By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

NobleTeam360 said:
I predicted a 89 so hopefully it goes another up another point.

It is on 87 at the moment, the OP just hasn't updated the thread title. 

Around the Network

i really didnt expect these reviews. the way this game was hyped i expected 10s and 9.5s

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Interesting I was expecting high 70s and low 80. May try it on my PC.

Just watched the in progress ign review , the amount of multiplayer features missing is amazing, cant vote on next map etc, lack of private games and some of the close up titan shots looked very muddy indeed. All those 9+ reviews are fanboy reviews. This title has a free pass due to hype

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Rychussnik said:
Xenostar said:
Surprised at only 1 perfect score so far, i thought we would of seen quite a few for this game.

reviewers have been pretty harsh recently, i'm looking forward to see the reviews that infamous gets. 

Reviewers are going to complain about Delsin's beanie.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

What does the order of games mean on the Metacritic homepage? So you go to their homepage and where it says news and notable you can click games - although I think by default it is on movies. I only ask because at first it went Towerfall, Titanfall, Year Walk etcetera, whereas now Year Walk and Titanfall have switched places? Does that have any significance? As in, is Year Walk the "higher" 87?

Xenostar said:
Surprised at only 1 perfect score so far, i thought we would of seen quite a few for this game.

Well GAF found this one...

http://g3ar.co.za/review/review-titanfall/

Talk about obscure

Before people criticite me... it is a joke... the game is not launching in South Africa. 

Hahahahahahahahaha, today is a sad day for many... and a busy day for gamers wallet!!
Where is Allard?

AZWification said:
tbone51 said:

lol from gaf

I wonder if this gif would have been used if Titanfall was a PS4 exclusive... Hmm. I guess I will never find out!

You realize that gif is pretty old and that people use it (in jest) for most EA games, right? Exclusivity had nothing to do with it. Hell, it has ME3 in it

kowenicki said:

Praise indeed.

Yeah. Call of Duty 4 is for me, the pinnacle of online FPS multiplayer. Way over 1000 hours sunk into that game. Anything that can stand toe to toe with CoD 4 gets a thumbs up from me.

That, and its Edge. You know there aint no funny business with an Edge review.