By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After 4 months now- Which console do you own and why?

Which consoles are yours?

PS4 188 36.94%

Xbox One 33 6.48%

Wii U 162 31.83%

PS4+Xbox One+Wii U 14 2.75%

PS4+Wii U 71 13.95%

Xbox One+Wii U 15 2.95%

PS4+Xbox One 9 1.77%

OUYA+Xbox One 0 0%

OUYA+PS4 6 1.18%

all of them 9 1.77%

Total:507

hello everyone,
I want to ask you about your personal impressions and consoles you own because I need this for school. I could choose the topic so I decided to do something with  videogames. I am going to write about it ( I need 40 pages, the topic is the 8th generation in general). So please guys share your information with me. Of course it is anonymous.

Which console do you own? Are you going to buy another one? And why?

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network

Ps4 cause 4 is godly, X1 cause Forza and the Supra is godly thus i must play it for that and wiiu cause impulse buy bundle sale.

PS4 because Sony has more and better exclusives every gen, and i was turned off from MS last gen with all of the RROD problems. Didn't buy a 360, almost guaranteed i won't buy a One.

PS4 and Wii U
WiiU for 1st party exclusives and PS4 for 3rd party exclusives.
Also already have 3DS and Vita for the same reasons I stated for the home consoles

Wii U, because I can't live without Nintendo's first party games.

Around the Network

None because no gaemz.

PS4

Cheaper
More powerful
Sony exclusives and diversity
PS+
Sony support on games

Wii U later when it will be at under 180€ in bundle with 1/2 games !

Xbox One only right now because I'm waiting for something to interest me in the PS4. Like Uncharted. May get a Wii U sooner than PS4 for my girlfriend since she and my sis love Mario so much.

Awesome topic, maybe I would have graduated if there was something I cared about enough to do in school.

Anyways I have an xbox one. Because it had the most attractive line up for my persona. taste. I own 4 games now and 3 are cross gen, ghost, nba 2k14, and titan fall with killer instinct being the only just next gen title.

So killer instinct aside it's not really just the games that attracted me. I wanted to play the games I wanted in the most powerful way possible and remain comfortable while doing so.

out of my four games, only ghost is apparently better to play on the ps4 while nba 2k14 is the same on paper and the other two games can't be played on that platform.

I'm deep in the xboxlive community so a few extra pixels on some games aren't worth severing my ties. In this era with profiles, rewards and records of investments it makes converting harder to do, almost like quitting a job, changing a bank or getting out of a long term relationship.

I always hated both sony and nintendo's controllers so it was also a factor.

When both consoles are announced with their policies and features, I was back and forth all of last year on which one I was going to get. For a long time I was sure I was switching to sony.

to be clear I've been mostly a multi system owner all my life but out of ps3, 360 and wii, 360 was my main. I never signed up for ps plus or bought any content online from sony or nintendo while I was racking up purchases on the 360. The ps3 was free to play online which was attractive in it;s own right, despite that I preferred paying for gold because the connection felt way smoother and updates didn't take so damn long. And once again the controller, I got cod titles for both systems and underperformed on the ps3 because my large hands cramped up on those controls after a short while, and the sticks were too loose and oddly positioned. The dual shock design comes from another era of gaming and doesn't hold up as well against the offset stick design for FPS games.

With every game era there has been a decrease in exclusive games and an increase of multi plats, so unless if you're with nintendo you won't miss out on a lot of major things either way. I will however not rule out getting a ps4 for wii u somewhere later on down the line. It might be pretty soon for the wii u because the smash bros franchise is a hard one to ignore for me, as for the ps4........nothing on that side is calling me yet.

I'm more of a multi player gamer so things like the last of us can't hold my attention.

I could write more but that should be enough.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Im waiting to buy and finish dark souls 2 then I plan to sell my ps3 and buy a ps4. I will more than likely pick up a One at Christmas.