By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW Up March 1st

Where the hell are ths PS3/360 versions of Thief in USA?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

you wish. another big drop for ps4 on japan next week. and WIi U could raise, if it isn't undertracked already.

Lol?

Why could WiiU raise and why would it be undertracked? It's more likely that it's overtracked, given its sales history. It will also keep falling due to DK's minor boost completely going away. 

A 20k drop for PS4 next week in Japan would keep it above WiiU WW sales. I would personally expect something like 35-40k for both systems, which is why I said this was getting interesting.

bolded: it's more likely to be undertracked.

and a 20k drop would put ps4 at 32k, but it's probably gonna drop to 25k or less.

i think you're also confusing DK with games on other systems. it won't magically stop selling.

Why do u think its undertracked?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:

bolded: it's more likely to be undertracked.

and a 20k drop would put ps4 at 32k, but it's probably gonna drop to 25k or less.

i think you're also confusing DK with games on other systems. it won't magically stop selling.

Why do u think its undertracked?

numbers seem too low and vgc is geting the bad habit of alternating between months of overtrack and undertrack.

Pretty sure the NA EU numbers are higher for PS4. Pretty sure vgc just took the gap between what MC reported for Japan and made the difference = name numbers. Sony said it reached 6 mil. They did no say exactly 6 mil in sales.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

lucidium said:
Due to the heavy bundling for xbox one titanfall, i suspect their will be a soft rise and fall of console weekly totals rather than a sharp and high spike, will be back down to sub-60k within 3 weeks, and ps4 will settle in at 85-95k due to japan.

was a great try MS, it really was, but far short of a miracle, second place is your new goal.

Those aren't Titanfall Xbox One's.... They don't give the game away that early mate.

Around the Network

I'm wondering what VGC's thought process regarding Vita in Europe is at the moment. Early last year, we saw the exact same thing, in that WiiU tracked above it pretty much throughout Q1 and then by the time Nintendo released their platform breakdown we saw that Vita was above WiiU, which led to sweeping adjustments. It seems they've made the same assumption again this year and I'm wondering whether it's going to be another repeat of adjustments soon.

Poor opening for Thief, really. Decent opening for Tales of Symphonia but I'm guessing it's overtracked.

However, bomba of the week goes to Castlevania. Good lord, if those numbers are even close to correct then that's really quite shocking.

Gran Turismo 6 hit the 1m milestone in Europe this week, btw. And it has 2.05m ww sales. As if we didn't already know where the GT powerhouse is, more evidence :P

Kresnik said:

Gran Turismo 6 hit the 1m milestone in Europe this week, btw. And it has 2.05m ww sales. As if we didn't already know where the GT powerhouse is, more evidence :P

Vg bad guesses is evidence of what exactly ?

Wanna bet its under tracked at least by a million when PD releases official numbers ?

Id even guess it will get that 1m bump in europe alone, Vg cant track GT at all and have proven so with their countless readjustments up and down.  Some can be atributed to digital of course, but like with GT5 numbers will show they are way of.  (werent they of by 1.5 million as far as their early Gt5 numbers)

I guess with the people saying 360 is dead noone seems to notice that it is still a software dominator. Going to pass the Wii soon WW.

tagged

I really hope those Castlevania numbers are spot on

Time to get IGA out of the basement :D

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?