By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

rolltide101x said:
Slarvax said:

Hear me out! Yes, I know Nintendo needs 3rd party support to survive, and yes, I know that if we want that to happen, we'll have to buy 3rd party games... But they're not respecting us! They did release AC IV on time, and there's no excuse for that game to sell as bad as it did and that is our fault... But with WatchDogs, we're not only getting it in a "possible" 2014 date! We'll probably get the last gen version of it, or even worse! I'm not saying that we should get the definitive version, but if they're delaying to concentrate on the important console (AKA they don't care about us!), then we should, at least... at least get a better value for the game! It's not like a time exclusive, or a delay to make a simultanous release (like they did with Rayman Legends), they just thought: "Let's fuck those Nintendo fans, because they don't already get enough of that!"

And if you NEED to have WatchDogs, get it on another system or used... Don't let them take advantage of you! I prefer no 3rd parties over greedy and egocentric devs.

EDIT: I feel you guys didn't understand me. I'm no trying this to get better or more support, I'm trying it because I can't put up with what they did! Imagine you have an Xboxone/PS4, and you're version of FFVX was delayed seven months to have a simultaneous release with Wii U (I said imagine!)... It makes you angry, right? Well, to make it up to you, they delay your KHIII version with a vague "possible" 2015 release date, because they want to release the iimportant versions first, AKA they don't care about you!

You ever stop to think maybe it is because ACIV did not sell well that Ubisoft does not want to waste time putting to much effort into the Wii U version when it will certainly sell the least amount of copies? Also the Wii U in terms of power is closer to the PS3/360 than the PS4/One. 

But how much time and money would they waste by releasing the U version at the same time?

That's why I'm so pissed, they have no "real"excuse, but they're doing because fuck the Wii U!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Zoombael said:

of course. blame the others. its their fault and no one elses... especially not nintendos who would even think of that. that would be preposterous!

the world is black and white. and everybody knows those filthy publishers are the bad guys. they propably dont even wash there hands after they ve been to the toilet. disgusting!

That's a whooooole different topic!

But this was my favorite reply, you win the thread.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Cobretti2 said:
ghettoglamour said:
Look at pre-order charts. They're not buying it anyway. And that's why 3rd parties don't give a shit about Wii U.

pre order charts mean nothign on a nintendo system. Nintendo gamers are not desperate to go out and buy day 1. Look at the Wii as an example, how well has mario kart sold? did that game break preorder records like a COD or GTA game would? Nintendo console games have  long legs.

Saying all that, in general a lot of Nintendo gamers are not buying 3rd party games in general if you look at after release sales.

but the conclusion is the same. Ninty gamers arent buying 3rd party. ANd this whole Ninty gamers do not preorder is false and just another excuse made by some to justify poor numbers. Look at this weeks chart is there not a Ninty game or two on it?

TAKE REVENGEANGE ON THESE COMPANIES!!!

I'll but whatever I damn well please to satisfy my gaming needs not an idiotic agenda.

rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:
rolltide101x said:
Zero999 said:
rolltide101x said:

Maybe because people actually intend on buying it on those platforms?

that's exactly the kind of hipocrisy I was talking about. unless you didn't notice, people were going to buy the wii u version too.

So you honestly think it would have sold 1/4th what the next lowest selling platform would have?

For the record I own a Wii U

US preorders show the wii u version with over half of the pc version (the second lowest) and more than 1/4 of either ps3 or 360 versions. and again, this proportion could get even better with proper advertising.

Are the numbers counting Steam or not? If they are not counting Steam they are to skewed to even consider

not to mention those are TERRIBLE numbers anyway. WIi U version has no buisness tracking that badly. It should be at least on par with PS360 period. funny he didnt mention PS4 or one which is the real comparison to make considering they have about the same install base.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
rolltide101x said:
Slarvax said:

Hear me out! Yes, I know Nintendo needs 3rd party support to survive, and yes, I know that if we want that to happen, we'll have to buy 3rd party games... But they're not respecting us! They did release AC IV on time, and there's no excuse for that game to sell as bad as it did and that is our fault... But with WatchDogs, we're not only getting it in a "possible" 2014 date! We'll probably get the last gen version of it, or even worse! I'm not saying that we should get the definitive version, but if they're delaying to concentrate on the important console (AKA they don't care about us!), then we should, at least... at least get a better value for the game! It's not like a time exclusive, or a delay to make a simultanous release (like they did with Rayman Legends), they just thought: "Let's fuck those Nintendo fans, because they don't already get enough of that!"

And if you NEED to have WatchDogs, get it on another system or used... Don't let them take advantage of you! I prefer no 3rd parties over greedy and egocentric devs.

EDIT: I feel you guys didn't understand me. I'm no trying this to get better or more support, I'm trying it because I can't put up with what they did! Imagine you have an Xboxone/PS4, and you're version of FFVX was delayed seven months to have a simultaneous release with Wii U (I said imagine!)... It makes you angry, right? Well, to make it up to you, they delay your KHIII version with a vague "possible" 2015 release date, because they want to release the iimportant versions first, AKA they don't care about you!

You ever stop to think maybe it is because ACIV did not sell well that Ubisoft does not want to waste time putting to much effort into the Wii U version when it will certainly sell the least amount of copies? Also the Wii U in terms of power is closer to the PS3/360 than the PS4/One. 

But how much time and money would they waste by releasing the U version at the same time?

That's why I'm so pissed, they have no "real"excuse, but they're doing because fuck the Wii U!

The WIi U version WONT be ready by May. Why is this hard to uderstand? Unless you want a broken game to be released then you will just complain about that.

If we buy, third parties will see that we are okay with inferior products that lack dlc/features and proceed to keep giving us those inferior products.

If we don't buy, third parties will use it as an excuse to never release their games cuz they don't sell as much as on the other consoles.

Being a Nintendo fan who likes third party games on his/hers Nintendo console is suffering. Thankfully i'm not and can go the rest of the generation with just MK8/SSB4. Good luck to the rest of you that want 3rd party games!

Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

amazing "arguments". well, part of this "job" of making money includes marketing the damn thing and not pissing customers. a good way of not pissing customers is not giving them a product that is months late and expect them to like it.

A better way of not pissing customers is not giving them a half-finished product on time and expecting them to like it.

when did I suggest that?

It's what can be inferred from the majority of posts you've made so far in this thread - describing the decision to delay the Wii U game until it is finished as being "biased", "unprofessional", "disgusting""disrespectful", "makes no sense", and going on to say that "no one is allowed to defend this disgusting move by ubisoft." By who's order is that?

So, if releasing a half-baked version in May to coincide with the other releases isn't what you think should happen after all, what alternative did you have in mind? Delay everything else until the Wii U version is complete and lose even more money? That's the question oniyide asked you yesterday and you still haven't answered it.

I'd be interested to know your solution.

I already said countless times that they should release every version simultaneously, all completely FINISHED.

oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
ghettoglamour said:
Look at pre-order charts. They're not buying it anyway. And that's why 3rd parties don't give a shit about Wii U.

pre order charts mean nothign on a nintendo system. Nintendo gamers are not desperate to go out and buy day 1. Look at the Wii as an example, how well has mario kart sold? did that game break preorder records like a COD or GTA game would? Nintendo console games have  long legs.

Saying all that, in general a lot of Nintendo gamers are not buying 3rd party games in general if you look at after release sales.

but the conclusion is the same. Ninty gamers arent buying 3rd party. ANd this whole Ninty gamers do not preorder is false and just another excuse made by some to justify poor numbers. Look at this weeks chart is there not a Ninty game or two on it?

I nver said the conclusion wasn't the same, however using preorders on a Nintendo system to guage anything is pointless. Preorder on Nintendo systems traditionally are very small compared to those big games on other systems I mentioned above. They however have long legs.

Saying all that we all know Wii U is in trouble as no game seems to be maintaining legs. This is the data that is telling us the story.

Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
ghettoglamour said:

I nver said the conclusion wasn't the same, however using preorders on a Nintendo system to guage anything is pointless. Preorder on Nintendo systems traditionally are very small compared to those big games on other systems I mentioned above. They however have long legs.

Saying all that we all know Wii U is in trouble as no game seems to be maintaining legs. This is the data that is telling us the story.

fair enough, they dont preorder in the numbers that others do, BUT they do preorder. Damn near every Ninty game has been on the charts at some point, which isnt much I can say for 3rd party games. But it comes down to Ninty games being more popular on the Ninty console of course. 

Let me put it this way, has their been a 3rd party game NOT on the preorder charts that went on to do well?