By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will SNES games ever come to the 3DS eShop?

Does anyone have or know any soruces if its possible, I'm kind of shock, there isn't any on the 3ds eShop yet. I'm pretty sure the 3DS is powerful enough to run them.

....GBA?

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

No cause Iwata's logic is out of this world... Seriously

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

lol of course they could run on the 3DS! Nintendo just needs to put them there is all.

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

I don't know, the SNES was a pretty powerful system.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network
Suke said:

3DS and Wii U will have that feature in a distant feature as well (already confirmed by Mr. Iwata, if you didn't know), so SNES should appear on 3DS as well n_n

But antoher good question is: will GameCube games ever come to Wii U's eShop? I hope so.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

To get them to run natively would be complex since as getting it to run across both cores would need to reprogram the game itself. The other option is emulating the SNES architecture which the 3DS CPU clock speed isn't fast enough to on a single core.
The reason GBA is on the 3DS is that there is DS hardware in it which contains GBA hardware. This means there are no 3DS functions working in this mode so no pedometer, streetpass, suspend, miiverse, etc. as well as virtual console features like save states. It also opens ways to piracy since it opens up hardware weaknesses. Using this is a poor option for virtual console

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

No. The super nes was ahead of its time. 3ds cant handle mode 7.

shikamaru317 said:
I'd love to know why the DS main series Pokemon games aren't on the 3DS e-shop. It would be a simple matter considering the fact that cartridge based versions of the games are forwards compatible with the 3DS.

.....Why isn't DS games on the eShop?

— 

I hope so, but I really don't see it.