By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW Up March 1st

kowenicki said:
chapset said:
kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

For what it's worth, here in France the PS4 hasn't been in stock at Amazon.fr for at least 5 weeks and it's still not in stock.
also stock just became available on amazon.com (US) earlier this week. We'll see next week what the PS4 sell if stock is replenished.

So its been out of stock for 5 weeks... and yet we have healthy sales numbers in Europe for the last 5 weeks.

You cant have it both ways.

hmmm maybe because amazon.fr doesn't equal the whole french market and france is not even the biggest market in EU

Every poster here says its out of stock... all the time.

Where the hell are they being sold? lol

not out of stock low supply, we have seen this before in the US when the great ethomaz predicted the numbers would go up once the supply chain has enough in stock and it did but afther the japanese launch the supply went thin again. Even in the latest famitsu it said it was in low supply in japan the week after launch.

一方、ハード市場では、発売2週目となるプレイステーション4が品薄ながら5.3万台を売り上げ、2週連続のトップとなっている。

translate: On the other hand, in the hard market, PlayStation 4 for the second week of release sales to 53,000 units while in short supply, it is the top of two consecutive weeks.

It's from the last line here http://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

WOW, castlevania los: Hiroshima edition

I dont get this.

There are no numbers on it. It shows N/A on the website page for the game. How can you guys claim to know the sales? Did i miss something? It seems to be ntracked so far. In the local media markt i bought my copy in they had a full shelf of them and it was selling decently. It cant be that terrible.

kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

For what it's worth, here in France the PS4 hasn't been in stock at Amazon.fr for at least 5 weeks and it's still not in stock.
also stock just became available on amazon.com (US) earlier this week. We'll see next week what the PS4 sell if stock is replenished.

So its been out of stock for 5 weeks... and yet we have healthy sales numbers in Europe for the last 5 weeks.

You cant have it both ways.

What??? You can't understand something as simple as that???

It's out of stock because it is selling really well, hence it has healthy sales, while being out of stock most of the time.

Damn, is something this simple, so hard to understand???

pezus said:

My bet with Zero is certainly getting interesting. WiiU at 39k this week, likely slightly lower next week. Wonder what PS4 sells next week in Japan.

This was one of those weeks where virtually no PS4's could be found. Next week will be way better (this week in real time).

XBone clearly has the US won over PS4. It's over it this week without TF!

Same thing happened in january untill npd put things back in line

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

kowenicki said:
tpjp said:
Great, Vita still holding up. Selling more than X360.

Such an achievement.  Are you serious?

hi kowen

whats that gif you have in your sig? its creepy as hell

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Sweep said:

Not in France. That I can tell you. Also my local "game" shop (Micromania) have not been able to get the console in stock since january the 18th...

And they expect a replenishment at the end of march...

I'm quite sure that SCEE gave priority for the UK from mid january to mid march  

Don't sweat it, PS4 has been out of stock here in UK. Stock is coming it the week infamous releases.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Nem said:
Zero999 said:

WOW, castlevania los: Hiroshima edition

I dont get this.

There are no numbers on it. It shows N/A on the website page for the game. How can you guys claim to know the sales? Did i miss something? It seems to be ntracked so far. In the local media markt i bought my copy in they had a full shelf of them and it was selling decently. It cant be that terrible.

check US and UK weekly.

kowenicki said:
NewGuy said:
kowenicki said:
We may see negative shipments for the 360 according to VGC in the next Microsoft financials.

The 360 shipped 2.9m for the quarter ending Dec 2013 for a total of 82.9m lifetime.

Pretty much all of them are still available apparently. 2.6m are still in supply according to VGC numbers.

I believe both the PS3 and 360 are undertracked here. I have a sneaking suspicion on the PSP as well, but not as sure on that.

PSP I doubt.  Shipments have been horrible.

PS3 is undertracked by quite a bit 1.9m supply end of Dec.  360 is massively undertracked, 2.9m supply, end of Dec.

PS3 and 360 are essentially tied in shipments, with the 360 slightly ahead as of Dec 2013. By March 2014, PS3 should officialy take the lead.

I do not think you can say with confidence that the 360 is slightly ahead as of Dec 2013.

This is what we know:

360 - 82.9M shipped as of Dec 31st 2013 (numbers from MS)

PS3 - 80M shipped as of Nov 2nd, 2013 (PR statement from Sony)

PS3 + PS4 shipment for 2013 Q3 = 7.8M

PS4 selltrhough as of Dec 28, 2013 = 4.2M (basically sold out)

PS3 shipments Q3 = 7.8M - PS4 shipments for quarter = ~3.6M

It basically really depends on when the extra PS3 numbers were shipped in order for us to know whether or not the PS3 or 360 is ahead as of Dec 31st. However, we can't conclusively say that one is ahead of the other based on what we do know. Sorry about this, I'm a bit anal when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Regarding the PSP, that's why I said I have a suspicion, but couldn't say for sure because it involves a lot of assumptions on my part. Basically I feel shipment is probably over 81M and I do not believe there's a lot of PSPs out in retailer stores at this point. Like I said, lots of assumptions, I might be completely wrong, but it's just the feeling I have.

pezus said:

My bet with Zero is certainly getting interesting. WiiU at 39k this week, likely slightly lower next week. Wonder what PS4 sells next week in Japan.

This was one of those weeks where virtually no PS4's could be found. Next week will be way better (this week in real time).

XBone clearly has the US won over PS4. It's over it this week without TF!

you wish. another big drop for ps4 on japan next week. and WIi U could raise, if it isn't undertracked already.

Decent sales for PS4. At this point it does need some larger titles though. So hopefully with inFamous and likely Driveclub not being too far off it will push some more hardware sales.