By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW Up March 1st

Somini said:
Dark_Feanor said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Dark_Feanor said:
NewGuy said:

So you believe that Sony can only produce about 550k - 570k PS4s a month?

Well, if production started in september and sold 4,2mi by the end of december  then Sony can produce more than 1mi a month.

We are in the 7th month of production, so they would have more than 7mi by the end of this month. Would you think they will sell another 1mi this month?

And where are all these, extra and unsold, PS4 units you speak of?

I stand by my theory that Sony makes between  900K and 950K PS4s a month although it's probably closer to 950K. If we assume that they started production in September then expect sales of just over 6.5 million by the end of this month.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Was this the price cut week from the UK? Seemed to have boosted sales by 4k in europe. Still miserable though.

The Xbox1 is becoming a US only system.

Not bad for 2 days though.

kivi95 said:
Man does Sony have some kind of production problems with PS4? I mean it's mostly sold out everywhere but they should be able to atleast ship 200k for every week.

They are at more than 1M units produced monthly, it surelly should be higher. But the 300k units in Japan last week probably had a big impact in their supply.

For what it's worth, here in France the PS4 hasn't been in stock at Amazon.fr for at least 5 weeks and it's still not in stock.
also stock just became available on amazon.com (US) earlier this week. We'll see next week what the PS4 sell if stock is replenished.

Blood_Tears said:
Nem said:
Was this the price cut week from the UK? Seemed to have boosted sales by 4k in europe. Still miserable though.

The Xbox1 is becoming a US only system.

Not bad for 2 days though.

Yeah... i imagine that whoever wanted one got one in those 2 days. I expect numbers to go down again next week.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Somini said:
Dark_Feanor said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Dark_Feanor said:
NewGuy said:

Well, if production started in september and sold 4,2mi by the end of december  then Sony can produce more than 1mi a month.

We are in the 7th month of production, so they would have more than 7mi by the end of this month. Would you think they will sell another 1mi this month?

I stand by my theory that Sony makes between  900K and 950K PS4s a month although it's probably closer to 950K. If we assume that they started production in September then expect sales of just over 6.5 million by the end of this month.

So presuming they started in september, your only leaving 150k for in stock and supply chain, thats far too low.

Xenostar said:
Normchacho said:
Somini said:
Dark_Feanor said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Dark_Feanor said:
NewGuy said:

So presuming they started in september, your only leaving 150k for in stock and supply chain, thats far too low.

Hmmm good point. I'm not sure how many we can expect to be in the supply chain by the end of this month...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

For what it's worth, here in France the PS4 hasn't been in stock at Amazon.fr for at least 5 weeks and it's still not in stock.
also stock just became available on amazon.com (US) earlier this week. We'll see next week what the PS4 sell if stock is replenished.

So its been out of stock for 5 weeks... and yet we have healthy sales numbers in Europe for the last 5 weeks.

You cant have it both ways.

hmmm maybe because amazon.fr doesn't equal the whole french market and france is not even the biggest market in EU

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

So its been out of stock for 5 weeks... and yet we have healthy sales numbers in Europe for the last 5 weeks.

Yes, you can. It's selling well in Europe because there's still consoles, the issue is they disappear very quick since they pretty much don't last on shelfs, there's just not enough. Now imagine if there was stable stock? Same thing here in NA, while the current shipment seems to be lasting (at least, going by Amazon), in the past it would come in stock and sell out within hours and then we wouldn't see any for a while. Personally, I've yet to see a PS4 in the wild.

kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

Mind reading that again before you jump down this throat?

Bet with Adamblaziken: