By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Castlevania lords of the Shadow 2 sales are terrible

gergroy said:
melbye said:
For the first time i really want a publisher dead without it being a joke. Konami has nothing to add to gaming anymore

if konami dying means somebody else ends up with the Suikoden IP who will actually make new suikoden games... then I would be on board for that.  

I believe Kojima is one of the problem.

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

Around the Network

I think there is something seriously wrong with gaming today, as I think the game is really good and at the early stages on par or even better than LoS1.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Asdrendeluxe said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
This isn't all that surprising. The game was doomed to fail.

Why? 

I mean clear the producer is a dick. But have Castlevania so a little fanbase?

Well Castlevania hasn't been a big hitter to begin with. Add in the fact it was poorly marketed and the bad reviews just piled on: it was doomed to fail.

I agree with your points. However I didn’t think it was going to flop. I think Konami also did a piss-poor job of marketing the game as well, I think they only care about MGS these days.

melbye said:
For the first time i really want a publisher dead without it being a joke. Konami has nothing to add to gaming anymore

I'll fire the first shot! Konami really has fallen far from its 8 and 16 bit glory days.

Zekkyou said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Candidate for the biggest flop of 2014?

Very possibly. It's a pretty good looking game (has some technical shortcomings, but still impressive to look at), so it can't have been particularly cheap. Can be damn sure it didn't meet sales exceptions :P

Yea, I had a feeling this isn't a cheap game. I wish they would go back to the 2D side scrolling ways kinda like they did with the 3ds version just more polished and with some actual lip syncing and etc. I always loved their music and what not but oh well... Hopefully this doesn't mean they are gonna axe the series

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Konami is the PES-Metal Gear company now, they should focus on that... Castlevania was never a good seller, but this is even worst.

What a horrible night to have a flop.

Castelvania of War never appealed to me. The 3DS game otoh is pretty cool. i like 2D more for this franchise. Castelvania 64 was cool though

I would like to buy it but I only have a Nintendo Wii U so I can't buy it!!! Too bad!!!

Well it's the developers fault, the first game was a critical & commercial success but the comparisons to God of War offended them. So they decided to make it more Zelda this time.... Look at the results, a mediocre mess of a game that's selling like shit on a stick.

I thought C:LoS was a really great game (go buy it!) and the potential for the sequel was through the roof, was so excited for C:LoS2 but was left severely disappointed.

How's the genre going to stay alive until God of War 4 arrives when C:LoS2 flopped, Ninja Gaiden & DmC are tiny franchises now that are on the edge of death and Bayonetta 2 is going to flop.