By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saudi Arabia Bans Bravely Default Because It Promotes "Pedophilia"

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Around the Network

Wait a second. Fire Emblem: Awakening isn't banned on Saudi Arabia?

Ah, of course. She's 1,000 years old...

Einsam_Delphin said:
garretslarrity said:
I'm only in Chapter 2, so from now on I will look out for pedophilia, as I am yet to notice any.

Their version might not be censored.

I would think their's would be censored before ours.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Wright said:
RenCutypoison said:

It's SDphobia. A common disease amongst gamers.

On topic : I would really like to know what the punishment would be there for reading kodomo no jikan (manga about pedophilia).

*Googles*

What the heck xD

If you have the chance to read it, do it, it's a very interesting read. Tough the ecchi parodies in it can be very disturbing. It wasn't published in west for obvious reason tough.

the_dengle said:
One of the characters in Bravely Default is pretty legitimately not only a pedophile but a rapist. But he's depicted as one of the most villainous characters in the game. It's pretty excessive to say that these kinds of people cannot be depicted in any form in media.

Unless they're talking about the Sage, in which case they may be onto something, although even in the Japanese version Agnes is 18. But I don't know what the age of majority is in Saudi Arabia.

Then there's Ringabel's comment about Victoria being too young for him, and the age difference between him and Edea... Um, this game is kinda weird sometimes, but always played for laughs.

Assuming you're talking about Red, yeah, I agree. He was definitely written as a scumbag, the exact opposite of 'promoting' it I'd say.

There's also the point of whether it's really pedophilia in the first place, I think hebephilia (sexual attraction to early-adolescents) or ephebophilia (sexual attraction to late-adolescents) probably describe him better anyway. Though who knows...it's hard to tell with chibis.

Of course, I've just recently finished the Fire Temple chapter, so maybe there's a legitimate pedophile I haven't met yet. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Mario "promotes" animal abuse, because he uses the Tanooki suit . Are they going to ban Mario games, too?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

badgenome said:
They are just butthurt about Bravely Default outselling Lightning Returns in the US. Saudi Arabia is a notorious nation of Toriyama fanboys.

I can confirm this.

AZWification said:

Mario "promotes" animal abuse, because he uses the Tanooki suit . Are they going to ban Mario games, too?

No one cares about animals. Well, except PETA.

I thought pedophilia was the norm in those countries.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

i live in Saudi Arabia and i can confirm that i saw the game last week on the big retail stores being sold like any other game.

Referring to the David Cage comment... Beyond: Two Souls wasn't banned at all from the get go and Heavy Rain was banned at first but several months later it was allowed to be sold publicly.

Regarding some of those ignorant comments about Saudi Arabia allowing men to marry girls in their single digits... that is completely a FALSE info and we apply serious consequences for any pedophile acts just like any other civilized country.

PS: the Video Games that i noticed are banned permanently recently are: GTA5 and the GOW games and thats about it. i ordered all of them from Amazon ya know :)