By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW Up March 1st

Soundwave said:
zorg1000 said:
mikeslemonadeFromN4G said:
oniyide said:
kirby007 said:
oniyide said:
we werent talking strictly consoles and ill give you DD forgot about that. BUt 64 sold just as well and that was on a system that sold about 50mil? hardly 30% or 1/3

32 million

ah f**k. I honestly thought it sold more than that and i dont know why. thats not good. Ok carry on I think buy an n64 on the cheap now

Yea I remember the numbers.  It's 60, 40, 30, 20, 100, ?.  But certainly the 32 mil is puzzling because N64 has always been regarded as a successful system with great games.   Possibly the most controversial system ever made in terms of success. 

Actually SNES was more like 50 million, not 40 million.

N64 is considered a success mostly because it sold very well in America, over 20 million which is similar to PS3. It did pretty poorly everyehere else

I almost think the majority difference between the N64 and GameCube boiled down to two games -- GoldenEye and Mario 64, to which the GCN simply had no real equivalent. GoldenEye carried the N64 almost single handedly until Zelda: OoT was ready. 

Well what happened to me personally was I went with N64 because when I was just a little kid it was cheaper than PS1.  But when the next generation came along PS2 came out first and I could afford a PS2. 

I felt like 1996 and 1997 was when that was a turning point in games.  That's when it felt like lots of people started to get into games.  Of which that would reflect on sales because PS1 was the first to get to 100 mil by the end of that generation.

Around the Network

I wonder where will the PS4 Japan sales stabilize.

Soundwave said:
If MS can get even a $50 price cut in the next couple of months and Titanfall becomes a hit, they may have a shot in the US market.

That's a reasonably balanced assessment of Xb one's prospects. Though I think $50 cuts are rather piecemeal. I reckon MS should try to hold out until they can afford a $100 price cut. The market reacts much more strongly when the hundred unit drops.  MS does need to close that price gap though, no doubt, and if they wait until they can afford a $100 drop then it probably means Sony can afford to do the same. Of course MS can afford a $100 price cut right now, but I think the Xb division has to prove to the MS board that is can actually be profitable in order to ensure a long term future for the brand.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

AshKetchum1992 said:

15-20K I reckon. Nothing particularly grand.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

AshKetchum1992 said:

Well, if it follows the US and EU patern it will stabilze at 1/20 of launch week, so about 15k a week, but probaly 20-25k.

Around the Network

And Castlevania completely bombed

I don't understand why XBO is getting a boost in the US considering the Titanfall bundle is right around the corner. Wouldn't most people just wait for that? Is Plant vs Zombies really that big a system seller?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Excellent! Xbox One is already starting to take the US *rubs hands and chuckles*

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

roivas2 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Xbone beat the PS4 in NA...

Uh, congrats on barely outselling a product in very high demand and limited supply... I guess

Why so petty? It's their only victory since launch? Why can't you just let them have it? -.-

Fusioncode said:
I don't understand why XBO is getting a boost in the US considering the Titanfall bundle is right around the corner. Wouldn't most people just wait for that? Is Plant vs Zombies really that big a system seller?

A little surprised myself, but not everyone is a titanfall fan. I have 2 friends that purchased last week purely for PvZ