By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saudi Arabia Bans Bravely Default Because It Promotes "Pedophilia"

I don't own a Ds if the game is above average I definitively try it. I like jrpg.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
Zekkyou said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well that's pretty creepy.

Yeah this resolution scared me off too =O

Why?

Saudi-Arabia is not a country that should complain about pedophilia

technicalgamer said:

I don't own a Ds if the game is above average I definitively try it. I like jrpg.

You would have to turn that DS into a 3DS for a start.

OT: This concept has always made me laugh. Remember when Pokemon "promoted" evil and animal abuse? How dumb do these people think we actually are? (Don't answer that.)

NintendoPie said:
technicalgamer said:

You would have to turn that DS into a 3DS for a start.

OT: This concept has always made me laugh. Remember when Pokemon "promoted" evil and animal abuse? How dumb do these people think we actually are? (Don't answer that.)

Not to mention the fact that it's a tool of Satan.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network
technicalgamer said:
RenCutypoison said:
Zekkyou said:

Well that's pretty creepy.

Yeah this resolution scared me off too =O

Why?

It's SDphobia. A common disease amongst gamers.

On topic : I would really like to know what the punishment would be there for reading kodomo no jikan (manga about pedophilia).

garretslarrity said:
I'm only in Chapter 2, so from now on I will look out for pedophilia, as I am yet to notice any.

Their version might not be censored.

RenCutypoison said:

It's SDphobia. A common disease amongst gamers.

On topic : I would really like to know what the punishment would be there for reading kodomo no jikan (manga about pedophilia).

*Googles*

What the heck xD

One of the characters in Bravely Default is pretty legitimately not only a pedophile but a rapist. But he's depicted as one of the most villainous characters in the game. It's pretty excessive to say that these kinds of people cannot be depicted in any form in media.

Unless they're talking about the Sage, in which case they may be onto something, although even in the Japanese version Agnes is 18. But I don't know what the age of majority is in Saudi Arabia.

Then there's Ringabel's comment about Victoria being too young for him, and the age difference between him and Edea... Um, this game is kinda weird sometimes, but always played for laughs.

badgenome said:
They are just butthurt about Bravely Default outselling Lightning Returns in the US. Saudi Arabia is a notorious nation of Toriyama fanboys.

I thought that was just a rumor :O