By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBone outsells PS4 in both USA and UK

Oh my goodness. I seriously can't stand you Pezus, why are you so Microsoft biased?!

Around the Network

The PS4 is pretty non-existent in the UK as far as I can see. Stock is incredibly limited.

I think it may have to do with Sony allocating a lot of stock to the Japanese launch.

I would only ever make any conclusions when stock for the PS4 is readily available.

PS4 was out of stock, X1 was not.

it was fun while it lasted.
can the ps4 make a comeback ? we will see in the coming weeks.

Vasto said:
Microsoft knows what they are doing.

Hmm, even if I'm one of the biggest proponents for not discounting the One in the 8th gen by any means; I gotta say that this is exatly what Nintendo fans have been saying for 3-4 years now.

The fact that Kinect is a pack-in and mandatory and the price being so high, paired with the ridiculous attempt at DRM apartheid last year, suggests to me that Microsoft don't always know what they're doing, not unlike Sony at the beginning of the 7th gen. I do think they'll be fine in the 8th gen though, they built a strong customer base and very good developer ties in the 7th gen, they were by far the most successful in terms of increased support.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Vasto said:

Hmm, even if I'm one of the biggest proponents for not discounting the One in the 8th gen by any means; I gotta say that this is exatly what Nintendo fans have been saying for 3-4 years now.

The fact that Kinect is a pack-in and mandatory and the price being so high, paired with the ridiculous attempt at DRM apartheid last year, suggests to me that Microsoft don't always know what they're doing, not unlike Sony at the beginning of the 7th gen. I do think they'll be fine in the 8th gen though, they built a strong customer base and very good developer ties in the 7th gen, they were by far the most successful in terms of increased support.

The can do what ever they want. They are the King Of Kings.

pezus said:
Vasto said:

Sure hasn't looked like it for about a year now

This.

After 360 I was expecting a much better console from MS.   XOne is the most disappointing MS console, my opinion; it could be the 1st MS console I will not buy.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Vasto said:
Mummelmann said:
Vasto said:

The can do what ever they want. They are the King Of Kings.

Well, that's one way of looking at it. But if they want to gain marketshare, not lose their customer base and support and not bleed money in the console division for years to come; they can't simply "do whatever they want". Besides; I believe that "whatever they want" is to improve the sales situation and relevance in the market place. They won't keep on being silly out of spite, they don't actually enjoy having investors raging and with the leadership being fragmented and running several divisions, all chasing the highest potential profit; they actually can't do whatever they want, no company can.

This is not some pharaoh of ancient times; this is a company with share-holders and a leadership that is already somewhat critical of the xbox division.

It took me a second to realize that you were talking about the numbers on the left, not the right.

Maybe Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare was just THAT GOOD? (I kid, I kid, yet It does look like lots of fun to play.)

And yes, without TitanFall. The next few weeks should be really interesting as we will have time with TitanFall. I can see the numbers on the right side flipping too.

Hey, as expected the PS4 had a great launch. But when things turn out to be not as reported, it's not going to help you. It's like that guy's gift, never celebrate too soon.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:

It took me a second to realize that you were talking about the numbers on the left, not the right.

Maybe Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare was just THAT GOOD? (I kid, I kid, yet It does look like lots of fun to play.)

And yes, without TitanFall. The next few weeks should be really interesting as we will have time with TitanFall. I can see the numbers on the right side flipping too.

Hey, as expected the PS4 had a great launch. But when things turn out to be not as reported, it's not going to help you. It's like that guy's gift, never celebrate too soon.

I hope you take your own advice. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!