By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

oniyide said:
This was hilarious all of it. Zero999 is a riot, it is known that the more a game is delayed it losese money. You cant make money on a game that is not on the shelves. LOL the longer a game is out the more potential sales it can have its common sense. Just be real and say you want the Wii U version out at the same time and you dont care what happens to Ubi.

You can't lose money on a game that is finished and waiting to be released, especially when no special date is gonna be missing. you can lose money by releasing all versions except one, wich loses a lot of value.

before you come with the inevitable rayman argument, rayman was 2 weeks away from release when was delayed 7 months. different situation.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
This was hilarious all of it. Zero999 is a riot, it is known that the more a game is delayed it losese money. You cant make money on a game that is not on the shelves. LOL the longer a game is out the more potential sales it can have its common sense. Just be real and say you want the Wii U version out at the same time and you dont care what happens to Ubi.

You can't lose money on a game that is finished and waiting to be released, especially when no special date is gonna be missing. you can lose money by releasing all versions except one, wich loses a lot of value.

before you come with the inevitable rayman argument, rayman was 2 weeks away from release when was delayed 7 months. different situation.

Hmm, let's think about this... the best information for the release date of the Wii U version is that they'll maybe make a 2014 release according to Ubisoft, maybe... So if they'd wait for the Wii U version to be finished then we'd probably be looking at a holiday release, "what's wrong with holidays?" you might think, well look at Watchdogs, last year it was on of the most hyped games, but with every month that game doesn't release the hype has been steadily diminishing. I've been constantly seeing people say things like "I used to be really interested in this game but now I don't care anymore", so thinking that the game wouldn't lose sales and therefore money if it takes even more time in development is stupid.

Also which games release in May on the PS and Xbox consoles? Pretty much nothing noteworthy. What releases in the holidays? Everything. Cod, Fifa, AC, Destiny, The Order, Halo and probably alot more. So in the holidays competition would be much stiffer, which would mean that marketing expenses would need to be higher and that the game would cause of its very diminished hype lose many sales to other games.

Now you're probably thinking "but the same applies to the Wii U version" and to that the answer is simple: Sales the Ps4/X1/PS3/360/Wii U versions of the game would lose by pushing the game to the holidays > sales they're losing on the Wii U version by releasing it later than the other versions. The Wii U version is by far the least important version of the game and was always only going to sell a fraction of what the other versions are going to sell.

So, saying that having a finished game and not selling it can't lose you money is absolutely wrong.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

DerNebel already schooled you but i will say this I was never going to bring up Rayman becasue that actually makes YOUR case weaker.

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

DerNebel already schooled you but i will say this I was never going to bring up Rayman becasue that actually makes YOUR case weaker.

This thread has been hilarious. Ubi is one of the few 3rd party developers actually making games for the Wii U and the Wii U version gets delayed so they go crazy cursing Ubi

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

Hmm, let's think about this... the best information for the release date of the Wii U version is that they'll maybe make a 2014 release according to Ubisoft, maybe... So if they'd wait for the Wii U version to be finished then we'd probably be looking at a holiday release, "what's wrong with holidays?" you might think, well look at Watchdogs, last year it was on of the most hyped games, but with every month that game doesn't release the hype has been steadily diminishing. I've been constantly seeing people say things like "I used to be really interested in this game but now I don't care anymore", so thinking that the game wouldn't lose sales and therefore money if it takes even more time in development is stupid.

Also which games release in May on the PS and Xbox consoles? Pretty much nothing noteworthy. What releases in the holidays? Everything. Cod, Fifa, AC, Destiny, The Order, Halo and probably alot more. So in the holidays competition would be much stiffer, which would mean that marketing expenses would need to be higher and that the game would cause of its very diminished hype lose many sales to other games.

Now you're probably thinking "but the same applies to the Wii U version" and to that the answer is simple: Sales the Ps4/X1/PS3/360/Wii U versions of the game would lose by pushing the game to the holidays > sales they're losing on the Wii U version by releasing it later than the other versions. The Wii U version is by far the least important version of the game and was always only going to sell a fraction of what the other versions are going to sell.

So, saying that having a finished game and not selling it can't lose you money is absolutely wrong.

with resources being TAKEN FROM THE WII U VERSION, of course it isn't scheduled to be released soon. had they kept each team with each version, they'd be all ready a little later than the current may 27.

Let me draw again: the wii u version is halted and there are still two and a half months untill the other versions release. when that happens, the development of the wii u version will have to cover that ground.

again: a wii u version would be finished far before, if the team had kept working on it, and all version would be released only a little later than may 27. maybe july, if ubisoft is really incompetent.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

with resources being TAKEN FROM THE WII U VERSION, of course it isn't scheduled to be released soon. had they kept each team with each version, they'd be all ready a little later than the current may 27.

Let me draw again: the wii u version is halted and there are still two and a half months untill the other versions release. when that happens, the development of the wii u version will have to cover that ground.

again: a wii u version would be finished far before, if the team had kept working on it, and all version would be released only a little later than may 27. maybe july, if ubisoft is really incompetent.

Total bullshit. Take away 2 1/2 months of work until may 27 and the game might not even release in 2014, but work these 2 1/2 months on the version and the game should be done not long after may 27?? That makes no sense at all.

Get over it. If people want it, they should buy it. If you don't want to, than feel free not to. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Slarvax said:

Hear me out! Yes, I know Nintendo needs 3rd party support to survive, and yes, I know that if we want that to happen, we'll have to buy 3rd party games... But they're not respecting us! They did release AC IV on time, and there's no excuse for that game to sell as bad as it did and that is our fault... But with WatchDogs, we're not only getting it in a "possible" 2014 date! We'll probably get the last gen version of it, or even worse! I'm not saying that we should get the definitive version, but if they're delaying to concentrate on the important console (AKA they don't care about us!), then we should, at least... at least get a better value for the game! It's not like a time exclusive, or a delay to make a simultanous release (like they did with Rayman Legends), they just thought: "Let's fuck those Nintendo fans, because they don't already get enough of that!"

And if you NEED to have WatchDogs, get it on another system or used... Don't let them take advantage of you! I prefer no 3rd parties over greedy and egocentric devs.

EDIT: I feel you guys didn't understand me. I'm no trying this to get better or more support, I'm trying it because I can't put up with what they did! Imagine you have an Xboxone/PS4, and you're version of FFVX was delayed seven months to have a simultaneous release with Wii U (I said imagine!)... It makes you angry, right? Well, to make it up to you, they delay your KHIII version with a vague "possible" 2015 release date, because they want to release the iimportant versions first, AKA they don't care about you!

You are coming off as a bit self righteous. If this was a real world issue I would understand your take on this, but it's just a game. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I am pretty sure this thread convinced many Wii U owners to cancel their Watch Dogs preorders.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nah, it's been quite entertaining, actually.