By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Jazz2K said:

Hey chill man. It's a good thing that it was only 1 or 2 people claiming how graphics were sooo important it's my bad... these 2 guys were good at making threads and on different websites though... congrats to them ;)

All I say is games can be good no matter the platform, no matter the resolution, no matter if they have a multiplayer/single player or not if they are well done then it's great. Maybe this gen people will see games for what fun they bring to them instead of how many pixels they can count. 

Maybe you're new to this but there was a time when indies couldn't be taken seriously... yep not too long ago.

generalizing an entire fanbase based off a couple posts on a forum...yeah hard to take that serious.

what fanbase? did I mention any fanbase?

It's pretty obvious what you are implying don't be coy lol

All fanbases try hard to downplay the others for no good reason and if a fanbase thinks the hat fits them more then so be it.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Euphoria14 said:
NavyNut said:
Pretty good reviews, I'm impressed by it. I wonder if its worth getting a one over it instead of just getting the 360 version.

Graphics aren't important, gameplay is.

If you have a 360 there is no reason to get an XBox One for this title. 

We haven't even seen the X360 version, it could be gimped beyond belief.

I see it running around 600p (Think CoD) and 50-60fps.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

So what's the first country to get the game? It's not here because we get it on the 14th, otherwise it would have been in people hands 12 hours ago (if there was a midnight launch). Does Aussie get is today or is it the 12th or 14th or something there too?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Euphoria14 said:
starcraft said:
Euphoria14 said:
NavyNut said:
Pretty good reviews, I'm impressed by it. I wonder if its worth getting a one over it instead of just getting the 360 version.

Maybe?  Maybe is also has less pilots on each map, smaller maps to begin with, lower textures etc...until we say it, calling the versions interchangable is a bit of a stretch...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

binary solo said:
So what's the first country to get the game? It's not here because we get it on the 14th, otherwise it would have been in people hands 12 hours ago (if there was a midnight launch). Does Aussie get is today or is it the 12th or 14th or something there too?

Isn't the game releasing tomorrow?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Euphoria14 said:
starcraft said:
Euphoria14 said:
NavyNut said:

Maybe?  Maybe is also has less pilots on each map, smaller maps to begin with, lower textures etc...until we say it, calling the versions interchangable is a bit of a stretch...

I am saying that despite lower resolution and possibly lower quality textures the game will still play the same. This isn't like going from a PS3 to a 3DS. They are not going to shrink the maps, remove game modes, remove maps, etc... This is running on the Source Engine. This isn't some built from the ground up next gen engine.

I wager the game will be exactly the same with the big differences being the resolution and texture quality.

We shall know if just a few short weeks.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Jazz2K said:

US. EU is Friday.

8 mins until the user scores start to appear on Titanfall, its going to be such a flood of hate from people who don't have an Xbox or from people who just hate EA. This game is at the peak of bad PR from an angry internet mob.

I reckon the actual critic meta score should come to rest around the 85% mark when all the judges are in, proper A+ game to start shipping some X1 units around the world.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ethomaz said:

Jazz2K said:

US. EU is Friday.

Ohh thanks... lots of great games releasing close to each other. Project Sparks Beta, Titanfall, PVZ, Infamous... lots of love for gamers

Well I purchased it on Origin, gonna play it for myself and see if it's worth it. If I don't like it I'll just return it before the day is over and wait till it drops.