By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBone outsells PS4 in both USA and UK

Zappykins said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:

It took me a second to realize that you were talking about the numbers on the left, not the right.

Maybe Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare was just THAT GOOD? (I kid, I kid, yet It does look like lots of fun to play.)

And yes, without TitanFall. The next few weeks should be really interesting as we will have time with TitanFall. I can see the numbers on the right side flipping too.

Hey, as expected the PS4 had a great launch. But when things turn out to be not as reported, it's not going to help you. It's like that guy's gift, never celebrate too soon.

I hope you take your own advice. 

I have a great new Xbox One - I celebrate all the time!

Good Times

And I just found my old Nintendo 64 other day. Great times to be a gamer. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:

It took me a second to realize that you were talking about the numbers on the left, not the right.

Maybe Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare was just THAT GOOD? (I kid, I kid, yet It does look like lots of fun to play.)

And yes, without TitanFall. The next few weeks should be really interesting as we will have time with TitanFall. I can see the numbers on the right side flipping too.

Hey, as expected the PS4 had a great launch. But when things turn out to be not as reported, it's not going to help you. It's like that guy's gift, never celebrate too soon.

You mean this one Below, Yes my gif shows exactly what can happen and what has happened many times. Four months in and we got people puffing on cigars. Your talking about a company that has many options at their finger tips. Before launch people where saying Xbox wouldn't hit a million sold for up to 3 months. LOL Xbox turned around a horrible Launch campaign and can easily turn around sales. $100 cut in the fall and people will be running to the store.

Who the hell said that?

Nobody did. And if someone did: you're an idiot if you did.

Max King of the Wild said:
cusman said:
I don't think inFamous will put a dent in the TitanFall momentum XBO is surely to generate. I don't see that momentum lapsing until some new major 3rd party game comes out. I am thinking Destiny and at that point if the PS4 is better and has the exclusive content, that might get some momentum back to Sony.

Momentum back? lol it never lost momentum. Actually, it gained some from Japan. Ps4 is steam rolling right now. 6m confirmed in 3.5months

Exactly, it just blows my mind how people think Titanfall make any impact on PS4 sales. That's just absurd. 

Gremdude said:
pezus said:

UK Hardware by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
XOne 7,981 (+32%) 456,265
PS4 7,756 (-27%) 693,937

USA Hardware by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
XOne 43,627 (+18%) 2,272,024
PS4 39,559 (-23%) 2,563,539

End of an era or just a fluke?

UK difference is 200 units! And as I understand it, the PS4 is still totally unavailable there! Plus only 4k difference in US? PS4 only available on Amazon right now and in first place for the last week. Meanwhile Xbone widely available. Too soon to make any predictions here!

Shhhh, no logic allowed in this thread. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

cusman said:
I don't think inFamous will put a dent in the TitanFall momentum XBO is surely to generate. I don't see that momentum lapsing until some new major 3rd party game comes out. I am thinking Destiny and at that point if the PS4 is better and has the exclusive content, that might get some momentum back to Sony.

TF driving Xb one sales for 6 months? How 'bout no. You must recall that in 2 weeks for current 360 owners TF will be available for $60 rather than $499. It's got to be very tempting to stay with 360 and wait until a FPS actually exclusive to Xb one comes out. Halo 5 is the game that drives Xb one sales for months. TF has a few weeks effect only. It's the natrure of multiplatform games to have a reduced hardware pushing effect. It's why consoles have true exclusives.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Hold on wait a minute,how exactly was Xbox One's Launch bad by any means? This whole idea of a turn around is ludicrous because the only reason Xbox is doing all of these actions to drive up the value of their console, is because the Playstation is trending above the Wii right now.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

If for stock hahahha (ironic)..always the same..is a big lie...Great XO...Please let the two consoles coexist together

binary solo said:
pezus said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:

You mean this one Below, Yes my gif shows exactly what can happen and what has happened many times. Four months in and we got people puffing on cigars. Your talking about a company that has many options at their finger tips. Before launch people where saying Xbox wouldn't hit a million sold for up to 3 months. LOL Xbox turned around a horrible Launch campaign and can easily turn around sales. $100 cut in the fall and people will be running to the store.

The only time I remember that happening is with PS3 vs. 360...and it took a very very long time. When did it happen before?

PS3 vs. 360 isn't even an example. The only reason 360 had a lead was because of the 1 year head start. PS3 outsold 360 nearly every year that both were on the market, which does not appear to be the case with PS4 vs Xb one. And finally that was a 2nd / 3rd competition, Wii still won the generation. So the situation is not comparable at all.

The only real examples are 360 vs Wii in USA and UK, and PS3 vs Wii in a handful of minor markets. And in the case of 360 vs. Wii it was because Wii sales died off rapidly. But on a global basis there are no examples of come from behind victories in the entire history of game consoles (i.e. taking #1 spot). At the 6 months after launch mark if one console has a clear lead then there is a high probability that console will win the generation. At least that's been the case over the last few generations.

People think Xb one can do a PS3. But 360 is only the 5th best selling console of all time, whereas PS2 was the best selling console of all time, by a huge margin. So the customer base for Xb one to work with is nothing like the customer base PS3 had to work with. OTOH Xb one may be headed for a PS3 like result in that it could be looking at about 50% of the sales of 360.

This. Summed up that argument perfectly. This ends that. Perfectly said. 

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Hold on wait a minute,how exactly was Xbox One's Launch bad by any means? This whole idea of a turn around is ludicrous because the only reason Xbox is doing all of these actions to drive up the value of their console, is because the Playstation is trending above the Wii right now.

Even the Wii U had a big launch, that doesn't mean anything. The issue is the X1 has dropped like a stone ever since the end of Dec.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

The X1 did great for the first two months, but in 2014 its sales have dropped fast. Pretty similar to the Wii U's launch.

Comparing XBONE early 2014 to 360 early 2006 shows a sizable drop. 360 was doing considerably better for the first few months of its first full year. People think of the 360 as doing good though, so this stat on its own isn't that harsh. Tracking below the PS3 for the same timeframe however is.

XBONE has done 527k for 2014 year to date. PS3 did 701k for its comparable time frame. Even more troubling is that the PS3 had yet to release in Europe, its strongest market, at this time in history. XBONE sales right now are bad.