the 3DS VC is pretty strong as is. It's great being able to play old GB and GBC games.

The real puzzler is the WiiU VC. It really should have launched with more titles. Earthbound was a huge step in the right direction but the games need to come with greater frequency, at least in North America. Japan is made in the shade when it comes to Virtual Console.



AstroGamer said:
To get them to run natively would be complex since as getting it to run across both cores would need to reprogram the game itself. The other option is emulating the SNES architecture which the 3DS CPU clock speed isn't fast enough to on a single core.
The reason GBA is on the 3DS is that there is DS hardware in it which contains GBA hardware. This means there are no 3DS functions working in this mode so no pedometer, streetpass, suspend, miiverse, etc. as well as virtual console features like save states. It also opens ways to piracy since it opens up hardware weaknesses. Using this is a poor option for virtual console


...R4i hackers got SNES games to run on the original DS for crying out loud!