By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

What if this version has some cool Gamepad features that makes the game better ?

it´s just like asking someone to buy the Xbox or PS3 version of Rayman Legends and make them tottally miss the point of the awesome Murphy gameplay. Murphy simply doesn´t make sense on those versions.

Still, I´m gonna wait until it comes out, it´s not one of those games I´m dying for to get.

Around the Network

You cant have it both ways. Not supporting third party just gives validation to the wiiu naysayers.

Look at pre-order charts. They're not buying it anyway. And that's why 3rd parties don't give a shit about Wii U.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
Look at pre-order charts. They're not buying it anyway. And that's why 3rd parties don't give a shit about Wii U.

pre order charts mean nothign on a nintendo system. Nintendo gamers are not desperate to go out and buy day 1. Look at the Wii as an example, how well has mario kart sold? did that game break preorder records like a COD or GTA game would? Nintendo console games have  long legs.

Saying all that, in general a lot of Nintendo gamers are not buying 3rd party games in general if you look at after release sales.

Would have bought it if it came out on the same day as the other versions.
Well now i will just get the PC Version instead, i dont want to wait a few months just to have it on the wii u.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

Just because it would probably be the lowest selling version, doesn't mean it wouldn't sell well. give up, what ubisoft is doing cannot be defended consumers must be treated equaly.

p.s: the responsability for the sales performance of this game is from ubisoft. if preorders seemed lower than the other versions, it is their job to fix it. something like showing actual footage of each version and a downloadable demo would help people make up their minds. that would positively affect all buyers, not only wii u owners.

No it wouldnt thats my point. Judging by preorders AND by even Ubi's own games it would have sold mediocore at best. So they should delay ALL versions of the game and lose out on sales for versions that are actually going to do good to appease a few thousand people who MIGHT get it on WIi U? Is that what they should do? answer the question.

Problem is there is no demo for ANY system, and others are still preordering, there is barely any footage of PS360 version and it has much higher preorders than the WIi U one. So the WIi U is hte problem not the game. Funny every other SKU is getting respectable numbers.

They wouldn't lose any sales of the other versions with a june release, especially with the right advertising.

THEIR OBLIGATION is to release all version simultaneously. and regardless of what you want to believe, there would be hundreds of thousands of wii u sales in the first months.

Brutalyst said:
Its a bit of a catch 22 scenario. Dont forget all these companies that make games do so to make money, if they dont make money then they dont make games.

The Wii U doesnt have a great install base, which is part of the problem, but the other part of the problem is that the consoles power and architecture fall inbetween the current and last gen. So to get the best game out to that console means extra time and resources spent on that format. They cant just port the current gen version to it due to the difference in capabilities (not arguing how big or small that difference is, but its there). If they port the last gen version, you're ending up with a poor quality game that isnt maximizing the capabilities of the Wii U. Even the unique controller adds to the woes of that scenario.

Imagine if you started your own donut shop, and you have 100 regular customers. You can only afford to make one type of donut with a jam centre, and out of your customer 90 love that jam donut, but 10 hate jam and want custard. You only have the resources and team able to make one kind, do you make jam or custard? you could make 100 jam then cut 10 open and scrape out the jam to replace with custard, but those 10 are getting a shoddy product, and arent likely to buy from you again.

All I would say is if the Wii U version of the game after the delayed time for it to be released turned out to be a poor version of the game that hasnt been programed to optimise the system, then rightly so, dont buy it to make a point.

It is ubisoft's job to manage their resources and release everything on time. with this move, they are calling nintendo consumers second class buyers. and when you consider what they did with rayman legends last year, it's as unprofessional and biased as it can get.

Slarvax said:

Hear me out! Yes, I know Nintendo needs 3rd party support to survive, and yes, I know that if we want that to happen, we'll have to buy 3rd party games... But they're not respecting us! They did release AC IV on time, and there's no excuse for that game to sell as bad as it did and that is our fault... But with WatchDogs, we're not only getting it in a "possible" 2014 date! We'll probably get the last gen version of it, or even worse! I'm not saying that we should get the definitive version, but if they're delaying to concentrate on the important console (AKA they don't care about us!), then we should, at least... at least get a better value for the game! It's not like a time exclusive, or a delay to make a simultanous release (like they did with Rayman Legends), they just thought: "Let's fuck those Nintendo fans, because they don't already get enough of that!"

And if you NEED to have WatchDogs, get it on another system or used... Don't let them take advantage of you! I prefer no 3rd parties over greedy and egocentric devs.

EDIT: I feel you guys didn't understand me. I'm no trying this to get better or more support, I'm trying it because I can't put up with what they did! Imagine you have an Xboxone/PS4, and you're version of FFVX was delayed seven months to have a simultaneous release with Wii U (I said imagine!)... It makes you angry, right? Well, to make it up to you, they delay your KHIII version with a vague "possible" 2015 release date, because they want to release the iimportant versions first, AKA they don't care about you!

You ever stop to think maybe it is because ACIV did not sell well that Ubisoft does not want to waste time putting to much effort into the Wii U version when it will certainly sell the least amount of copies? Also the Wii U in terms of power is closer to the PS3/360 than the PS4/One. 

Zero999 said:
Brutalyst said:
Its a bit of a catch 22 scenario. Dont forget all these companies that make games do so to make money, if they dont make money then they dont make games.

The Wii U doesnt have a great install base, which is part of the problem, but the other part of the problem is that the consoles power and architecture fall inbetween the current and last gen. So to get the best game out to that console means extra time and resources spent on that format. They cant just port the current gen version to it due to the difference in capabilities (not arguing how big or small that difference is, but its there). If they port the last gen version, you're ending up with a poor quality game that isnt maximizing the capabilities of the Wii U. Even the unique controller adds to the woes of that scenario.

Imagine if you started your own donut shop, and you have 100 regular customers. You can only afford to make one type of donut with a jam centre, and out of your customer 90 love that jam donut, but 10 hate jam and want custard. You only have the resources and team able to make one kind, do you make jam or custard? you could make 100 jam then cut 10 open and scrape out the jam to replace with custard, but those 10 are getting a shoddy product, and arent likely to buy from you again.

All I would say is if the Wii U version of the game after the delayed time for it to be released turned out to be a poor version of the game that hasnt been programed to optimise the system, then rightly so, dont buy it to make a point.

It is ubisoft's job to manage their resources and release everything on time. with this move, they are calling nintendo consumers second class buyers. and when you consider what they did with rayman legends last year, it's as unprofessional and biased as it can get.

Ubisoft's only "job" is to make money. If the Wii U does not fit into that mold that is Nintendo's problem not theirs

Slarvax said:

They did release AC IV on time, and there's no excuse for that game to sell as bad as it did and that is our fault...

I prefer no 3rd parties over greedy and egocentric devs.

Damn those greedy and egocentric devs!