By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did Microsoft Put Secret Sauce in Xbox One? DX12 May Allow Xbox One To Save GPU Time, Render Ray Tracing, SuperFog And Custom Effects

Is flaming weasel banned?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
shane_stocks said:
walsufnir said:
MS always used custom direct3d versions for their consoles but this doesn't mean that some features from DX12 won't work with Xbone, too. Actually, I think MS had running their dev-environment with DX12 in parallel so perhaps some things can improve. Doesn't change any hardware facts, though...

Your last point hits the nail on the hit. The hardware is what it is, and nothing Microsoft or the Xbox team claim can change that.

The hardware is built with Direct X11. Cant be changed.

It is painful for me to read YET AGAIN people are playing a "wait and see" game just to see if the Xbox will increase in power somehow. God damn it people, the hardware is the same it was in May 2013. THAT IS IT, there is nothing new to see, nothing will ever change it. It is weak compared to other choices out there, Microsoft hate that, and now yet again, just as with the cloud, people are wondering "Hey, they may improve it!".

hardware can't be changed, software architecture which you seem to be forgetting can.

Well at least Microsoft has fooled you so far.

AZWification said:

All of that fancy shit will clearly make the Xbox One  the best selling console of this generation. It won't.

No one claimed it would. 

NobleTeam360 said:
shane_stocks said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Cool, looking forward to Direct X12 on X1.

This forum pains me.

Direct X12 WILL NOT WORK ON XBOX ONE. It is a machine for Direct X11, and it is something you cannot change. Done.

Then why does the title say DX12 on Xbox One? 

Because Microsoft. The ones who also claim that the Xbox One is 4-5 times more powerful than PS4 because of the CLOUD. You fall for this brand new tactic, go right ahead.

kirby007 said:
Is flaming weasel banned?

He comes back tomorrow. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/108099/flamingweazel/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

BAHAHAHA NVM Flaming weasel, I knew the broken record sounded familiar

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
shane_stocks said:
walsufnir said:
MS always used custom direct3d versions for their consoles but this doesn't mean that some features from DX12 won't work with Xbone, too. Actually, I think MS had running their dev-environment with DX12 in parallel so perhaps some things can improve. Doesn't change any hardware facts, though...

Your last point hits the nail on the hit. The hardware is what it is, and nothing Microsoft or the Xbox team claim can change that.

It is painful for me to read YET AGAIN people are playing a "wait and see" game just to see if the Xbox will increase in power somehow. God damn it people, the hardware is the same it was in May 2013. THAT IS IT, there is nothing new to see, nothing will ever change it. It is weak compared to other choices out there, Microsoft hate that, and now yet again, just as with the cloud, people are wondering "Hey, they may improve it!".

hardware can't be changed, software architecture which you seem to be forgetting can.

Xbox One already has a low level access API. DirectX 12 isn't going to change much on the console front because that's not it was intended for. Its designed for PC's to take advantage of lower level access to the hardware. Very much like 'Mantle' from AMD. Sure thing, drivers and API's will be improved on Xbox One. It won't change the hardware though.

FrontlineJaguar said:
Xenostar said:
Of course the APIs and drivers will improve, thats the same for any hardware, but no there is no such thing as secret sauce. The hardware is what it is.

@xenostar @vivster api's and drivers are going to improve but if you bing it or google it you can see a decent amount of difference between directx 11 and 10 amd mantle improved the perfomance by huge means 30-35% so directx can. Their are many things ms has to answer about.

Mantle brought performance boost to PC because with it AMD emulated console like low level access API. We have had those with consoles since dawn of consoles. That is why you have usually gotten a lot prettier game out of console than from PC with same specs because with console you could code on ''metal''. You don't get same level of performance boost with any API on consoles simply because with consoles you already have low level access API.  Of course drivers and APIs improve during the console cycle but they are not ''secret sauce''.

Edit. Damn. Hinch pretty much said the same just post above me.

shane_stocks said:
walsufnir said:

who said the hardware was bult for direct x 11? you know they dont magically think of this in a couple of months

shane_stocks said:
NobleTeam360 said:
shane_stocks said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Cool, looking forward to Direct X12 on X1.

This forum pains me.

Direct X12 WILL NOT WORK ON XBOX ONE. It is a machine for Direct X11, and it is something you cannot change. Done.

Then why does the title say DX12 on Xbox One? 

Because Microsoft. The ones who also claim that the Xbox One is 4-5 times more powerful than PS4 because of the CLOUD. You fall for this brand new tactic, go right ahead.

I never commented on the cloud or any of that non sense. There will be improvements from whatever MS does to X1 so I could actually care less if it's DirectX 12 or not. Marginal improvements are better than none at all.