By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW Up March 1st

Funny how some act ignorant just to prove illogical points. Kudos.
Amazon uk, game, argos, asda, tesco etc are all out of PS4 stock. With stock expected to come in with infamous bundle and after the 25th of march. Act as ignorant as you want. But fact is, the PS4 has very much limited to no stock with major retailers in UK. I assume its the same in other parts of EU according to other posters here.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
Sweep said:
kowenicki said:
chapset said:
kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

For what it's worth, here in France the PS4 hasn't been in stock at Amazon.fr for at least 5 weeks and it's still not in stock.
also stock just became available on amazon.com (US) earlier this week. We'll see next week what the PS4 sell if stock is replenished.

So its been out of stock for 5 weeks... and yet we have healthy sales numbers in Europe for the last 5 weeks.

You cant have it both ways.

hmmm maybe because amazon.fr doesn't equal the whole french market and france is not even the biggest market in EU

Every poster here says its out of stock... all the time.

Where the hell are they being sold? lol

Not in France. That I can tell you. Also my local "game" shop (Micromania) have not been able to get the console in stock since january the 18th...

And they expect a replenishment at the end of march...

I'm quite sure that SCEE gave priority for the UK from mid january to mid march  

Makes sense to do so, Sony will be comfortably ahead in the rest of the EU, but UK is where the XBO can get its biggest gain (outside of the US, of course).

With that said, there are still supply issues in the UK as well.

All major online retailers were sold out of PS4 until a couple days ago in the US. The PS4 also had no exclusive retail release that week and no special bundle. If retailers don't have the console for sale on their website it means their supplies are too strapped to spare any. In Amazon's case it means it has absolutely zero.

When people say the PS4 is sold out it means that retailers didn't have any to sell online, which is a big deal, and it wasn't easy to find one in stores. My friend had to take a three hour trip to get one about two weeks ago. We've been through this before just to watch the numbers jump up again when retailers sell the console online once more and yet we still have people who downplay "supply constraints". How many times do you guys want to be wrong?

Then on the X1 side we have this. Titanfall Bundle basically giving away their "trump card" for free and a new retail exclusive releasing. Both were available for most or all of that week and the numbers for the X1 in the US went up by about 6,000 or so? It only managed to be enough to surpass a largely unavailable console that week by around 5,000 in North America? I would think that a very available console that just got a new retail exclusive and a bundle giving away its prized title for free not even managing to move 50,000 that week would be cause for serious concern. Looking at the UK, the situation isn't any better.

I was expecting a much larger boost for the X1 than this with all things considered.

We should be getting the February NPD numbers soon right? VGchartz is showing that the Xbox One did nearly 146k in February in the U.S. which is higher than the NPD January numbers...Are they overtracking again?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Wagram said:
Decent sales for PS4. At this point it does need some larger titles though. So hopefully with inFamous and likely Driveclub not being too far off it will push some more hardware sales.

This.

PS4 seems to be slowing down. At this rate it will be caught by the Wii before the holidays. Though I would think that Watch Dogs, MGS and FFXIV will move some consoles as well.

After that the E3 might push some more consoles but then it should drop dead until september.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

People acting like they didn't know every unit Sony is shipping is being sold lol

DENIAL!

kowenicki said:
NewGuy said:
kowenicki said:
NewGuy said:
kowenicki said:
We may see negative shipments for the 360 according to VGC in the next Microsoft financials.

The 360 shipped 2.9m for the quarter ending Dec 2013 for a total of 82.9m lifetime.

Pretty much all of them are still available apparently. 2.6m are still in supply according to VGC numbers.

I believe both the PS3 and 360 are undertracked here. I have a sneaking suspicion on the PSP as well, but not as sure on that.

PSP I doubt.  Shipments have been horrible.

PS3 is undertracked by quite a bit 1.9m supply end of Dec.  360 is massively undertracked, 2.9m supply, end of Dec.

PS3 and 360 are essentially tied in shipments, with the 360 slightly ahead as of Dec 2013. By March 2014, PS3 should officialy take the lead.

I do not think you can say with confidence that the 360 is slightly ahead as of Dec 2013.

This is what we know:

360 - 82.9M shipped as of Dec 31st 2013 (numbers from MS)

PS3 - 80M shipped as of Nov 2nd, 2013 (PR statement from Sony)

PS3 + PS4 shipment for 2013 Q3 = 7.8M

PS4 selltrhough as of Dec 28, 2013 = 4.2M (basically sold out)

PS3 shipments Q3 = 7.8M - PS4 shipments for quarter = ~3.6M

It basically really depends on when the extra PS3 numbers were shipped in order for us to know whether or not the PS3 or 360 is ahead as of Dec 31st. However, we can't conclusively say that one is ahead of the other based on what we do know. Sorry about this, I'm a bit anal when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Regarding the PSP, that's why I said I have a suspicion, but couldn't say for sure because it involves a lot of assumptions on my part. Basically I feel shipment is probably over 81M and I do not believe there's a lot of PSPs out in retailer stores at this point. Like I said, lots of assumptions, I might be completely wrong, but it's just the feeling I have.

YOU are anal?  I dont think you know me very well do you...

I think this is very very accurate: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=129135

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=129135

Heh it's good to be accurate :)

Good charts, but you're also including assumptions there. You cannot know for sure the number shipped from Nov 2nd to Dec 31st for the PS3. Semantics, I know. It's Sony's fault for being so coy with their numbers, I know. Mind you, I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, I am just saying you cannot assertively say that the 360 is ahead of the PS3 in terms of units shipped as of December 31st 2013. You can make an educated guess, as you have made, and that's perfectly fine and quite possibly correct, but you just cannot assert with certainty that that's the case. 

BTW, the 80M PS3 figure is as of Nov 2nd, not Nov 6th. The PR came out on the 6th, but the number is as of Nov 2nd as stated in the document.

Good charts though, thanks for that.

Normchacho said:
We should be getting the February NPD numbers soon right? VGchartz is showing that the Xbox One did nearly 146k in February in the U.S. which is higher than the NPD January numbers...Are they overtracking again?

Historically Feb numbers are greater than Jan numbers. It's quite possible, maybe even likely, that the XBO Feb #s > XBO Jan #s.

The PS4 might break the trend due to supply issues though.

My reaction week ending 29th March

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

kowenicki said:
chapset said:
kowenicki said:
Sweep said:

For what it's worth, here in France the PS4 hasn't been in stock at Amazon.fr for at least 5 weeks and it's still not in stock.
also stock just became available on amazon.com (US) earlier this week. We'll see next week what the PS4 sell if stock is replenished.

So its been out of stock for 5 weeks... and yet we have healthy sales numbers in Europe for the last 5 weeks.

You cant have it both ways.

hmmm maybe because amazon.fr doesn't equal the whole french market and france is not even the biggest market in EU

Every poster here says its out of stock... all the time.

Where the hell are they being sold? lol

They get a shipment and send them instantly to people who preordered. The shelves stay empty.