By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U - Ubisoft reiterates that Watch Dogs is still coming to Wii U.

Carl2291 said:
Zero999 said:

"and we didn’t want to delay all the other platforms for that one"

but it's okay to delay a finished game on wii u for 7 months, right? Ubisoft should just f*ck themselves for this big spit at their consumers face.

Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Zero999 said:

your negativity is annoying. those games didn't bomb and watch dogs was already set to do much better than AC 4 on wii u. now it may do worse.

We arent seeing a Wii U version of Arkham Knight. I think its safe to say Batman bombed.

Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are franchises that sell Millions upon Millions of copies day 1. AC4 is yet to break 150k on Wii U. CoD Ghosts is yet to break 150k on Wii U.

They are bombs.

I dont see how Watch_Dogs was "already set to do much better" than AC4.

Because nobody was talking about AC4 on Wii U (i really didn't see too many people talking about AC4 at all). Watch Dogs has had a fair amount of hype across the board, including on the U.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Zero999 said:

"and we didn’t want to delay all the other platforms for that one"

but it's okay to delay a finished game on wii u for 7 months, right? Ubisoft should just f*ck themselves for this big spit at their consumers face.

Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Zero999 said:

your negativity is annoying. those games didn't bomb and watch dogs was already set to do much better than AC 4 on wii u. now it may do worse.

We arent seeing a Wii U version of Arkham Knight. I think its safe to say Batman bombed.

Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are franchises that sell Millions upon Millions of copies day 1. AC4 is yet to break 150k on Wii U. CoD Ghosts is yet to break 150k on Wii U.

They are bombs.

I dont see how Watch_Dogs was "already set to do much better" than AC4.

batman AO is yet to cross 1.4M on 360 and it's 13x bigger base and the wii u version is outselling Arkham city, meaning it's the only console where sales didn't decline. Assassin's creed is on it's way to cross 400k by the end of the year. call of retrocess  also declined everywhere.

we aren't seeing AK YET. And most importantly, those games made money, so they aren't bombs. Watch dogs already had more hype and US pre orders on wii u than AC4 sold on it's first US week on wii u, months before release. it WAS set to do much better than Ac4.

"Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." that's a silly excuse trying to defend what has no excuses.

They could be honest and say smth like:
"When we was close to the end of development, we've surprisingly found that wiiu version of the game still in the pipeline. After checking its status we saw that the whole crew we put on this version working day and night, but Mike get ill and John had a vacation, and nobody told Mnishek that we still developing game. So we can assure you that after John will be back from vacation the speed of making this game will double. And Mnishek told us that his 12 years old son will be helping in final polish of the game, so we sure this will be the definitive version.
To avoid unnesessary competition, we'll put it on the shelves 2-3 weeks after Last Guardian will be in shops.
Yours sincerely, gamers for gamers, ubisoft pr crew."

dahuman said:

Yeah, the thing is, people generally play MK for like, way longer than that, it's fucking MK, people won't even really pay attention to Watch Dogs even after only a few weeks lol, by then, if they really realease a version that plays more superior, then I might get that instead, though I doubt I'd get anything other than the PC version TBH, we'll see.

you're just being silly. even if someone plays MK for life, they only play it all the time when they just bought it.

Bad news.
People who own a Wii U and another console wont wait for... who knows?!
If it released on the same day as MK or a few days later, it could have taken advantage of the hype for the game and possible higher sales of HW.
Unlike other franchises this one seemed really well suited for Wii U. Not to mention that it`s the first in the franchise so people could be more open to buying it on Wii U.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
dahuman said:

Yeah, the thing is, people generally play MK for like, way longer than that, it's fucking MK, people won't even really pay attention to Watch Dogs even after only a few weeks lol, by then, if they really realease a version that plays more superior, then I might get that instead, though I doubt I'd get anything other than the PC version TBH, we'll see.

you're just being silly. even if someone plays MK for life, they only play it all the time when they just bought it.

That's all I played on Wii for like 1 year everytime I booted it up lol.

Mr Khan said:

Because nobody was talking about AC4 on Wii U (i really didn't see too many people talking about AC4 at all). Watch Dogs has had a fair amount of hype across the board, including on the U.

AC as a franchise has never had much of a following on VGC. That said, you should never judge how well a title will sell based on how many people are talking about it.

Zero999 said:

batman AO is yet to cross 1.4M on 360 and it's 13x bigger base and the wii u version is outselling Arkham city, meaning it's the only console where sales didn't decline. Assassin's creed is on it's way to cross 400k by the end of the year. call of retrocess  also declined everywhere.

we aren't seeing AK YET. And most importantly, those games made money, so they aren't bombs. Watch dogs already had more US pre orders on wii u than AC4 sold on it's first US week on wii u, months before release. it WAS set to do much better than Ac4.

I dont care how the Arkham games did on PS360 because coincidentally, they are also missing Arkham Knight.

Call of Duty Ghosts may have declined. I mean, its only sold 7.5 Million units on the PS3. Its only sold 8.25 Million units on the 360. Its only sold 1.55 Million units on Xbox One. Its only sold 1.91 Million units on PS4. Those one hundred and thirty thousand units(!) on Wii U must have made all the difference!

And in what dream world is Assassin's Creed 4 on its way to cross 400k? Hell, AC3 and AC4 combined you might have a point here, but neither game will break 400k lifetime on Wii U.

On top of all this... Do you have any proof that they made money? Do you have any proof for the Watch Dogs preorders? Show me the links.

Carl2291 said:
Mr Khan said:

AC as a franchise has never had much of a following on VGC. That said, you should never judge how well a title will sell based on how many people are talking about it.

Zero999 said:

we aren't seeing AK YET. And most importantly, those games made money, so they aren't bombs. Watch dogs already had more US pre orders on wii u than AC4 sold on it's first US week on wii u, months before release. it WAS set to do much better than Ac4.

I dont care how the Arkham games did on PS360 because coincidentally, they are also missing Arkham Knight.

Call of Duty Ghosts may have declined. I mean, its only sold 7.5 Million units on the PS3. Its only sold 8.25 Million units on the 360. Its only sold 1.55 Million units on Xbox One. Its only sold 1.91 Million units on PS4. Those one hundred and thirty thousand units(!) on Wii U must have made all the difference!

And in what dream world is Assassin's Creed 4 on its way to cross 400k? Hell, AC3 and AC4 combined you might have a point here, but neither game will break 400k lifetime on Wii U.

On top of all this... Do you have any proof that they made money? Do you have any proof for the Watch Dogs preorders? Show me the links.

Proof calls for proof, i'd say. The fact that sequels were made is more proof that they made money than those who claim otherwise.

God i wish this industry were more transparent!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

dahuman said:
Zero999 said:

That's all I played on Wii for like 1 year everytime I booted it up lol.

well, you are free to speak for yourself, just don't assume everyone is like you.

Carl2291 said:
Mr Khan said:

Zero999 said:

bolded: want to bet on that? just check the game database. if AC 4 keeps the pace, it will get 400k by the end of 2014. batman and ghosts should get 250k each.

WD had 25k US preorders on wii u two weeks ago. AC4 had a 23k FW on US.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251518/usa-preorders-chart-15-february-2014-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/