By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Castlevania lords of the Shadow 2 sales are terrible

Asdrendeluxe said:
Nintentacle said:
That's surprising. At least it isn't as bad as TW101.

Eh i must say no. Wonderful 101 has not the biggest orchester of all time. it was a realy small budget game. But this game was a AAA Game. 

I was saying sales-wise. It's doing better.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Asdrendeluxe said:
Nintentacle said:

Eh i must say no. Wonderful 101 has not the biggest orchester of all time. it was a realy small budget game. But this game was a AAA Game. 

Of course it sales better by a 160 million installbase. But to compare the 2 you must say how much it has cost to develope the game. That is why i say it is a complete fail.

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

Having actually played and completed Castlevania: LoS 2... I feel the mediocre gameplay and disappointing story is hurting potential sales.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Asdrendeluxe said:
gergroy said:
melbye said:
For the first time i really want a publisher dead without it being a joke. Konami has nothing to add to gaming anymore

if konami dying means somebody else ends up with the Suikoden IP who will actually make new suikoden games... then I would be on board for that.  

I believe Kojima is one of the problem.

problem? he seems to be the only guy over there that knows what the hell he is doing

JustThatGamer said:
Well it's the developers fault, the first game was a critical & commercial success but the comparisons to God of War offended them. So they decided to make it more Zelda this time.... Look at the results, a mediocre mess of a game that's selling like shit on a stick.

I thought C:LoS was a really great game (go buy it!) and the potential for the sequel was through the roof, was so excited for C:LoS2 but was left severely disappointed.

How's the genre going to stay alive until God of War 4 arrives when C:LoS2 flopped, Ninja Gaiden & DmC are tiny franchises now that are on the edge of death and Bayonetta 2 is going to flop.

If anything that will work in GOW favor as it will be one of the few games in the genre that people will want to play. Hell it might be one of the few games in the genre period

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Asdrendeluxe said:
Nintentacle said:

That's not an accomplishment.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

This is towards the few people in this thread who state how they read reviews about how bad the game was and they're glad it's failing, etc, etc(and others not on this forum.)  Not towards everyone else.  With how many posts I see talking about how poor of a game Lords of Shadow 2 is, I kind of wonder why it didn't sell more. Oh, that's right. Just some sheep parroting a Metacritic score. Of course.  Although, it's got to be some huge coincidence that all PS3, 360, and PC versions of Lords of Shadow 2 have a higher user score than the original games user scores and there are only 110 less ratings. 847 ratings on Lords of Shadow 2 compared to 957 on the original.  User scores with an average over two points higher than the critics average.

It's a shame that critics slam a good games score destroying any possibility of sales, yet they have no problem throwing large amounts of praise at a garbage game for no reason other than it's well known to be a good franchise. Then at the end of the year, list the game as number one on their top 10 disappointments of 2010.

The only Konami IP I ever cared about was Silent Hill

oniyide said:
Asdrendeluxe said:
gergroy said:
melbye said:
For the first time i really want a publisher dead without it being a joke. Konami has nothing to add to gaming anymore

if konami dying means somebody else ends up with the Suikoden IP who will actually make new suikoden games... then I would be on board for that.  

I believe Kojima is one of the problem.

problem? he seems to be the only guy over there that knows what the hell he is doing

Believe you this? 

He is the Vicepresident of Konami and he is  responsible for a lot of bad decision by Konami.

I say not he is a bad Gamedeveloper god no. But in Managment he is terrible. Hell the entire Konami games SUCKS.

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

the game is mediocre, its a shame because it had good potential to be good.
it doesn't matter now since the creator of Symphony of the night left Konami and making a spiritual successor