By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSB For WiiU/3DS Topic #21: Will They Return: YOSHI!?

Yoshi Will....

Return With Same Movest 21 65.63%

Return With Different Moveset (Major Changes) 5 15.63%

Return With Baby Mario 6 18.75%

Not Return O.o 0 0%

Total:32
LinkVPit said:
Yes.

He's my fave character from Mario and I used him alot in Brawl and Melee.

Plus his been in every game so far.

I expect a reveal of him before or around Yoshi's Island's release.

Maybe, lots of people expecting it. But then again, all character announcements related with game release have been japanese releases. Only one game outside of japan was connected with a reveal (diddy kong) and that was because a nintendo direct was on DK japanese release!

Well see soon enough!

Around the Network

yes, he is even getting a new game

Yes, there are new Yoshi games on their way so why not?

Also I like his design very much, if he was missing, there would be something just odd about ssb.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Of course Yoshi is back. This Friday is the reveal, I'm sure. :)

It is a production where my only thought was to burn my feelings into film. (Hideaki Anno)

Kill la Kill is awesome.

"This game has been like a light finally shining into what has been such a depressing time. I feel like this game has given me the power to go on living," the player wrote. "It's something like a miracle. It's helped me remember pure feelings from a more innocent time. I want to thank the development team."

"As game developers, our work is special," said Hayashida. "All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/164906/

of course Yoshi is coming back. The real question is are we getting classic Yoshi or revamped Yoshi? I could see yoshi with baby mario but I think just giving yoshi an update is more likely.

My suggested moveset would be:
Up Special: Balloon Yoshi from SMG2 or Yoshi's New Island (similar to Snake's recovery)
Side Special: Egg based projectile (similar to up special in brawl but knocks yoshi back like lucas' PK Fire and is easier to aim)
Down Special: Yoshi Bomb (same as in brawl)
Standard Special: Egg Lay (same as in brawl)

I never liked Yoshi's up special...do others actually like it? I may just be changing things to fit my tastes, but I feel like Balloon Yoshi just makes more sense as a recovery move

EDIT: I was thinking a little more about the moveset....
My set up above essentially loses one damage dealing move (Egg Roll), so I think its only fair if his other moves get a buff. When you eat something, it puts it in a little egg that trails you (like in Yoshi's New Island) and when you perform Egg Throw, whatever you've eaten gives your throws added properties. If you ate a bomb, your projectile will explode, if you ate a mushroom your projectile will be huge and if you ate a player, you will throw that player (other items could do different things but I dont feel like thinking up everything right now)

Around the Network

Yes, he will be announced this week ^^

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

kuribo4 said:
Of course Yoshi is back. This Friday is the reveal, I'm sure. :)

Was just going to post this. Friday's Pic-of-the-Day will show Yoshi, and the Smash site will be updated to coincide with Yoshi's New Island release...just like Diddy Kong and King Dedede. Probably another new character revealed in a late-March or April Nintendo Direct and then Meta Knight on May 2nd when Kirby Triple Deluxe comes out in NA. 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I see everybody thinks this friday :)

That's like asking if the next Call of Duty game will have guns. Of course Yoshi will appear in Smash Bros 4!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I hope they add baby Mario

They won't though :(

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC