By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:

It is ubisoft's job to manage their resources and release everything on time. with this move, they are calling nintendo consumers second class buyers. and when you consider what they did with rayman legends last year, it's as unprofessional and biased as it can get.

Ubisoft's only "job" is to make money. If the Wii U does not fit into that mold that is Nintendo's problem not theirs

amazing "arguments". well, part of this "job" of making money includes marketing the damn thing and not pissing customers. a good way of not pissing customers is not giving them a product that is months late and expect them to like it.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

Just because it would probably be the lowest selling version, doesn't mean it wouldn't sell well. give up, what ubisoft is doing cannot be defended consumers must be treated equaly.

p.s: the responsability for the sales performance of this game is from ubisoft. if preorders seemed lower than the other versions, it is their job to fix it. something like showing actual footage of each version and a downloadable demo would help people make up their minds. that would positively affect all buyers, not only wii u owners.

No it wouldnt thats my point. Judging by preorders AND by even Ubi's own games it would have sold mediocore at best. So they should delay ALL versions of the game and lose out on sales for versions that are actually going to do good to appease a few thousand people who MIGHT get it on WIi U? Is that what they should do? answer the question.

Problem is there is no demo for ANY system, and others are still preordering, there is barely any footage of PS360 version and it has much higher preorders than the WIi U one. So the WIi U is hte problem not the game. Funny every other SKU is getting respectable numbers.

They wouldn't lose any sales of the other versions with a june release, especially with the right advertising.

THEIR OBLIGATION is to release all version simultaneously. and regardless of what you want to believe, there would be hundreds of thousands of wii u sales in the first months.

Sometimes it's impossible to meet obligations. And who said the Wii U version would be ready by June? Even a 2014 date is pushing it, at the moment. I'm interested to know how you got to the estimate of hundreds of thousands of Wii U sales...

Zero999 said:
rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:

It is ubisoft's job to manage their resources and release everything on time. with this move, they are calling nintendo consumers second class buyers. and when you consider what they did with rayman legends last year, it's as unprofessional and biased as it can get.

Ubisoft's only "job" is to make money. If the Wii U does not fit into that mold that is Nintendo's problem not theirs

amazing "arguments". well, part of this "job" of making money includes marketing the damn thing and not pissing customers. a good way of not pissing customers is not giving them a product that is months late and expect them to like it.

A better way of not pissing customers is not giving them a half-finished product on time and expecting them to like it.

In the case of Rayman Legends it was just a bad call by Ubi.

In terms of Watch Dogs they probably just need the time to try and get the most optimized game out there, if you would rather they just rush it along then I don't know what to say. They're not going to allocate more resources to a system that has known problems selling third-party titles, and it still needs to look good and run well.

Zero999 said:
Brutalyst said:
Its a bit of a catch 22 scenario. Dont forget all these companies that make games do so to make money, if they dont make money then they dont make games.

The Wii U doesnt have a great install base, which is part of the problem, but the other part of the problem is that the consoles power and architecture fall inbetween the current and last gen. So to get the best game out to that console means extra time and resources spent on that format. They cant just port the current gen version to it due to the difference in capabilities (not arguing how big or small that difference is, but its there). If they port the last gen version, you're ending up with a poor quality game that isnt maximizing the capabilities of the Wii U. Even the unique controller adds to the woes of that scenario.

Imagine if you started your own donut shop, and you have 100 regular customers. You can only afford to make one type of donut with a jam centre, and out of your customer 90 love that jam donut, but 10 hate jam and want custard. You only have the resources and team able to make one kind, do you make jam or custard? you could make 100 jam then cut 10 open and scrape out the jam to replace with custard, but those 10 are getting a shoddy product, and arent likely to buy from you again.

All I would say is if the Wii U version of the game after the delayed time for it to be released turned out to be a poor version of the game that hasnt been programed to optimise the system, then rightly so, dont buy it to make a point.

I appreciate what you mean about making nintendo consumers feel like second class buyers. I remember feeling angry when the Rayman Legends was delayed to include the other platforms. But it's not unprofessional, and it's not biased. It's business is, and it's about making money at the end of the day, which means they have more money to invest in making more games.

Even with the additional sales of the other platforms, Rayman still didn't meet its sales targets. But at least it did three times better than it might have done if it was just a Wii U exclusive. Plus, because of the delay, we got 30 more levels, extra bosses, and just a generally better game all round.

They made the best of the situation, not just for themselves but for the consumers, too.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:

I have also not seen Watch Dogs advertise for any platform other than the PS4.

Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

I appreciate what you mean about making nintendo consumers feel like second class buyers. I remember feeling angry when the Rayman Legends was delayed to include the other platforms. But it's not unprofessional, and it's not biased. It's business is, and it's about making money at the end of the day, which means they have more money to invest in making more games.

Even with the additional sales of the other platforms, Rayman still didn't meet its sales targets. But at least it did three times better than it might have done if it was just a Wii U exclusive. Plus, because of the delay, we got 30 more levels, extra bosses, and just a generally better game all round.

They made the best of the situation, not just for themselves but for the consumers, too.

NO ONE is complaining about rayman being a multiplatform. but they could have released the FINISHED product in february, waited a couple of months and then announce a ps360 version instead of delaying the wii u version two weeks before release. the wii u version would have sold more while the ps360 could get the 30 extra levels and sell the same as they did while wii u owners wouldn't be pissed.

now, watch dogs didn't have a specific date and the wii u version had been confirmed for one year. if they had to delay everything a little more, so be it.

the problem is people thinking this is right and even enjoying that wii u is getting a late version but I bet they would have a meltdown if it was the ps4 or xone version instead. Pathetic hipocrisy.

of course. blame the others. its their fault and no one elses... especially not nintendos who would even think of that. that would be preposterous!

the world is black and white. and everybody knows those filthy publishers are the bad guys. they propably dont even wash there hands after they ve been to the toilet. disgusting!

Hunting Season is done...

Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

NO ONE is complaining about rayman being a multiplatform. but they could have released the FINISHED product in february, waited a couple of months and then announce a ps360 version instead of delaying the wii u version two weeks before release. the wii u version would have sold more while the ps360 could get the 30 extra levels and sell the same as they did while wii u owners wouldn't be pissed.

now, watch dogs didn't have a specific date and the wii u version had been confirmed for one year. if they had to delay everything a little more, so be it.

the problem is people thinking this is right and even enjoying that wii u is getting a late version but I bet they would have a meltdown if it was the ps4 or xone version instead. Pathetic hipocrisy.

Umm, I'm a Wii U owner, and I would have been pissed if I'd have missed out on 30 extra levels for Rayman. I'm a Wii U owner, and I'm happy to wait for a game in the knowledge that it'll be all the better for it. I'm used to waiting for delayed games. Nintendo are renowned for it. But then, I know they'll be well polished games in the end.

[Edit to add] - Watch Dogs may not have had a specific date when it was delayed back in October, but they did say it was delayed until Spring 2014. Now, it is Spring 2014. Do you think they really want to announce a second delay after 6 months of waiting? And if it's true that the Wii U version had already been confirmed for one year from October of last year, (I didn't know that and can't find anything to confirm it) then I really don't understand what the fuss is all about. They're keeping to their promises. Release in Spring 2014, Wii U later.

Well, I find the delay not that bad but it will probably release for 60 bucks in 2015 when you get it already for 8 bucks on PC and 20 bucks on PS4 and Xbox One and that would be a killer for me. I would also never buy Tomb Raider on Xbox One or PS4 because I saw Tomb Raider for 5 bucks on PC in the Winter sale on Amazon (well, I also bought it for that price thx @ Pezus). That would be the reason why I wouldn't buy it as Wii U owner since I would feel stupid.