By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

FATALITY said:
i really didnt expect these reviews. the way this game was hyped i expected 10s and 9.5s

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178285&page=1

Around the Network

87 is a great score, but the hype has not been justified. It's at 1% higher than Tomb Raider.

ethomaz said:
I will stay with my 85 prediction.

EDGE

"There’s a substantial amount to do across every map and mode, and in the course of ten hours’ play we didn’t find ourselves getting bored or seeing the same circumstances crop up enough to feel repetitive. Likewise, unlocks arrive at a refreshingly fast rate – your options are varied at the beginning, and diversify quickly.

The potential for launch week performance issues is the key issue holding Titanfall back from a recommendation at this stage, as is a triple-A pricepoint that many may find hard to justify for an exclusively multiplayer game. In its own right, though, this is arguably the best multiplayer shooter since the original Modern Warfare – and proof that beyond that well-used formula, a better game was waiting to be made."

They will show the score after real world tests.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/titanfall-is-an-intelligent-modern-shooter-which-gives-call-of-dutys-multiplayer-formula-new-life/

Okay, I'm hyped now. CoD 4 is my all time favorite shooter and one of my top favorite games overall.

Somebody explain this to me? Gamereactor UK gives Titanfall a 9/10 even though:

- "If you look at what Titanfall offers here and now, on disc or digital as threadbare"
- "Campaign's a misfire"
- "It has no singleplayer campaign"
- "You soon tier the maps - not all are created equal. A handful of the town levels homogenise all too easily, visual identifiers too similar, and designs too simplistic to stand out."
- "What becomes obvious during our time is that in some locations, the player number versus map size hasn't been scaled quite perfectly."

With no SP campaign and with a bad MP campaign this game stands and falls with the quality of the multiplayer and when even this part receives criticism in several cucial aspects I can't see how it can score a near perfect 9.

I've preordered Titanfall on PC because of the great potential the beta showed us but a lot of these reviews tell me that this potential doesn't get fulfilled. I'm starting to think OP is right about this:

morenoingrato said:
FATALITY said:
i really didnt expect these reviews. the way this game was hyped i expected 10s and 9.5s

Haha that's amazing

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

I seen these scores coming from a mile away. This isn't to be taken negatively though. Even if it settles at 84, that is a perfectly acceptable score.

Mike_L said:

Somebody explain this to me? Gamereactor UK gives Titanfall a 9/10 even though:

- "If you look at what Titanfall offers here and now, on disc or digital as threadbare"
- "Campaign's a misfire"
- "It has no singleplayer campaign"
- "You soon tier the maps - not all are created equal. A handful of the town levels homogenise all too easily, visual identifiers too similar, and designs too simplistic to stand out."
- "What becomes obvious during our time is that in some locations, the player number versus map size hasn't been scaled quite perfectly."

With no SP campaign and with a bad MP campaign this game stands and falls with the quality of the multiplayer and when even this part receives criticism in several cucial aspects I can't see how it can score a near perfect 9.

I've preordered Titanfall on PC because of the great potential the beta showed us but a lot of these reviews tell me that this potential doesn't get fulfilled. I'm starting to think OP is right about this:

Welcome to the game reviews scores... that's why I read them even after look the scores... of course that works for both sides.

Goatseye said:
Hahahahahahahahaha, today is a sad day for many... and a busy day for gamers wallet!!
Where is Allard?

Sad day for xbox fans maybe? It surely is not GOTG, nor is it living up to the "Saviour of FPS" hype. It's a fun, good FPS but still more of the same. Not going to move many x1's.

morenoingrato said:
FATALITY said:

Lol. What is your point?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Such a shame that a single player game is not marked down for no multiplayer, yet multiplayer games are marked down for no single player.

Still glad that the multiplayer aspect is getting glowing statements even in the marked down reviews.

Titanfall is epic. Roll on 14th. I will lose my life to this game.

And finally all my friends who don't have an Xbox One yet will finally game with me this Friday. We all will have one then. Even my PS4 mates are getting it. We will have enough for 12 of us to play without anyone else.

Come on Friday dammit.