By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did Microsoft Put Secret Sauce in Xbox One? DX12 May Allow Xbox One To Save GPU Time, Render Ray Tracing, SuperFog And Custom Effects

kirby007 said:
shane_stocks said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Cool, looking forward to Direct X12 on X1.

This forum pains me.

Direct X12 WILL NOT WORK ON XBOX ONE. It is a machine for Direct X11, and it is something you cannot change. Done.

it wouldn't make sense if it couldn't...

@topic teh cell could do raytracing

It's just another mis-information tactic by Microsoft. First the cloud, now Direct X12. Xbox One cant even run Direct X11 stuff properly yet, and it is built around that. You cannot simply update it to Direct X12, it does not work like that. There is no secret sauce.

All that matters is the stuff you already know. Xbox One is a weak console, burdened by Kinect. Microsoft realised this and trust me, they wish they can change it. 

Around the Network

Don't get your hopes up. It's already too late. Momentum was lost almost one year ago at the reveal. So many strategic mistakes were made. Sales are terrible compared to the competition. The Xbone will be short lived.

MS always used custom direct3d versions for their consoles but this doesn't mean that some features from DX12 won't work with Xbone, too. Actually, I think MS had running their dev-environment with DX12 in parallel so perhaps some things can improve. Doesn't change any hardware facts, though...

Oh my god no. Get off the "Secret Sauce." It isn't real, it never will be. Just accept that his console is weaker...

walsufnir said:
MS always used custom direct3d versions for their consoles but this doesn't mean that some features from DX12 won't work with Xbone, too. Actually, I think MS had running their dev-environment with DX12 in parallel so perhaps some things can improve. Doesn't change any hardware facts, though...

Your last point hits the nail on the hit. The hardware is what it is, and nothing Microsoft or the Xbox team claim can change that.

The hardware is built with Direct X11. Cant be changed.

It is painful for me to read YET AGAIN people are playing a "wait and see" game just to see if the Xbox will increase in power somehow. God damn it people, the hardware is the same it was in May 2013. THAT IS IT, there is nothing new to see, nothing will ever change it. It is weak compared to other choices out there, Microsoft hate that, and now yet again, just as with the cloud, people are wondering "Hey, they may improve it!".

Around the Network

All of that fancy shit will clearly make the Xbox One  the best selling console of this generation. It won't.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I think just about any console saw great improvements compared to launch games. If it's what we call "secret sauce", XBox One will probably have it, be it DX12 or not.
But having more improvements that comes faster and has more impact than on PS4 to the point it closes to a significant level the current gap with PS4 is a totally different talk. The gap is currently wide and PS4 with massive amount of fast memory, a better gpu and more first party teams seems to have a lot of room for improvement.

shane_stocks said:
walsufnir said:

Your last point hits the nail on the hit. The hardware is what it is, and nothing Microsoft or the Xbox team claim can change that.

The hardware is built with Direct X11. Cant be changed.

It is painful for me to read YET AGAIN people are playing a "wait and see" game just to see if the Xbox will increase in power somehow. God damn it people, the hardware is the same it was in May 2013. THAT IS IT, there is nothing new to see, nothing will ever change it. It is weak compared to other choices out there, Microsoft hate that, and now yet again, just as with the cloud, people are wondering "Hey, they may improve it!".

hardware can't be changed, software architecture which you seem to be forgetting can.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Microsoft will do themselves a lot of favours if they drop the power discussion. They are still trying to win people over into claiming there is no power difference between the PS4.

There is a 50% difference. PS4 is 50% more powerful. It always has been and it always will be. Absolutely NOTHING will change that.

shane_stocks said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Cool, looking forward to Direct X12 on X1.

This forum pains me.

Direct X12 WILL NOT WORK ON XBOX ONE. It is a machine for Direct X11, and it is something you cannot change. Done.

Then why does the title say DX12 on Xbox One?