By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW Up March 1st

kowenicki said:
chapset said:
kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

For what it's worth, here in France the PS4 hasn't been in stock at Amazon.fr for at least 5 weeks and it's still not in stock.
also stock just became available on amazon.com (US) earlier this week. We'll see next week what the PS4 sell if stock is replenished.

So its been out of stock for 5 weeks... and yet we have healthy sales numbers in Europe for the last 5 weeks.

You cant have it both ways.

hmmm maybe because amazon.fr doesn't equal the whole french market and france is not even the biggest market in EU

Every poster here says its out of stock... all the time.

Where the hell are they being sold? lol

In stores, online. They're not saying the PS4 isn't selling, just that it's constantly out of stock, which is completely true. It can sell healthily (and has) but the fact is there's just not enough. So even though Sony is getting PS4s out there, they run out so fast that it seems they're not really shipping much (when in fact, they're just not shipping enough). 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

If it´s aout of stock all the time shouldn´t sales be zero?

So, where and how in NA last week 50K PS4 where sold? 

Tropical Freeze is the only reason Wii U is still above 30k! :)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

kowenicki said:
chapset said:
kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

For what it's worth, here in France the PS4 hasn't been in stock at Amazon.fr for at least 5 weeks and it's still not in stock.
also stock just became available on amazon.com (US) earlier this week. We'll see next week what the PS4 sell if stock is replenished.

So its been out of stock for 5 weeks... and yet we have healthy sales numbers in Europe for the last 5 weeks.

hmmm maybe because amazon.fr doesn't equal the whole french market and france is not even the biggest market in EU

Dont pretend you dont know exactly what people mean.

Obviously there are shipments, but they sell out very quickly, if there was more supply sales would be alot higher, and you know this very well. 

kowenicki said:
chapset said:
kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

I know you're acting like you don't get it, but the out of stock doesn't mean you can't buy one. It just means not enough units for everyone trying to buy one. Otherwise sales would be ZERO.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
kowenicki said:

If it´s aout of stock all the time shouldn´t sales be zero?

So, where and how in NA last week 50K PS4 where sold? 

Another one pretending they dont know what people mean, to try and score points.

Amazing. 

kowenicki said:
wary-wallaroo said:
kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

Yes, you can. It's selling well in Europe because there's still consoles, the issue is they disappear very quick since they pretty much don't last on shelfs, there's just not enough. Now imagine if there was stable stock? Same thing here in NA, while the current shipment seems to be lasting (at least, going by Amazon), in the past it would come in stock and sell out within hours and then we wouldn't see any for a while. Personally, I've yet to see a PS4 in the wild.

Ok... I'll humour you, lets imagine together,

Stable stock from tomorrow... what would the sales be weekly?

I suggest they wouldn't be much different.  Your turn.

I couldn't answer that as I've no idea what the full demand is, you'll have to ask an analyst with numbers; however, given that it's selling well with heavy supply constraints, it's only safe to assume that it'd sell more if there was stable supply. It's illogical to think otherwise. I'm just going by what I see here. 

WOW, castlevania los: Hiroshima edition

kowenicki said:
chapset said:
kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

Not in France. That I can tell you. Also my local "game" shop (Micromania) have not been able to get the console in stock since january the 18th...

And they expect a replenishment at the end of march...

I'm quite sure that SCEE gave priority for the UK from mid january to mid march  

It's sold out because it's selling hard. Simple as that...