By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

Dropped to 86... I think it will end 85.

Around the Network

8.9/10 IGN

"The Verdict

Titanfall represents a potent fusion of established and modern design ideas, creating a tense and rewarding balance of power and moment-to-moment unpredictability. MOBA-like minions mix with traditional on-foot deathmatch, jetpack-powered locomotion, and giant-robot combat – each role playing its own part in the battle and coming with its own tactics and strategies – while the well-designed maps make the ideal weapons and loadout completely situational and dynamic. Though Titanfall is somewhat regrettably a barebones game in terms of modes and customization features available at launch, its intense action is almost as exciting to watch a friend play as it is to pick up the controller yourself. It’s surprisingly lacking many accoutrements we’ve come to expect in a multiplayer shooter, but it nevertheless unites its elements in a cohesive, approachable way. Titanfall earns a seat at the table with the genre’s entrenched powerhouses."

Meta added GameRevolution's review... that means even my 85 prediction can be off dropping the final meta score to 84 or less.

6/10

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/titanfall

"Titanfall goes one step beyond Call of Duty 4’s multiplayer by adding in a secondary layer to combat, one that forces players to constantly change their tactics and remain situationally aware. If you can turn your brain off and enjoy the carnage with like-minded friends, you might have the best experience of 2014 in your hands today. If you want something more from your video games or if you want to be transported to another dimension to learn the true role of an intergalactic soldier, you should probably hit the books. If Titanfall is representative of man’s aspirations, we’re going no where fast."

It's great to see that even in the not so great reviews, they can't help but say in some form of other that the game is fun.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.