By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saudi Arabia Bans Bravely Default Because It Promotes "Pedophilia"

Wright said:

Wait a second. Fire Emblem: Awakening isn't banned on Saudi Arabia?

Ah, of course. She's 1,000 years old...

And likes to play outside with children. Obviously a creepy pedophile...

Around the Network

....ehhh...promoting pedophilia ?

That is not the BD I´ve played.

Dahum said:
i live in Saudi Arabia and i can confirm that i saw the game last week on the big retail stores being sold like any other game.

Referring to the David Cage comment... Beyond: Two Souls wasn't banned at all from the get go and Heavy Rain was banned at first but several months later it was allowed to be sold publicly.

Regarding some of those ignorant comments about Saudi Arabia allowing men to marry girls in their single digits... that is completely a FALSE info and we apply serious consequences for any pedophile acts just like any other civilized country.

PS: the Video Games that i noticed are banned permanently recently are: GTA5 and the GOW games and thats about it. i ordered all of them from Amazon ya know :)

This. 

but they still marry teenagers. 

But that was one of the biggest selling points! I think it was a bad idea to have "a pedophile's dream" as a bullet point on the back of the box. That might have been asking for trouble.

PullusPardus said:
Dahum said:
i live in Saudi Arabia and i can confirm that i saw the game last week on the big retail stores being sold like any other game.

Referring to the David Cage comment... Beyond: Two Souls wasn't banned at all from the get go and Heavy Rain was banned at first but several months later it was allowed to be sold publicly.

Regarding some of those ignorant comments about Saudi Arabia allowing men to marry girls in their single digits... that is completely a FALSE info and we apply serious consequences for any pedophile acts just like any other civilized country.

PS: the Video Games that i noticed are banned permanently recently are: GTA5 and the GOW games and thats about it. i ordered all of them from Amazon ya know :)

This. 

but they still marry teenagers. 

but its becoming less and less common and those type of marriges usually happen in small villages nowadays.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

You would have to turn that DS into a 3DS for a start.

OT: This concept has always made me laugh. Remember when Pokemon "promoted" evil and animal abuse? How dumb do these people think we actually are? (Don't answer that.)

Hold on ...

You know, now that I think about it, it actually does!  Cute little animals being forced to fight ...  Nintendo, you're awfully ratty!

I remember when a preacher from around this area published a column in the local "paper" with the headline of "Harry Potter is a Hairy Beast".  It was so hilarious that my sister pinned it to the fridge.  People from that church not only banned Harry Potter and Pokemon, they also had a boycott against Disney going for awhile.  Those poor kids.  I remember a parent telling me that in Japan the Pokemon represented demons.

I should have asked which demons Jigglypuff and Piplup represented.  Piplup does kind of look like Decarabia, to be honest.

pokoko said:

I remember when a preacher from around this area published a column in the local "paper" with the headline of "Harry Potter is a Hairy Beast".  It was so hilarious that my sister pinned it to the fridge.  People from that church not only banned Harry Potter and Pokemon, they also had a boycott against Disney going for awhile.  Those poor kids.  I remember a parent telling me that in Japan the Pokemon represented demons.

Semi-off-topic, but I always found it so ridiculous how these ultra-conservative religious groups would demonize the Harry Potter series, when one of the final scenes of the 7th book was a pretty clear connection to the Passion of the Christ.

Seriously...Harry finds out he has to die to save everyone. He makes a silent journey alone. Has loved ones help lighten his burden for part of the way. Confronts evil, dies...and then...wait for it....RISES AGAIN.

Honestly, these people demonize the supernatural aspect`of the story, while totally ignoring the big picture, and how much connection the story actually has with their own beliefs. To me, that's almost the definition of a simple mind.

/rant

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334