By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

Just buy the game if you want it. Simples

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

It is ubisoft's job to manage their resources and release everything on time. with this move, they are calling nintendo consumers second class buyers. and when you consider what they did with rayman legends last year, it's as unprofessional and biased as it can get.

I appreciate what you mean about making nintendo consumers feel like second class buyers. I remember feeling angry when the Rayman Legends was delayed to include the other platforms. But it's not unprofessional, and it's not biased. It's business is, and it's about making money at the end of the day, which means they have more money to invest in making more games.

Even with the additional sales of the other platforms, Rayman still didn't meet its sales targets. But at least it did three times better than it might have done if it was just a Wii U exclusive. Plus, because of the delay, we got 30 more levels, extra bosses, and just a generally better game all round.

They made the best of the situation, not just for themselves but for the consumers, too.

NO ONE is complaining about rayman being a multiplatform. but they could have released the FINISHED product in february, waited a couple of months and then announce a ps360 version instead of delaying the wii u version two weeks before release. the wii u version would have sold more while the ps360 could get the 30 extra levels and sell the same as they did while wii u owners wouldn't be pissed.

now, watch dogs didn't have a specific date and the wii u version had been confirmed for one year. if they had to delay everything a little more, so be it.

the problem is people thinking this is right and even enjoying that wii u is getting a late version but I bet they would have a meltdown if it was the ps4 or xone version instead. Pathetic hipocrisy.

Maybe because people actually intend on buying it on those platforms?

Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

amazing "arguments". well, part of this "job" of making money includes marketing the damn thing and not pissing customers. a good way of not pissing customers is not giving them a product that is months late and expect them to like it.

A better way of not pissing customers is not giving them a half-finished product on time and expecting them to like it.

when did I suggest that?

rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:

NO ONE is complaining about rayman being a multiplatform. but they could have released the FINISHED product in february, waited a couple of months and then announce a ps360 version instead of delaying the wii u version two weeks before release. the wii u version would have sold more while the ps360 could get the 30 extra levels and sell the same as they did while wii u owners wouldn't be pissed.

now, watch dogs didn't have a specific date and the wii u version had been confirmed for one year. if they had to delay everything a little more, so be it.

the problem is people thinking this is right and even enjoying that wii u is getting a late version but I bet they would have a meltdown if it was the ps4 or xone version instead. Pathetic hipocrisy.

that's exactly the kind of hipocrisy I was talking about. unless you didn't notice, people were going to buy the wii u version too.

I was strongly anticipating the game... now it's in limbo in my books.

If they release it close to the other versions, I'll get it. If they release it with significant additional content to make up for the delay, I'll get it. If they release it at a discounted price such that it is at least slightly cheaper than the current (at the time) cost of the other versions, I'll get it.

If the only difference between the versions is that they've added Upad controls, they release it with a significant delay, and they charge full price for it, then I'll be looking for a different third party game to buy instead - I'll just go one further down on my "list" of third-party titles that I'm interested in.

In my opinion, this is the best approach to the situation. No net harm to third-party situation, but no support for disrespectful attitudes.

Mind you, I'm still waiting for a member of the so-called "gaming media" to actually ask Ubisoft how they justify this after the excuse they gave for the Rayman Legends delay. It seems to me that any real journalist would have asked the equivalent question by now. Sadly, the "gaming media" is nothing more than a heap of sycophants and trolls, more interested in clickbait, or sucking up to the industry for favours and freebies.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:

that's exactly the kind of hipocrisy I was talking about. unless you didn't notice, people were going to buy the wii u version too.

So you honestly think it would have sold 1/4th what the next lowest selling platform would have?

For the record I own a Wii U

rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:
rolltide101x said:

So you honestly think it would have sold 1/4th what the next lowest selling platform would have?

US preorders show the wii u version with over half of the pc version (the second lowest) and more than 1/4 of either ps3 or 360 versions. and again, this proportion could get even better with proper advertising.

Zero999 said:
rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:
rolltide101x said:

US preorders show the wii u version with over half of the pc version (the second lowest) and more than 1/4 of either ps3 or 360 versions. and again, this proportion could get even better with proper advertising.

Are the numbers counting Steam or not? If they are not counting Steam they are to skewed to even consider

Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

amazing "arguments". well, part of this "job" of making money includes marketing the damn thing and not pissing customers. a good way of not pissing customers is not giving them a product that is months late and expect them to like it.

A better way of not pissing customers is not giving them a half-finished product on time and expecting them to like it.

when did I suggest that?

It's what can be inferred from the majority of posts you've made so far in this thread - describing the decision to delay the Wii U game until it is finished as being "biased", "unprofessional", "disgusting""disrespectful", "makes no sense", and going on to say that "no one is allowed to defend this disgusting move by ubisoft." By who's order is that?

So, if releasing a half-baked version in May to coincide with the other releases isn't what you think should happen after all, what alternative did you have in mind? Delay everything else until the Wii U version is complete and lose even more money? That's the question oniyide asked you yesterday and you still haven't answered it.

I'd be interested to know your solution.

Wii U "fans" aren't buying Wonderful 101, Wii Fit, Pikmin 3, or DKC. I don't think you have anything to worry about with Watchdogs or any third party.

It was never going to sell well on the Wii U.

This is a system that's going to sell some copies of Mario Kart, Smash, and maybe some NFC toys for Nintendo if they're lucky and not a helluva lot else. It's a niche Mario box.