By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Castlevania lords of the Shadow 2 sales are terrible

Well... It's doing better than first week sales of LoS:MoF for the 3DS. That's something, right?

Around the Network

Well, I played the first game but did not like it too much, it was a good action game but the phasing was odd and I like Metroidvania games more. I was hopeful for the 3DS game but after looking at the reviews I saw that the style had changed and was not coming back (I miss you Metroidvania), so I was not hyped for this sequel at all, it did not make my purchase list for the month, not even in the "maybe" category, and after reading and watching the reviews is not even in my purchase list at all.

Castlevania games were never huge seller, but the DS games sold good numbers and were cheap to make, the new approach to "broad the audience" picked up the interest for the first game but left many disappointed and this sequel is paying the consequences.

flagstaad said:
Well, I played the first game but did not like it too much, it was a good action game but the phasing was odd and I like Metroidvania games more. I was hopeful for the 3DS game but after looking at the reviews I saw that the style had changed and was not coming back (I miss you Metroidvania), so I was not hyped for this sequel at all, it did not make my purchase list for the month, not even in the "maybe" category, and after reading and watching the reviews is not even in my purchase list at all.

Castlevania games were never huge seller, but the DS games sold good numbers and were cheap to make, the new approach to "broad the audience" picked up the interest for the first game but left many disappointed and this sequel is paying the consequences.

Thank god they guy behind Castlevania left Konami.

http://playeressence.com/koji-igarashi-wanted-to-make-a-zelda-style-game-with-castlevania-thankful-for-metroidvania-coined-term/

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

I'm probably the only one that enjoyed more Mirror of Fate than LoS. I don't know why, maybe I didn't like it was taking itself too serious and trying to be like a movie or the repetitive gameplay, I don't know but I felt the gameplay was better executed in Mirror of Fate.

I was unimpressed by LoS and lost interest in the sequel like a lot of people.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

It pains me seeing castlevania doing bad, I like all the games I have played from the NES to the DS so it would be sad if one day the series die, I still haven't played any of the LoS games but from what I've heard they are hurting the series more than helping it

Around the Network

For me, LOS1 is one of the best games from the PS360 generation. Good story, great atmosphere, amazing soundtrack, and just a good gameplay experience alltogether. I always recommend the game to my friends looking for a new game.

Sad to hear about LOS2 though, I still think it is a good game, and I saw one of the users here gave it a better score than LOS1, while also loving LOS1. So that seems good to me.

that's what you get for not releasing on the Wii U :P

mii-gamer said:
that's what you get for not releasing on the Wii U :P

Carma Bitch carma^^.

That's surprising. At least it isn't as bad as TW101.

Nintentacle said:
That's surprising. At least it isn't as bad as TW101.

Eh i must say no. Wonderful 101 has not the biggest orchester of all time. it was a realy small budget game. But this game was a AAA Game.