By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U - Ubisoft reiterates that Watch Dogs is still coming to Wii U.

Wow, this just gets me more excited for it. I didn't think they'd make full use of the Wii U, but it seemed like a game that could benefit from doing so. To hear that they're going all out with Wii U specific features, that's wonderful to hear. That's what 3rd parties need to do to sell Wii U games; actually make a Wii U game, not just a port.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

I'm thinking Watch_Dogs_2 will be out on PS4/X1 before the Wii U game comes out. And then Ubisoft will likely release the 1st and 2nd game as a bundle for $40, and charge $70 for the Wii U original. Also, no DLC, nor online play. And worse performance than on PS3/360, although that's pretty much a given at this point.

Whatever happened to 'we delay all versions to release them at the same time'...? That's a one-way street I guess, then.

Why worse performance all my multiplats have run fine also why no online? Fact or you just making it up? Ac 4 online works finenon wii u i have no problems getting a game.

dahuman said:
Seriously, what the hell are the Wii U owners going to be playing 1 day after the supposed Watch Dogs release date? I'm not even remotely interested in Watch Dogs until a 7-13 dollar Steam sale now because it's coming out 1 day before MK8, there is noway in hell I'd take Watch Dogs over MK8, noway in fucking hell. You guys need to get real here, if you are taking Watch Dogs over MK8 and you own a Wii U, that's just fucking crazy.

if they fear mk8 so much, there exists a magical thing called: releasing a few weeks later.

Zero999 said:

"and we didn’t want to delay all the other platforms for that one"

but it's okay to delay a finished game on wii u for 7 months, right? Ubisoft should just f*ck themselves for this big spit at their consumers face.

Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Zero999 said:

your negativity is annoying. those games didn't bomb and watch dogs was already set to do much better than AC 4 on wii u. now it may do worse.

We arent seeing a Wii U version of Arkham Knight. I think its safe to say Batman bombed.

Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are franchises that sell Millions upon Millions of copies day 1. AC4 is yet to break 150k on Wii U. CoD Ghosts is yet to break 150k on Wii U.

They are bombs.

I dont see how Watch_Dogs was "already set to do much better" than AC4.

It may be that the GamePad allows them to include some interesting new features exclusive to the platform, but that also means more development time, which means a smaller profit margin, particularly since it'll be delayed. If they simply put the time into making it a stable, solid game on that platform, I'd say the odds are better than even that they could at least break even, though a worthwhile profit margin likely isn't in the cards.

Realistically, they're probably better off cancelling it. Aside from maintaining a toe-hold in the Wii U's market, I don't imagine it doing much for them.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

I'm still getting this on Wii U... A boycott helps no one. And I don't want to play another unoptimized Ubisoft PC port.

Sounds like they initially planned to release a crap version, but changed their mind very late in the development process. I really hope they use the time to improve the version and that it's not a simple 360 port.

But honestly, I doubt that it gets the polish that ZombiU, AC3/4 and Blacklist lacked.

It should have good GamePad features and previous released DLC included if they ask for the full price months later.

rik said:
Cheebee said:

I'm thinking Watch_Dogs_2 will be out on PS4/X1 before the Wii U game comes out. And then Ubisoft will likely release the 1st and 2nd game as a bundle for $40, and charge $70 for the Wii U original. Also, no DLC, nor online play. And worse performance than on PS3/360, although that's pretty much a given at this point.

Whatever happened to 'we delay all versions to release them at the same time'...? That's a one-way street I guess, then.

Why worse performance all my multiplats have run fine also why no online? Fact or you just making it up? Ac 4 online works finenon wii u i have no problems getting a game.

Why? Because it's on Wii U of course, you silly! Us Wii U owners want nor need any of that newfangled online nonsense, and stable framerates without bugs and glitches? Craziness, we want none of it!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Its coming thats all that matters, especially for Wii U only owners like myself. I hope it does ok on Wii U, its a port that has been outsourced so it wont be too costly to Ubi. If it does bomb at least i get to play it. It is still another interesting Wii U game added to the ever growing library of games. Hopefully it does have cool gamepad features, and im quite confident it will as Ubi are the only thirds that have done good things with the gamepad.

Zero999 said:

"and we didn’t want to delay all the other platforms for that one"

but it's okay to delay a finished game on wii u for 7 months, right? Ubisoft should just f*ck themselves for this big spit at their consumers face.

I really hoped you'd be in the this thread.

It required a entire development team to work on the port to Wii U and they're still having trouble releasing it with the other platforms. I'm sure you wish all publishers were as willing to donate resources to the platform.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Zero999 said:
dahuman said:
Seriously, what the hell are the Wii U owners going to be playing 1 day after the supposed Watch Dogs release date? I'm not even remotely interested in Watch Dogs until a 7-13 dollar Steam sale now because it's coming out 1 day before MK8, there is noway in hell I'd take Watch Dogs over MK8, noway in fucking hell. You guys need to get real here, if you are taking Watch Dogs over MK8 and you own a Wii U, that's just fucking crazy.

if they fear mk8 so much, there exists a magical thing called: releasing a few weeks later.

Yeah, the thing is, people generally play MK for like, way longer than that, it's fucking MK, people won't even really pay attention to Watch Dogs even after only a few weeks lol, by then, if they really realease a version that plays more superior, then I might get that instead, though I doubt I'd get anything other than the PC version TBH, we'll see.